“Good apartment”

Victoria Square Apartments
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Nice apartment, near to the shopping center and the beach. Facility is OK for your relax.
The most important is that it is near to the GCCEC.

Room Tip: Near to the GCCEC. About 5 minuts wall. Near to the beach, about 100m
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vivien X

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Wonderfull spot,right in the centre of Broadbeach Mall opposite Oasis shopping centre
Large 2 bedroom unit 13th floor,plenty of space,only 3 units per floor,the staff were very helpfull and pleasant,we never used the car while we were here for 16 nights.

We have stayed here before but quite a few years ago and is still good value for money
and will stay again

Room Tip: Try ask for high floor if you want a bit quieter but really your on Holidays usally and really who c...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NswOldie
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Three of us stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment, 2 min walk to the beach every morning, Great food and entertainment everywhere you look, Woolies across the road and a chinese takeaway open till 1am next door for a bit of substance after a night out! What more could you want! Very friendly staff and I have a feeling they will be seeing alot more of me and the guys! Highly recommend VS Apartments

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Troy M
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have stayed many times at the Victoria Square Apartments and had the most enjoyable and relaxing time each visit. I am welcomed like I was family and always feel so happy to come back.

I am here again for 2 weeks this visit (May 2012) and my room is beautiful with lovely views of the ocean. I can see and hear the mall entertainment and that is what makes me feel on holidays. How anyone can complain is beyond me as the management go out of there way to ensure you have a lovely time.
I suggest to anyone travelling to Gold Coast to stay there if needing accomodation (as I choose this accomodation myself) as Victoria Square apartments are truly suitable to all guests as the apartments are in the heart of the coast and close to everthing you may need.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Christine692
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Booked for easter weekend Great position But when you arrive no Reception Desk open, get keys finally find car park go up to room Dirty dirty ! and the TV old style box type ! who has one of these now , get real this is a 4 star apartment and no DVD . Then The bathrooms well
the main had shower over 3 foot high bath with shower curtain, and very unclean. the en suite was the same unclean, shower doors did not close. All the carpets were dirty , stove and microwave 30 years old. Hair dryer tripped the power board and had to be reset. The Reception desk was not open all weekend , you pay for a service and a clean unit you don't get it hear. Would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Howard J
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Was advertised as 4 star luxurious when I went on the Wotif website and put 4 stars min required, in the search engine but believe you me it was not a 4 star room. They may have some refurbished rooms somewhere but why put us in crap rooms when we think it is 4 star accom. when it was flat out reaching 2 star. I don't think it is good business sense as we definitely would never return to stay in accom. like this. Stay away from room 052 on the 5th floor. It is the very first time ever after over 30 years of accomodation around the world that I have ever had to shower with my thongs on as the shower was so filthy looking & grotty and slimy and mildew on walls & floor and the silicone caulking was coming away it was disgusting and I thought I would catch a foot disease. The carpets were filthy too. This room is in dire need of upgrading and refurbishment & the furnishings & lounge etc are terrible. No TV in the main bedroom which is unheard of in 4 star accom. which of course this was not.. This was also the very first time I have ever had to load the dishwasher before we used cutlery or crockery and put it on the pot scrub wash. The coffee cups were disgusting and filthy & stained inside. Once the cutlery drawer was emptied I also had to clean that out. The first thing I saw as we walked into the apartment was the main bedroom bed where the quilt was hanging on the floor on one end and that high up on the other end it looked like a kid made it. I pulled back the quilt and checked the bed & I think the sheets were clean god I hope so but the pillow cases definitely weren't and were crushed and not even on the pillows properly and most certainly not clean. I was itching every one of the 3 nights we stayed & it still disgusts me thinking about it. The cleaners at this place definitely need sacking as they obviosly could not care less & the floors did not even look vacuumed & they obviously just hurredly do their work & don't go the extra mile. The lights in the main bathroom over the mirror are so full of dust so cleaners don't look for these extra things that need doing as they certainly don't even do the basics. There was only half a roll of toilet paper in the toilet and when it run out there was no spare roll. What sort of apartment does this. The vents in the bathrooms in ceiling were totally disgusting and dirty and dusty & every time you had a shower you had to look at them yuck!! The beds need updating as they are very old. There was no DVD player in a supposedly 4 star accomodation I have never seen this ever! I even had to also wash the lounge cushions before use as they were horribly dirty. It is indeed a shame as the position of this building is wonderful and right on the Broadbeach mall & central to everything and all the restaurants & shopping. The lockup underground safe parking is great & free. Counter staff are friendly & helpful. Looks like the foyer of the building has been done up & is quite nice but please spend some money on the apartments cause that is what counts!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank rockhamptonplumbing
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed for 6 nights in a two bedroom apartment. We were on the 11th floor, though I think 4 floors dont exist. The only problem we had was on new years eve where we could not block out the noise from the band and night club. It actually felt like the band was playing in the lounge room. The music stopped at 2.30am and I was finally able to get to sleep. The showers were a bit grotty and the taps needed new washers as they kept leaking.
The location is fantastic though it was a bit too expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is higher. It does get very noisy and it is not sound proof
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family