“Do not stay at this hotel the worst experience I have had on the Gold Coast !!!”

Broadbeach Savannah Resort
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel the worst experience I have had on the Gold Coast place is privately managed do not be fooled by the break free logo bathroom mouldy and dirty I wouldn't feed the buffet breakfast to my dog !! We booked in for 4 nights complained got offered another room which was just a dirty if I could post photos I would - I ended up asking for a refund they tried to give me only half my money back but I managed to only have to pay for the one night u stayed and had to get the booking site hotelclub to agree which they did no problems with booking agent they refunded the 3 nights we didn't stay for - anyway was left with no where to stay drove around found a fantastic hotel called freshwater point much much better.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
brisbane
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed three days in a sub penthouse and actually enjoyed the stay.The unit was tired but clean and had enormous outdoor areas.Beds were comfortable as was the lounge.Well set up kitchen and very hot showers.Price was very good,much lower than surrounding properties.

Staff were efficient but not overly chatty.On site parking is woeful but plenty of on street parking available.

This unit block is situated in a very busy and very noisy part of the Gold Coast and we rather enjoyed being in the center of everything though if you were looking for a get away from it all holiday you would be disappointed.Unit very soundproof when all doors shut but lots of traffic noise from the highway when open..Pool looked inviting but didn't use it so can't comment.

A couple of blocks from the beach but good views of the ocean from some balconies .Has its shortcomings but was not bad for the money.Bear in mind that we were in a sub penthouse and have no idea what the basic rooms are like.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a night and the first room we were put in , the TV didnt work so they moved us because the handyman had gone home for the day, which was fine we us, they said it was an upgrade, which we also thought was fine! until we got in the room --- yes it was bigger but the carpet smelt like someone had peed on it, so no walking around barefoot for me, also they dont have much secure parking so you have to leave your car on the street and hope for the best. i would'nt stay their again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leanne E

Travelers are raving about these Broadbeach hotels

Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The owner of this place has no love for his business or his staff ... Or anyone for that matter!
If your trying to save money you only get what you pay for with this place.
For starters the place is mutton dressed as lamb it's daggy and the rooms have an aged smell, the service desk did the bare minimum and wouldn't smile for the world, the parking is disgusting my partner was on crutches at the time so when we couldn't find a vacant space we were forced to park in a vacant area in the lot to which the owner had us towed at our expense. Would not stay there if someone paid me to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe R
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Excellent roomy unit with decent views and had been refurbished. Facilities were good, and represented decent value for the 2 nights we were there.

However, "car parking" was included in the cost but as many others have said, there are not enough car parks, and after being out for the evening spent a pleasant 30 mins looking for on street parking, not an easy task late on a Saturday night during school holidays. When booking we have a standard question regarding car parking and it was stated not a problem.

Massive 52" inch LCD TV, with only analogue channels and cable channels didn't work, never heard back from management on getting it sorted (not a big drama but the little things do count).

If you are flying in and don't need a car it is fine, if you have a car and want to use and park it is not. Reading other reviews seems they have nice little earner going on by towing cars.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I got a great deal though Hotel Club which included breakfast.

When I started to read reviews on the hotel I started to worry. A lot of people said that the hotel was looking old and there was a question of mould in the bathrooms.

I decided that I would wait till I got there to make a judgement.

Car parking - not a lot of spaces in the car park so you are forced to park your car and walk or risk not being able to get a car park space when you get back and you have to park on the street. Or if you are silly enough to park in the driveway at night, find your car has been towed during the night $330 plus a cab ride to pick up your car). If you don't have a car - its good, if you paid to hire a car to see the Gold Coast, you may have wasted the money on a hire car as you may not be able to get a space when you get back.

Rooms - the older part of the hotel is showing its age. If you are on a "cheap deal" you will be in this area, so don't be thinking "this room is normally $255, I got it for $140". You will be in the older area of the hotel where there is no way on earth someone would be paying $255 a night
WIFI - its through a company which charges through the roof and has not very good speed
Bathroom - big, but the "spa bath" was not very big and if oyu were tall, a bit uncomfortable and both of us had trouble turning the spa off

TV - was on a high shelf, so to change channels you had to hold the remote above your head and point it at the TV (we didn't realise that we could watch the cable sports channels until the next day as they were on a different set of channels) - a bit of info would have helped.
Breakfast - plenty of variety, but a cereal with the sign "coco pops" was obviously a cheap brand which was chocolate balls not pops . The orange juice was not "juice", but other than that, enough for us.

I would stay again, but not if I wanted to use my car to get around.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the street may be noisy as they are putting in tramlines on the road outside...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank margaretdb
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night 16/03/13 on the 13th floor in a studio style room. The room was big enough for two people had a cosy living area and bed was comfortable. There was a nice kitchen area that was great for cooking breakfast. However beware of smoke as the detectors are very sensitive. The washing machine was outside to share with the adjoining room. The bathroom was the only room where the cleaning wasn't up to par but mostly just the grout and mould that can be sometimes hard to get rid of. The spa bath was amazing but my boyfriend who is very tall didn't find it very comfortable. Had a nice view of broadbeach and casino. Very pleased that management accepted my request for higher level room. However the reception was a bit short. Overall would recommend again and was even a better deal because I booked this as a mystery deal and it ended being $87 a night. Car parks are limited and plenty of signs saying tow away zone so be careful.

• Stayed March 2013