After spending many hours researching accomodation on the Gold Coast (unfortuntaly I did not know about trip advisor) I was very excited to book at Diamond Beach resort. The photos of the pool , units and gardens looked beautiful and very family friendly. After driving 11 hours through the night my family (myself, my husband and our 2 children aged 2 and 9 mths) arrived around 11 am. I booked in and we were settled in by 1 pm, which ws great! We had a ground floor 2br unit (only 1 flight of stairs from the underground carpark) and the unit was comfortably furnished. We then had a handyman come and go 3 times, fixing lights and the shower door. I had prebooked a cot but it was not in the unit when we arrived ( Lucky I had my own portacot as my baby needed a sleep when we arrived) there was no toilet paper in the unit, and the dvd player which was in the lounge when we arrived was taken away and we were told we could hire one from reception for $45! My son then cut his foot on a peice of glass that was on the loungeroom floor, so my husband and I had a closer look around the unit. We found another 6 pieces of glass scattered aound the living area, outside on the balcony there was cigarette butts on the floor, cigarette packets in the garden, cigar butts and the most disgusting thing was a suspicious stain on the wall and floor that looked very much like VOMIT!!! Inside both toilets were leaking water onto the floor, there was no bin or garbage bags (luckily I had brought my own garbage bags!) the oven door was jammed and the towels had a musty smell. Management took over 30 mins to respond to our complaints, we were offered a partly refurbished unit on the 3rd floor ( 4 flights of stairs!) which had a tiny balcony overlooking the road and old mismatched furniture. We declined the offer and checked out by 5pm with our money back!! All in ll it was a terrible experience I would not wish on anybody!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated less than 100 metres from the lifesaver patrolled beach and the chic Broadbeach cafe precinct, BreakFree Diamond Beach is family friendly and ideally located. You will be within walking distance of the popular restaurants, bars and shopping at central Broadbeach, Pacific Fair and The Star Gold Coast. All apartments are self contained and include fully-equipped kitchens, laundry facilities, ceiling fans, Austar and large balconies, some with direct pool access. Recreation facilities include two swimming pools landscaped with waterfalls, bridges and rock-cave spas. For the kids, there is a heated novelty fun pool, playground and games room. The resort also has BBQ cooking facilities and a kiosk selling all the beachside holiday necessities. Explore the greater Gold Coast during your stay. Tours to famous Gold Coast theme parks and national parks can be booked through the Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BreakFree Diamond Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Diamond Beach Hotel Broadbeach
- Diamond Beach Hotel
- Diamond Beach Broadbeach
- BreakFree Diamond Beach Broadbeach, Gold Coast