Broadbeach Savannah Resort
Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
$161
$147
Sofitel
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Broadbeach(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
$101
  • Pool
The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
$255
$183
Peppers Broadbeach(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
$181
$159
Agoda.com
La Grande Apartments(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
$379
Travelocity
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$94
$92
  • Restaurant
Gold Coast Inn(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$78
$74
Tropicana Motel Mermaid Beach(Mermaid Beach)(Great Value!)
$83
$80
No availability for your dates from our partners
Aruba Surf Resort(Broadbeach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfamily roombed was comfortablefull size fridgeenjoyable stayself containedwashing machine and dryerjupiters casinocoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Booked this hotel back in November for a 1 night stay (10 March) as we went to Draculas for my 30th, only reason booked was Casino was fully booked due to a convention and we wanted to be walking distance.

Paid $230 for an 'executive fully refurbed ocean view room incl breakfast'. Booked for 4 adults and as the room apparently caters for 5 adults, made the assumption that it was a 2 bedroom, given the high rate and the occupancy. When we walked in the room we realised we were in some sort of Indian student accommodation, where the dining room was converted to a bedroom, there was luckily 1 bedroom or we would have been in some sort of swingers room. 1 bathroom, 1 shower, zero bath. Teeny weeny room. I didn't want to get upset as we were there for my 30th. After a while I was so peeved off I went to reception to complain, and was told too bad!! I explained that I must have the wrong room because where the hell was the 5th person suppose to sleep? There was no fold out sofa or the likes. So off I marched, had a few drinks and let it go.

So the following morning we arrive down at breakfast to be told that our breakfast is not included. I said 'yeah it is' and the rude indian woman proceeded over to reception and came back to tell me I was wrong! So I said to our party, I know it is, so we will eat and I will sort it out. I found my wotif email and yes it clearly stated it was included so I went to reception where I did NOT receive an apology, just 'I wish people would do their job properly'. I then returned to our room for a rest, to have reception call me to ask when we were vacating the room, even though I had requested late checkout!

Total nightmare, total rip off, and i deliberately made a tripadvisor account to ensure that this hotel is stopped! Really peeved to see other reviews that people were paying $79 and I forked out $230 - SUPER UNHAPPY! lucky I have
A great husband who is taking me to QT in a fortnight to have a night away to make up for this horrible experience.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Hotelle11
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We booked a small apartment through a Wotif deal and on arrivial asked for a quite room and was given a family room on level nine.The room was better then what we expected well furnished air conditioning,bed,lounge and patio furniture all in good condition.We had no complaints about our unit. The amenties pool,gym sauna,outdoor spas,childrens play area were all o.k. Location handy to anything we wanted all within easy walking distance we did not have to use our car at all.The breakfast was alright and satified our needs. As the unit was self contained we had some meals in an other times ate out. With regards to smells, the pipes had
slight smell and the smells in the passage ways was coming from the rubbish chutes located beside the elevators. Maybe management could look at some way to fix this problem.
If you had to pay full price for a stay you may be wanting more for your money but for the deal we had we would return again if a similar deal was offered.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter on Surf Pde.end of building Level 8 up are better for views and noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I wrote a letter of complaint about our stay to the Manager, and did not even receive a response. Here is the letter which outlines all the issues, the worst being a smoke alarm that went off continually during the night! $160 down the toilet!

"This is a complaint. Please forward to management. We stayed at your establishment on Friday night 2nd March. Our family was really looking forward to a rest, and a night away, and we were badly disappointed. We had several unpleasant experiences. I have listed them in time order.

Friday afternoon - whilst swimming in the pool with my children, I found a cigarette butt floating past me.

Friday evening - we have 2 children, and despite advising the hotel, we only had 2 bath towels in the room for the whole family. A minor issue, but still frustrating.

Friday night - on going to bed, my husband and I found our windowless, airless room to be stiflingly hot. We couldn't turn the air conditioner up higher as it would have meant our children who were sleeping in the main room, would have been freezing. I finally got to sleep near midnight.

Early Saturday morning - we were woken at 1.30am by the smoke alarm beeping sporadically!!! This went on for quite some time, until eventually it went off "properly" then seemed to stop after a while. This was upsetting for us and the children and extremely annoying. Needless to say, it was a terrible, awful night's sleep.

In the morning, we found a HUGE puddle of water under the air conditioner.

We couldn't use the breakfast bar in the room without re-arranging the lounge room! The bathroom was disgusting. Very smelly and the grout was awful and mouldy. The spa smelled like a sewer

We advised the attendant at the front desk about some of these issues with no apology or interest.

We have returned home exhausted. We have stayed in many hotels and apartments on the Gold Coast and Brisbane and this was by far the worse experience we have ever had.

I hope to hear from you soon advising as to how you can correct this situation and compensate us for what was clearly NOT value for money and a most unpleasant experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Murbahmum
Reviewed March 6, 2012

After reading other reviews we were sceptical but booked anyway.
We asked for a corner room away from the traffic of the Gold Coast Highway and got it thanks to the suggestion from another reviewer.
The room was shabby to say the least. We had to buy bleach from Woolies to get rid of the mould in the bathroom.
The carpet in the kitchen and lounge was well past it's use by date as well as the curtains. Although there was a microwave, there was nowhere to plug it in!
Thankfully we only paid $79 per night on a Wotif deal.
I suggest finding alternative accommodation .

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Like a few other reviewers I got the 1 bed apartment on a Wotif.com sale ($79 a night). I was at a conference at the exhibition centre and the hotel is really handily placed - just a short 5 minute walk away. There's also plenty of bars and restaurants nearby

In truth if you hunt around enough then you can get quite a few bargains in Broadbeach. A few of my colleagues were staying in much smarter hotels and only paying a little over $100.

It's easy to be critical of the place - the room does need a bit of an update but it's not too bad and the kitchen area is pretty clean and tidy. The breakfast was pretty woeful (especially considering that the Resort is masquerading as an upmarket hotel), but it was edible. The bath was really narrow and was a bit of a squeeze to get in (and I'm not a fatty)

You can also complain about the highway which drones on outside, but it's obvious from the map that you're going to get that and if your room is high enough up (I was on the 7th floor) it wasn't too unpleasant.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business