“Little disappointed”

$19.31*
Dracula's Haunted House Admission Ticket on the Gold Coast
$99.63*
and up
Gold Coast Attraction Pass Including Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and Paradise...
More attraction details
Owner description: Dracula's is Australia's longest running and most successful dinner theatre. A total night of entertainment combining burlesque, contemporary music, comedy and quality dining, all in the one incredible venue. From that first tentative step inside, you and your party are transported to an underworld of gothic splendour. Ride the famous ghost train into the Theatre of the Vampyre. Explore the multi level castle and be captivated by the intense atmosphere. Animated creatures as well as original and rare horror collectables adorn the entire venue. Sample unique cocktails in the Van Helsing cocktail bar. A quality three course dinner is followed by the main event, Dracula's two hour live production featuring some of Australia's most talented performers. The productions change annually and continue to 'wow' audiences with the latest audio and visual special effects and a menu that is to die for! For over 30 years, multi award wining Dracula's has wined, dined and horrified over 3,000,000 guests from all over the world. Dracula's has always been and continues to be produced, written and directed by the Newman Family. An all Australian entertainment success story that is truly immortal.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I hadn't been to Draculas since I think 2009, and have visited the theatre twice before that.
Myself and my partner went on the 3rd of August and was keen as my partner hadn't been before.
The draculettes are still great, but don't like how they are all uniformed and don't have separate costumes anymore, and are dressed more sexily rather than gorey. Really liked Saturday a waitress I had once who was dressed liked Wednesday Adams.
Also didn't like that you can't take a photo with the draculettes anymore and they are photoshopped in.
Drinks and food was good as always, but wasn't a fan of the entree.
The show was a bit different to previous years, and thought the lesbian scene was tacky. I liked that the draculettes were more involved in the show than previously.
My waitress Spider was great and quite enjoyed her being our 'Slave'.
Would still go again but liked the old Drax.

1  Thank Emmabetty89
Write a ReviewReviews (2,110)

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been to draculars numerous times in the past few years and always loved it, however I was appalled by last weekends experience there. From the get go, the missing fire twirlers were noticed and although I didn't mind the mechanical introduction the real guy that used to come out was much better. We were rushed through the photos so quickly and the staff at that section were so rude. I wanted to buy a photo but their attitude turned me right off and I decided against it. Not to mention the fact that I wasn't entirely thrilled with it being a green screen with no real people dressed up anymore. Bad move draculars, bad move! That staff interaction was very inportant. Upon being crammed into our seats (I swear it never used to be quite so crammed in previously) we discovered that the menu we looked at online when booking was not the menu in front of us and my friend with food allergies could not eat the entree. Not that she missed out on much - the hard chick peas ruined the tart completely and it was quite awful tasting. The main was ok although I thought it was a bit slack that the fat wasn't even cut off the outside of the lamb shank and it would have been nice to try the dessert although by the time that there was enough light to see what we were doing our desserts had been sitting there for about 15 minutes and none of my table of 5 was interested in trying it anymore. On top of that, I don't know why they have changed the type of show so much - it was far too sexualised and even the jokes were not as funny as in previous shows I have seen. My entire group was quite disgusted at the strip show type feel of the show and really wasn't interested in watching 2 chicks simulate lesbian sex on stage. I missed the staff interaction the most, we were not even greeted "hello" and you could tell immediately that the staff do not enjoy their jobs as much as they have in previous years. I came into contact with 4 rude staff while there (Saturday 27th July) which I have never come across at draculars before - all staff have always been super friendly and funny and interactive in past years! I don't know what has changed (perhaps management?) but the entire ambiance has gone from an enjoyable, relaxing, fun, customer service focused night into a "push to make more money but provide lower standards" type business. Not impressed and will think twice about ever going again. Funnily enough the couple behind us as we left, also regular draculars visitors, said exactly the same thing!

2  Thank JomJom2707
Luke N, Manager at Dracula's Cabaret Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Hello Jaime. We have received your feedback here on TripAdvisor, and have responded personally to your emails.
Once again, we understand that not everyone is going to be onboard with our changes. However, rather than running the risk of becoming nostalgic and always doing the same thing, a lot of our long term guests have actually given us some great feedback regarding the new format.
Thanks again for your time.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a fun, racey night out. Full of laughs, good food. If you are visiting the Gold Coast it is a different fun night out.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Many years have past since I was last at Draculas but it was great to go back and see the different show. It was definitely adults only but still a ton of fun. The food was quite good. Two of us had lamb shanks, one had fish and the other had pork belly and all of us were completely satisfied, especially since it was served to a bulk audience. The coffin dessert was a highlight. Lower level was great as there seemed to be a lot of action taking place. It was a bit squashy but that made for a friendlier environment I thought. All in all, definitely recommended.

1  Thank Dianne and Tom M
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I wasn't keen on going to a themed show/restaurant, but it was a great night out. The performances were great, there were a couple of fantastic singers and comedic acts. Overall if you want to leave the kids at home and let your hair down it's a great night with friends.

1  Thank PauletteContessi