“Great Honeymoon for my Niece”

ULTIQA Freshwater Point Resort
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Honeymoon for my Niece”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Booked a week here for my Niece and her new husband as a gift, they tell me the hotel is exactly as you see it on the internet with they say is rather unusuall...staff were super and very accommodating, location was perfect close enough to the action but far enough away not to hear the noisy cars during the V8 race week.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HCP_Group, Public Relations Manager at ULTIQA Freshwater Point Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are delighted to hear that your Niece and her husband enjoyed their recent stay at Freshwater Point Resort, what a lovely gift to give!

It is great to hear that they enjoyed everything our Resort has to offer and that our staff were accommodating to their needs.

We hope you too will take the opportunity to come and visit us at Freshwater Point Resort and experience it for yourself one day soon.

Sally Walsh-McEwen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Papamoa
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights with my hubby. After extensive research on accommodation settled on this as used my Entertainment Book and received a special rate. Was a little sceptical as this place has mixed reviews but it turned out to be excellent. The Receptionist was a little 'frosty', and she asked me how we got into the building and so I told her 'through the door', as it was a strange question, and she said that she 'didn't see us'!. Now I read the review prior to this one I see that guy went to reception via the carpark, which is obviously not the correct procedure, so maybe that is why she asked how we got in. It was such a strange thing to say to a guest my hubby said he wanted to say to her that 'he wouldnt want her on his security team if she missed us' but it was clear the woman had no sense of humour so thought it wise not to say that! Wish she had a name tag, but didnt notice it. Really people like her shouldnt have front of house positions! The other woman on reception was very pleasant. The apartment was great, a 1 beddy with a great view over the pool and waterway to the buildings closer to the beach. It had everything we needed although no door on the bathroom bothered my hubby but not me and we both thought that the kitchen layout was poorly thought out with little prep space and nowhere to stack dirty dishes prior to rinsing for the dishwasher, but with a bit of thought appliances could have been laid out differently and would have worked better. Security at night a bit lax as we were awoken at 3am with people in the pool and spa, with no sign of security they were there for about an hour. However, we had a great stay in this stylish resort, close to everything Broadbeach and surrounds have to offer.

Room Tip: Apartments looking over pool are a bit noisy but always something to look at.We had an apartment fac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ZaZaPapamoa
Thank you for this review of your recent stay with us at Freshwater Point Resort.

It is disappointing to hear of the reception you received from our front of house staff member as we pride ourselves on being a friendly and welcoming Resort. Your comments have been forwarded to our General Manager who will discuss this matter with the team.

Our pool and spa area are not allowed to be accessed after 9pm at night, so this was a definite breach of security. Our security records show that this incident was logged and a Security Guard attended the incident as soon as they were alerted. We certainly apologise for the inconvenience and disruption this caused you during your stay.

It is fantastic to hear that overall you enjoyed our Resort and facilities and the fantastic location being so close to the heart of cosmopolitan Broadbeach.

We hope you will visit us again soon at Freshwater Point Resort.

Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

After purchasing an apartment here early 2012, & becoming a permanent resident.. i wanted to share my thoughts about this hidden treasure! And no, i'm not a real estate agent trying to sell my stock. :) . From the moment my partner & i moved in here, we have seen major improvements. A well needed new management had just taken over, and had one hell of a job on there hands to turn this place around from the bad state it was left in. Crisp!! Is the word that comes to my mind when i walk into the reception area now. It has 3 pools, 2 larger pools/ 1 a lap pool & the other a shallow waiting pool for kids which has a waterfall also. The gym is quite small, but has the basics to keep in shape. These machines get a fair workout and sometimes break down, but do get fixed as soon as it's reported to maintenance. Along with the works of a steam room/sauna & heated spa over looking the canal. It also has a cafe, which has your basic drinks&alcoholic beverages plus a fresh healthy food selection. There are 2 levels of car parking, but do check there is no reserved sign posted, as this place is not only holiday let but owner/occupy. Overall i have found parks always to be plentiful and easy to acess. You have acess to pontoons on the canal, which i often visit and throw a fishing line in. There is plenty of table and chairs, plus a couple barbecue's free to use. If you wish to have people over for a meeting or drinks, i believe there are a couple rooms you can book out through reception. As the building is positioned on the corner of the canal, it has some beautiful views over looking the water and capturing the bright lights from Broadbeach & Surfers Paradise. Directly behind the conventional centre/5 mins walk to Jupiters Casino and Broadbeach. Only a short 5minute stroll to the rustle & bustle, if you can drag yourself away from Freshwater Points relaxed atmosphere. I noticed a few unpleasent coments on the staff.. As for the scary rude security guy, he has a job to do and unfortunately gets to deal with the occasional drunk/loud person who has no respect for the house rules or other people staying on the premises. I'm lauging as i write that, as the security guy..is one of the nicest i have ever met & does try make everyones stay as pleasant as possible. And the reception girls...not mentioning any names.. :) I have never had a problem with them, if anything..they have always been more than helpful to us, and even before they knew i was a resident. Well i hope this has answered any questions you had about this place. As you can probably tell. We love it here. Management organises regular trivia nights which has become very popular with amazing prizes, and happy hour & nibblies often as well. With a mixture of retirees, young and middle aged couples/singles. Stay one night here & you will regret it... as you will wish you booked more.. Ahoj :-)

Room Tip: My choice is the Highest floor on NW side.. less noise & better view.. :-)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Freshwater Point Resort.

How lucky you are to be a permanent resident in this lovely Broadbeach property, no doubt you are the envy of many as you indeed living the dream!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your views and knowledge of the property which may assist with future guests deciding whether or not to stay at Freshwater Point. As you have said, Freshwater has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and is very close to both the shopping and dining district of Broadbeach as well as Jupiters Casino.

We are glad to hear you enjoy the regular trivia nights held in the café and will certainly pass your comments on to the organisers.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while at the Gold Coast for work. I booked a bedroom apartment for $103 a night which is pretty good value compared to the other places I stayed at for work in the Gold Coast.

The Ups.
The best thing about this place I can say is the amount of space there is in the apartment. There was copious amounts of dead space that I didn't need but it was great to have, and at a great price.
The bath was comfortable, not a tiny little hotel style bath, the bed was two doubles put together and had eight pillows on them.
I had a balcony overlooking the pool, gym, river and Gold Coast city scape.
There were two sofas and one sofa bed, so there was plenty of room for more than a single person stay.
There was a full sized fridge with an ice tray with complimentary milk, instant coffee and tea.
It was in a great location, behind the Convention Centre and close to a shopping centre.
There was a washer and dryer which was very handy.

The Downs.
[I should point out that I'm still only in my early 20's and travel quite a bit for work, I still look fairly young so this may have a contributing factor to my experience with checking in]
When I arrived I didn't know where to park my car for check in, as the car park doors were open I just went inside quickly found a park out of the way incase it was reserved and headed up to reception to check in. As I arrived at reception the staff member at the desk saw me approaching with my bags and check in confirmation in hand, she then proceeded into a room behind the desk to have a conversation. I waited for her return, not long, but long enough to get on your nerves, when she finished she came out and said to me "yes?" All the other places I have stayed for work have been pleasant enough to say welcome to XYZ, how may I help you and what not. I told her I had a reservation and the reply was "Name?" I told her my name and she gave me a form and was told "Fill this out". I was also asked fairly bluntly "Where did you come in from?" I explained that I just parked in the car park below, she then mumbled to herself.

Fair enough everyone has their bad days so I didn't make much of it at the time, I was given my key and that was the last interaction I had with her.

The kitchenette had all the necessary equipment, although quite a few pieces of cutlery was dirty and stained, I had to carefully inspect and wash before using.
The carpark is pretty tricky, a lot of the spaces were reserved for permanent residents I'm assuming, and it's quite a tight squeeze through some parts.
They had some sort of trivia night on in the reception area on my second night so I had to squeeze past all the tables full of people dressed to impress to get to the pool and gym.
There was no free WiFi or internet access that I could find, but that's fairly standard with alot of hotels.
There was no extra locks or deadbolt on the entrance door. Although you need to swipe your RFID tag to get to the correct floor, the door only has 1 lock on it. The sliding door to the bathroom and bedroom had a flimsy little lock which can be unlocked from the lounge room with even an ordinary butter knife from the kitchenette. It was a bit unsettling when you have several thousand dollars worth of tech gear in the apartment which I carried to and from work.

I would definitely recommend this property and stay again despite the minor negative things.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael C
Thank you for your detailed account of your recent stay with us, we certainly appreciate the time and effort you have put in to provide us with specific feedback on your experience.

We have passed on your comments regarding our front of house staff and the reception you received upon your arrival. Your example is not one of how we like to greet and welcome our guests to Freshwater and we sincerely apologise for this. We also note your comments regarding the facilities within the apartment and have passed these on to the necessary contacts for consideration.

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your spacious apartment and the views over the Gold Coast skyline and we are happy that the amenities within the apartment made your stay comfortable.

We are extremely pleased to hear that you would stay with us again and recommend Freshwater Point Resort and look forward to welcoming you back to our property again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 10, 2012

booked thru interval international, this is our second visit. apartments are comfortable - has the comforts of home plus more. the rooms are cleaned professionally. includes washer and dryer in every unit. makes being a member of a holiday club worthwhile. the pool is nice - with its own poolside cafe. it has its own walkway to jupiter's casino where one can get the monorail (A$3 each ride) to go to the oasis shopping center or to go to Kurrawa beach;
parking can be tricky at the basement when one arrives late at night but there is still parking at the front of the resort. the only down side is that it does not have free wifi. there is an internet kiosk at the mezzanine but I avoided it this visit coz last time, the machine ate all of my money and was not able to get it back.

Room Tip: any room you get is very good,
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HCP_Group, Public Relations Manager at ULTIQA Freshwater Point Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear travellingdoctor48,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at Freshwater Point resort.

We are delighted to hear that you stay with us was a comfortable one; it is always nice when away from home that there are some creature comforts to make your stay and enjoyable one.

Like many of our guests who find our location both relaxing and conveniently located, it is wonderful to hear you were able to access the surrounding sites such as the Casino and Oasis Shopping Centre with ease.

We take on board your constructive comments and feedback relating to Wifi within the Resort and have passed on your comments regarding the internet kiosk. We encourage all guests to report any problems at the time of their stay to our friendly front of house staff who are happy to assist.

We hope to see you again at our Resort and thank you again for your feedback.

picton
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have just stayed at the apartments for 10 days and found the place really fantastic.
We had a two bedroom apartment (2 adults and two small granchildren) overlooking the pool and river on level two. The apartment was spacious and clean and had all of the facilities that we required. The pool and BBQ area were fantastic and we spent a lot of time there. It was school holidays and there were plenty of families and children around. We liked being away from the noise of the main road and had easy parking underneath for our vehicle. The staff were nice and helpful. We would reccommend Freshwater to families and couples, avoid the school holidays if you want peace and quiet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on Freshwater Point Resort, we certainly appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

It sounds like you enjoyed all aspects of our Resort which is fantastic to hear. We are lucky to be in a nice peaceful setting, yet only minutes from the hustle and bustle of central Broadbeach.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future to Freshwater.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We recently stayed in Room 2509 ( 2 br apartment on the 5th floor overlooking the entrance). We have stayed here on 2 other occasions as we like the quieter location away from the highway. This time we were bitterly dissapointed. There has been no evidence of maintenance or upkeep since these apartments opened. The state of our apartment was disguisting. The couches/chairs were so badly stained that even the Salvo's wouldn't have wanted them! The carpet dirty, the walls badly scuffed & marked and the bathrooms in urgent need of a thorough scrub. The cobwebbed curtains were too small for the windows and left gaps. There were a lack of pool towels available at reception and our request was met with a dismissive attitude. Parking (included) was also a nightmare as a large number of the parks were reserved, and with no allocated parking there was no control over how guests/ visitors etc could take up parks.
Unfortunately as all the apartments are privately owned and poorly managed there is no obligation for owners to maintain their apartments to the ADVERTISED 4 star rating. So it is definately the luck of the draw as to what you get!
The grounds, pool and cafe were all good and thanyou to Jacinta who was helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank APVCmember
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay with us at Freshwater Point Resort.

It is disappointing to hear your feedback on your apartment and that your stay was not an enjoyable one. We try and incorporate all guests’ requests when possible to ensure their stay is a comfortable and enjoyable which includes granting requests for apartment changes. During busy times, however, this is not possible as we simply don’t have the availability. Our staff noted your complaints regarding the couch and swapped the cushions for you straight away.

Our staff has investigated the curtains which you have stated were too small for the window, however, we could not see this but will investigate further for the comfort of future guests.
At the present, we are not offering pool towels to guests at Reception and are in the process of ordering a bulk amount for guest’s future use. We apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

We are happy to hear your positive comments regarding the pool and café and feedback on our helpful staff which we will be sure to pass onto Jacinta.

We hope to see you again one day at Freshwater Point Resort.

Sally Walsh-McEweb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Mantra Legends Hotel
Mantra Legends Hotel
#9 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
ULTIQA Beach Haven on Broadbeach

Been to ULTIQA Freshwater Point Resort? Share your experiences!