“loved it!”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Waikato
“loved it!”
Reviewed October 30, 2008

When I first booked at Diamond Beach via phone I was told that the resort apartments are better than the privately owned and that they had maintenance employees at the resort if required, the privatley owned apartments did not have this service.

I had read the reviews on this website after I had booked the accomodation and was a little apprehensive. I contacted the office and requested a 3 bedroom refurbished apartment. They were very helpful and obliged. The only thing that we were disappointed with on arrival was that we had two families and we had requested the apartment to have a configuration of two double beds. The apartment was clean and spacious.

One week prior to our family travelling I looked at the hotels website and noticed that the room rate had dropped dramaticaly to what I had booked. I contacted them again and they were only to happy to reduce the tarriff to the going rate.

Our family had a great time, the pool area was kept really clean, the barbecue area was always cleaned overnight and spotless in the morning. Our family would definitely use Diamond Beach again. We have great photos and great memories.

Stayed August 2008
3 Thank deray0606

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Perth
Reviewed October 21, 2008

I read all of the reviews for the resort before we stayed there in October 2008. There seemed to be quite a mix of reviews so we weren’t sure of what to expect. When we arrived the room smelled quite musty and we had trouble opening the front door because the carpet under the door had lifted. We aired out the room and the musty smell seemed to go away (either that or we got used to it). The door / carpet problem was fixed in the afternoon by the onsite maintenance man. We tracked down the musty smell to a wardrobe that backed on to one of the bathrooms. The shower had been leaking onto the carpet in the wardrobe. The carpet was quickly removed by maintenance and the shower was resealed. The smell died down for the rest of our 7-day stay.

I think that the mix of reviews for the resort is due to the apartments all being individually owned. It is therefore the individual owners who fit out the apartments. Some are well appointed with new furniture whilst others aren’t as new.

Overall the 2-bedroom apartment we had was very functional with all the things you need to be comfortable (dishwasher, microwave, dryer, washing machine and limited cable TV). The complex is close to Pacific Fair Shopping Centre and the cafes / restaurants near Broadbeach Mall. The pool area was great for kids and adults alike.

Sure the apartment was a little old and the furniture had seen better days but we managed to overlook this and enjoy our holiday. The staff at the front desk were accommodating and friendly.

• Liked — Pool and location
  • Disliked — Rooms are bit tired
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank DiscoStewPerth
Auckland
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I booked this hotel over the internet on the stella website after seeing the great pool area and look of the hotel.
I was 17 when on this trip and was accompanied by my best friend and her older brother.
When booking the 2 bedroom apartment I made the request of an early arrival only to fine when I arrived at 10.00 am this hadn't been put through and I was told to leave my luggage in the back room and come back at 2.00pm, once back they told us to get our luggage and take it to our rooms, they gave us a room just above reception and on the second floor, with no help to carry our suitcases. Once inside we were exhusted from wasting a day waiting for our room.

The furniture was old cain furniture that was uncomfortable and although they were large rooms they were bare.

Another negitive was there were a lot of young girls at reception and when we would go to ask for anything they would look us up and down and make us feel totally uncomfortable.

They only positive of this hotel was the great pools, the warm one was over crouded but the cold one was always nice and empty and relaxing.
Dont even attempt to get into the spa unless you want to be surrounded by splashing children from 4-30.

• Liked — Pool when there wasnt too much chlorine.
  • Disliked — Too much
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank BananaLana
Canberra
Reviewed October 2, 2008

This was the resort I really wanted to stay in during our recent roadtrip from Canberra to Noosa with our 3 children aged 9, 3 and 17 months. We stayed for 3 nights and when we arrived I was SO disappointed to have been allocated a 2nd floor apartment (8 flights of stairs from the underground carpark), despite requesting a ground floor apartment as we had young children and I am 8 months pregnant! It was a 3bdrm apartment and was 2 storeys inside which then meant MORE stairs to climb as well as constantly having to supervise our 17m.o. to ensure she didn't fall down them. We also had 3 balconies which we had to keep locked which completely defeated the purpose of staying in low-rise accommodation! My husband requested another room and the lady at reception said she would look into it and call our mobile, but we never heard back from her during our stay!

On top of all this, the apartment was so old and dirty. The furniture looked like it had never been cleaned or replaced since it was built, the doors were breaking off their hinges and didn't close properly, the kitchen sink had brown stains all over it, the benches and tables were dirty and the carpet was putrid. They only supplied 1 roll of toilet paper in each toilet and you needed to supply your own when it ran out!! The outdoor setting was a cheap plastic setting and was so dirty we would have needed to give it a good clean (if we decided to sit out there and risk the kids climbing over the balcony). The single beds were worn out and flat, the main bedroom upstairs was huge and looked silly with the only furniture being the bed and bedside tables with long extension cords running about the place and a side table with a tiny TV on it.

The heated pool was the only great feature of the resort, and the gardens were lovely too. I would definitely not stay at this resort again or recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — The heated pool
  • Disliked — dirty and old accommodation, poor service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank bignose066
Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2008

After trying so many times to get a place to stay at this resort we finally did.
I was VERy disappointed as it was not at all like the rooms you see on the websites.
The 2 bedroom we stayed in was dirty,had old beds,bed covers felt and smelt horrible,door knobs and taps kept falling off and the dishwasher kept leaking.
I did complain to reception about the falling door knobs and taps but they only fixed the ones we complained about.As soon as they were fixed the others would fall off.
Another thing I found annoying was the fact that you can only check in after 2pm and yet the cleaners hadn't finished cleaning.Why do they make you leave at 10 am then?
Like I said I was totally disappointed with this 4 star resort as I have always wanted to desperately to stay here and it was not up to scratch as far as I'm concerned.
And for the price they charge to stay there you expect it to be at least clean and all things working properly.
I would definately NOT recommend this resort to my friends or family.If they do decide to book there they should make sure they see pictures of the room first.
I will say though that the swimming area is magnificent.

• Liked — Pool area
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank TeeZee40
Auckland
Reviewed July 11, 2008

We stayed at the resort for 8 nights. We're a family of 5 including 3 kids aged between 6 and 10. We had a 3 bedroom apartment. The plus was the large size - one level had kitchen, living, dining, bathroom and 2 bedrooms, with the main bedroom and 2nd bathroom on the next level. The negatives were the 3 flights of stairs to get to the apartment and the age of the apartment. (A lovely tribute to the 80's with peach coloured bathroom suites). Overall it the cleaniless was fairly average.

The walls in the bathrooms and main bedroom were dirty, and the bathrooms in general showed their age (discoloured tiles and grout etc). Staff were efficient but not overly friendly. The first morning plugging in the toaster blew a fuse so half the lights/power points went out. But the toaster was replaced that day no problem at all, as were a couple of light bulbs that blew a couple of days later. Although it was very spacious attention to detail was absent. There was a huge dressing room upstairs but no chest of draws for storage. Likewise there was no where to hang up towels in the bathrooms. The beds were comfortable and the bedding clean. As we stayed 8 nights our room was serviced (towels and sheets replaced) on day 4 which was a pleasant surprise. If you stay for 7 nights or less then don't expect a service. What the resort does have going for it is the fantastic pool area and the location to the beach (2mins walk), Pacific Fair and Broadbeach shops (10mins walk). It is also handy to the Kurrawa Surf Club that do great meals. If we stay again I would make sure we got a refurbished apartment.

• Liked — Location, pool and spacious apartment
  • Disliked — age and condition of the apartment
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank kiwikids5
Torquay
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We have recently spent 6 days at Diamond Beach resort and we loved it. The accomodation was clean, neat and suitably contained tropical cane decor. The beds were very comfortable as were the furnishings,we had 2 balconies, 2 bedrooms, private court yard and 2 bathrooms, separate lounge and dining/kitchen areas. The resort seemed to be 1/3 full and it was very private and quiet. The pools are amazing and very large, we went early each morning to enjoy the hot outdoor spa and rock cave and to avoid the tweens that engulf the pool during the day. Fantastic location across from the beach and just down the road from Surfers Paradise. This is perfect accomodation for young famillies. Our only complaint would be that my little 5 year old and I got conjunctivitis which we "think" we may have got from the spa & rockpool. Overall we had a great time.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank longmv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,609 reviews
Oceana on Broadbeach
Oceana on Broadbeach
#5 of 21 in Broadbeach

Been to BreakFree Diamond Beach? Share your experiences!