Checkin was fine. The apartment was fine. The location wasn't great as it is a bit stuck away from Broadbeach - so to walk there is a good 15 minutes, but it is ok for the money.
The problem for me was that I was woken at 7am by the builders who were reroofing the building, and depositing ton after ton of rubble down a rubbish shoot. This lasted all day, and was deafening. I understand works have to be done, but we should have been forewarned.
It was so unpleasant that I decided to check-out that day (I had a 10 day booking), and rather than be apologetic or try and appease me, the staff were extremely unapologetic and blunt, and just told me if I left I would lose my entire payment. I explained I hadn't paid $2000 to stay in a building site, and if they had put a notice on their webiste or emailed me, then I would not have booked. Their response was that the works had 'overrun' so they didn't think it necessary to inform guests.
Eventually after spending a whole day on the phone to reception, management, reception, management, reception..... you get the idea? they allowed me to leave with 9 days of my money back.
So I would advise:
1. The place is ok, apartments are nice enough, new and well equipped.
2. Check that there aren't any building works going on. I suspect there might be more, as the works I saw looked quite long term.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your ULTIQA Freshwater Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Freshwater Point Hotel Broadbeach
- ULTIQA Freshwater Point Resort Broadbeach, Gold Coast