“Gold Coast Paradise”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Western Australia
“Gold Coast Paradise”
Reviewed November 18, 2008

The resort was more than we could ever have hoped for. Lagoon style pools and the bbq area are the centre attraction and this makes this hotel stand out. The appartments are three stories high, and are well appointed. The beds are very comfortable, the kitchen has all the mod cons, and there is a washing machine in the appartments. The parking is very secure, though can be a bit tight getting in if you drive a large car. The only thing we can complain about, is that we had a few cochroaches appear in the bathrooms. But the staff are excellent, and we reccomend that everyone should give this resort a go!!

• Liked — The pool area
  • Disliked — Cochroaches in the bathroom
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ppppppppp042

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
rigter
Reviewed November 13, 2008

What a fantastc place diamond beach resort is! I was really worried after reading the reviews, but upon just walking into the place I knew we would at least have an awesome time outside in the endless pools, gardens and huge bbq area. The atmosphere was buzzing with families having a great time, and there was plenty of room for everyone.
The service was great. The girls are young, but keen to help. However we really had nothing to complain about to the staff. (Unlike other writers who seem to make a big deal over the silliest things in our opinion - such as peach bathrooms and the odd scuffs on walls.)
We were on the first floor over looking a huge pool. We had asked for a refurbished ground floor apartment. The apartment was just like the ones in the pictures - possibly one of the best apartments there. Some of the other apartments did appear to be a little dated with older furniture, but they all had spacious rooms, with a modern kitchen, and our two bedroom had two bathrooms. I assume the others are the same. For up to the minute furnishings you really need to go with a hotel, but then you lose the space advantage of apartments. Our apartment was fully decked out with styilish wooden furniture and heaps of drawers, big couches etc. Great location! We had a great time!

• Liked — the pools
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank rigter
Waikato
Reviewed October 30, 2008

When I first booked at Diamond Beach via phone I was told that the resort apartments are better than the privately owned and that they had maintenance employees at the resort if required, the privatley owned apartments did not have this service.

I had read the reviews on this website after I had booked the accomodation and was a little apprehensive. I contacted the office and requested a 3 bedroom refurbished apartment. They were very helpful and obliged. The only thing that we were disappointed with on arrival was that we had two families and we had requested the apartment to have a configuration of two double beds. The apartment was clean and spacious.

One week prior to our family travelling I looked at the hotels website and noticed that the room rate had dropped dramaticaly to what I had booked. I contacted them again and they were only to happy to reduce the tarriff to the going rate.

Our family had a great time, the pool area was kept really clean, the barbecue area was always cleaned overnight and spotless in the morning. Our family would definitely use Diamond Beach again. We have great photos and great memories.

Stayed August 2008
3 Thank deray0606
Perth
Reviewed October 21, 2008

I read all of the reviews for the resort before we stayed there in October 2008. There seemed to be quite a mix of reviews so we weren’t sure of what to expect. When we arrived the room smelled quite musty and we had trouble opening the front door because the carpet under the door had lifted. We aired out the room and the musty smell seemed to go away (either that or we got used to it). The door / carpet problem was fixed in the afternoon by the onsite maintenance man. We tracked down the musty smell to a wardrobe that backed on to one of the bathrooms. The shower had been leaking onto the carpet in the wardrobe. The carpet was quickly removed by maintenance and the shower was resealed. The smell died down for the rest of our 7-day stay.

I think that the mix of reviews for the resort is due to the apartments all being individually owned. It is therefore the individual owners who fit out the apartments. Some are well appointed with new furniture whilst others aren’t as new.

Overall the 2-bedroom apartment we had was very functional with all the things you need to be comfortable (dishwasher, microwave, dryer, washing machine and limited cable TV). The complex is close to Pacific Fair Shopping Centre and the cafes / restaurants near Broadbeach Mall. The pool area was great for kids and adults alike.

Sure the apartment was a little old and the furniture had seen better days but we managed to overlook this and enjoy our holiday. The staff at the front desk were accommodating and friendly.

• Liked — Pool and location
  • Disliked — Rooms are bit tired
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank DiscoStewPerth
Auckland
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I booked this hotel over the internet on the stella website after seeing the great pool area and look of the hotel.
I was 17 when on this trip and was accompanied by my best friend and her older brother.
When booking the 2 bedroom apartment I made the request of an early arrival only to fine when I arrived at 10.00 am this hadn't been put through and I was told to leave my luggage in the back room and come back at 2.00pm, once back they told us to get our luggage and take it to our rooms, they gave us a room just above reception and on the second floor, with no help to carry our suitcases. Once inside we were exhusted from wasting a day waiting for our room.

The furniture was old cain furniture that was uncomfortable and although they were large rooms they were bare.

Another negitive was there were a lot of young girls at reception and when we would go to ask for anything they would look us up and down and make us feel totally uncomfortable.

They only positive of this hotel was the great pools, the warm one was over crouded but the cold one was always nice and empty and relaxing.
Dont even attempt to get into the spa unless you want to be surrounded by splashing children from 4-30.

• Liked — Pool when there wasnt too much chlorine.
  • Disliked — Too much
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank BananaLana
Canberra
Reviewed October 2, 2008

This was the resort I really wanted to stay in during our recent roadtrip from Canberra to Noosa with our 3 children aged 9, 3 and 17 months. We stayed for 3 nights and when we arrived I was SO disappointed to have been allocated a 2nd floor apartment (8 flights of stairs from the underground carpark), despite requesting a ground floor apartment as we had young children and I am 8 months pregnant! It was a 3bdrm apartment and was 2 storeys inside which then meant MORE stairs to climb as well as constantly having to supervise our 17m.o. to ensure she didn't fall down them. We also had 3 balconies which we had to keep locked which completely defeated the purpose of staying in low-rise accommodation! My husband requested another room and the lady at reception said she would look into it and call our mobile, but we never heard back from her during our stay!

On top of all this, the apartment was so old and dirty. The furniture looked like it had never been cleaned or replaced since it was built, the doors were breaking off their hinges and didn't close properly, the kitchen sink had brown stains all over it, the benches and tables were dirty and the carpet was putrid. They only supplied 1 roll of toilet paper in each toilet and you needed to supply your own when it ran out!! The outdoor setting was a cheap plastic setting and was so dirty we would have needed to give it a good clean (if we decided to sit out there and risk the kids climbing over the balcony). The single beds were worn out and flat, the main bedroom upstairs was huge and looked silly with the only furniture being the bed and bedside tables with long extension cords running about the place and a side table with a tiny TV on it.

The heated pool was the only great feature of the resort, and the gardens were lovely too. I would definitely not stay at this resort again or recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — The heated pool
  • Disliked — dirty and old accommodation, poor service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank bignose066
Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2008

After trying so many times to get a place to stay at this resort we finally did.
I was VERy disappointed as it was not at all like the rooms you see on the websites.
The 2 bedroom we stayed in was dirty,had old beds,bed covers felt and smelt horrible,door knobs and taps kept falling off and the dishwasher kept leaking.
I did complain to reception about the falling door knobs and taps but they only fixed the ones we complained about.As soon as they were fixed the others would fall off.
Another thing I found annoying was the fact that you can only check in after 2pm and yet the cleaners hadn't finished cleaning.Why do they make you leave at 10 am then?
Like I said I was totally disappointed with this 4 star resort as I have always wanted to desperately to stay here and it was not up to scratch as far as I'm concerned.
And for the price they charge to stay there you expect it to be at least clean and all things working properly.
I would definately NOT recommend this resort to my friends or family.If they do decide to book there they should make sure they see pictures of the room first.
I will say though that the swimming area is magnificent.

• Liked — Pool area
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank TeeZee40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#4 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
Mantra Sierra Grand
Mantra Sierra Grand
#7 of 21 in Broadbeach

Been to BreakFree Diamond Beach? Share your experiences!