“why did we stay at hi ho on 3 different holidays ?”

Hi Ho Beach Apartments
glenelg south australia
“why did we stay at hi ho on 3 different holidays ?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

the location is great all the apartments we stayed in were spotless and well appointed and totally self contained wash and cook as you feel like it very relaxing as for tim and natalia you would not find better hosts anywhere go out of their way to be helpful thanks guys for 3 wonderful stays

Room Tip: preferred beach view so 2nd to 6th floor more suitable
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank trevor c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Hi Ho Apartments at Broadbeach despite being an older establishment has been refurbished to a very comfortable standard with very clean, well-serviced and well-appointed rooms. Our after hours arrival was easily catered for and our rooms were located promptly by the instructions provided. Our two apartments, each of one bedroom, were more than adequate for our overnight stay. The location is ideal for visits to the nearby theme parks and a short drive to Currumbin Wildlife Park for fun day outings. Restaurants (notably Sage and Yellowfin Seafood Restaurants) within a few metres of the apartments provided excellent meals with friendly service for my family of five. At Hi Ho Tim was most obliging in his efforts to make us feel 'at home' and was a wealth of information and passion about the local area and its attractions. Broadbeach is a quieter location on the Gold Coast for a more sedate restful family stopover which was exactly what my family required at this stage of our travels.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

A most disappointing stay in this "superior" unit.Superior I would not call it but the tarriff was at $A195 per night. Lovely views of Broadbeach & close to amenities. I had to complain about the lack of lighting in the underground car parking & was given alternative space where it was lighter. The apartment block is old and the unit I was in was extremely tired. The bedroom is dark and depressive, lounge & dining area fine with a kitchenette. The bathroom/wc had a small window at the end away from the wc and with no expelair the room was quite not a nice place to be in. My visit was tarnished with a wandering guest knocking at my door at 4.50am and persistently staying there until the night manager came. Disappointingly I was not given a satisfactory answer on what had occurred.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Sandra F
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

We recently stayed at the Hi Ho for our 4th time and whilst it may not be up-market as a lot of places around it it's location and facilities arfe ideal for the older traveller.

The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make your stay a comfortable as possible.

The location of the pool allows one to stay out in the sun until late afternoon before the larger building aroun Hi Ho blocks out the sun.

Shopping is within walking and there is no need to have a car

I would have no hesitation in re-booking Hi Ho for our next visit to the Gold Coast

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnCMelbourne
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

We arrived early from NZ and one room was ready for use until others completed.We were booked in to attend a family wedding, along with other family anfd friends. Little did we know that we were to have the wedding and reception in the front garden of the HIHo Apartments with only 26hrs notice. Thank you to the managers for their help in providing us with phone numbers for hiring equipment, etc. We all had a perfect day and this was helped by both Tim and Natalia.
The appartments were clean and well appointed and extra bits and pieces were provided on request. A big Thank You to Hi Ho and the staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed at Hi Ho during Sept/Oct '11 for a week. After reading some reviews was a little apprehensive. BUT upon our very early arrival (had emailed ahead to advise) Natalia greated us and stored our bags until she phoned us to advise our room was ready (ahead of time!) The room was fabulous! Our 1 bedroom apartment was clean, airy and just as described. The 1 queen and 1 single were comfortable with clean sheets, pillows, covers. Right across from the beach and within walking distance to restaurants, cafe's etc, Woolworths and the Convention Centre - which is why we were there. Everything worked, the microwave, washing machine etc. There was enough space in the room for the 3 of us. Tim and Natalia are friendly and extremely helpful and we were happy our experience at Hi Ho was a positive one. Would definitely stay there again. Well priced and well located. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Canberra
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

I booked this hotel via HotelClub.com.au for 2 nights of my 5 nights visit to Gold Coast. I stayed with friends for first 3 nights but their holiday was finished, so i book that hotel. As I already was in the vicinity I went there the day before to see what was in there.
As I am 71 y.o. Senior pensioner suffering from Asthma I am very sensitive to smells especially of smoke. The building is old and although it is clean and tidy I immediately felt not so good. I just plainly cannot stay there.
All my efforts to cancel was refuse,d and it is hard to say by who. HotelClub is saying that the hotel owners do not want to give a refund, the hotel saying about cancellation policies from HotelClub.
I would accept to pay some fee for cancellation. That would be fair but to take 2 nights payment for nothing looks to me like stealing. And the hotel would not suffer from my cancellation. They have plenty of vacancies, so hey would not turn away other clients.
As soon as I am back to Canberra I will go for legal advice.
So, folks, be careful with payment, and if fresh air is important to you the building smells old and smoky to me.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo