“Focus on the price, not the quality.”

Broadbeach Savannah Resort
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed in a spa studio apartment for 3 nights after booking on Wotif. Definitely agree with previous comments that you get what you pay for. After reading previous reviews, I had very low expectations and on first glance this hotel seemed to impress me. Looked clean and well equipped. After spending a little bit more time there I noticed a few issues. Mostly it was cosmetic such as lots of dust, dark brown stains on the curtains and large chips and scratches of missing paint on walls. I was more worried about the toilet which almost overflowed with each flush and broken tap so that I couldn't fill the bath and have a spa. Very disappointed as the spa seemed to be a highlight of the room. When I went to call reception to discuss these issues I found that my phone wasn't connected. Eventually got onto reception using my mobile and after some poor customer service the manager came to inspect. I was denied a different room and was assured that a plumber would come the following day to fix the issues. Long story short, the plumber never turned up and I didn't want to deal with hopeless staff again so I just made do. I know it was a cheap rate ($99/ night) but still felt like I over paid.
Breakfast was ok. Didn't expect it to be too good but exceeded low expectations.
Don't know how they can call this a 4star hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in 504. Toilet and shower tap were broken. Fridge noisy. Could hear people in apartment abo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Laura-reviews-Aus

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed in a studio apartment for 1 night, was a bit worred as didn't read the reviews on here until after we booked and paid for our "wotif deal" anyway we thought if it was really that bad we didn't need to stay. Checked in at 1.30 and were pleasantly surprised, got a carpark no problem, room had everything we needed as well as a decent size fridge, bedroom could be closed of from lounge/kitchenette area. A balcony with a view of ocean and Broadbeach. Room was outdated as was bathroom but shower was good, bed comfortable and good size tv for the size room we were in. Breakfast the next morning was very average but then again it is included in a cheap rate. If you are looking for first class accommodation and a gourmet buffet breakfast then pay the price for that, don't expect for $99 you are going to get the equivalent to a Food Fantasy Buffet at the casino.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rochelle C
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Place was clean enough. Toilet smelt, apartment looked nothing like the pictures on the Internet. We booked through wotif so got breakfast too. That was also average. Suited what we needed it for. Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Emmabetty89
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My Wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in early June, firstly how this hotel gained or keeps a 4 star rating is beyond me, the first room we checked into was beyond words, dirty, dusty, smelly, worn furnishings, appliances that did not work and utensils I wouldn't use to feed my dog. On complaining we were offered an "upgrade", whilst slightly better (very slightly) it was much the same. A terrible thing to look forward to checking out when you have just arrived. Agree 100% with the other comments re the breakfast, truly do not bother - it is terrible. Will never ever stay here again and recommend you do your homework before considering doing so.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barry L
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place was definitely worth the money, the studio has all that we needed, oven, fridge, sink microwave..it was airconditioned. the tv was large. Loved the balcony, close to the beach and the shops as well. Added bonus, a spa bath..

Room Tip: If you need good overnight accommodation, this place is it.. we had a studio room, good views, and t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank judy d
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I agree with other reviewers that this hotel is not in any way up to 4 star standard. The rooms are poorly designed (TV sitting close to roof level on top on fridge and microwave cabinet) and tired looking, furniture has seen better days, blankets were dusty, the spa bath and tiles mould-stained, there wasn't even a box of tissues provided, and the power kept cutting off during my stay. Reception staff are not exactly unhelpful but hardly the epitome of good customer service. Although I stayed here on a cheaper wotif.com deal, I still feel ripped-off. False advertising led to expectations that this place just can't live up to unless they overhaul it completely.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here 1 night with my daughter for the country music festival at broad beach. Great location only short stroll away from the centre of broad beach. Very limited car parking at the resort it self. First in first served :) plenty of on street parking which is free. There is a height limit on car park ( our Prado just fitted under) we got the deal on a booking deal $100 for king bed and spa with breakfast included. Spa very small but daughter had fun in it. Room very neat and tidy, grout in shower needs to be re done. Staff were very helpful and polite. Would def come back for the price and location very happy :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family