“Fantastic Time!”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
New Zealand
“Fantastic Time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place was amazing, the staff were very friendly, especially the lovely lady behind the desk (Anna I think), she was very helpful in booking us things to do (with discounts), telling us bus times and what different places were like. The grounds are amazing as well, its like staying in the middle of the bush but only being 70 odd meters from the beach. The Pools massive and well gated. We were there on Honeymoon but I would hesitate to take our kids there, and fully intend on doing so. Located close to everything, including Dracula's (which is a MUST see). Rooms are tidy and pretty well maintained, and the facilities are fantastic for keeping the cost of eating on holiday down as you can make you own as everything you need is there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RebeccaNoyes, General Manager at BreakFree Diamond Beach, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Amy P,

Thank you so much for your ‘amazing’ review and congratulations on your recent wedding! We are so honoured for you to have spent your honeymoon holidaying with us and so happy to read that it didn’t disappoint.

I must agree, the tropical landscaping and quiet ambiance throughout the resort gives the feeling that you are somewhere remote, not situated in the central Broadbeach area.

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our Receptionist, Anna. Anna is an outstanding member of our team and is passionate about ensuring that each and every one of our guests has a wonderful holiday with us.

Congratulations again on your recent wedding and we look forward to welcoming you and the kids on your next holiday to the Gold Coast.

Rebecca Noyes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

When I opened the door of our room I felt really disappointed. The decor was hideous. A two seater cane couch and two single chairs with 80's fabric, ugly as sin. Big dings on the walls that hadn't been patched and paint coming off the walls. The shower door was all rusty and had mildew in all the corners. The shower door didn't close properly.The shower kept dripping. The beds were so uncomfortable I really couldn't sleep. The springs felt like they were digging into my back, in fact we asked to have a change of room due to the beds. We did get a room change eventually but only after my husband rose his voice a bit and told them how disgusted he was. The second room was slightly better decor as far as the couch was concerned, at least I could sleep on that as I could hardly sleep on the bed because it wasvjust as badas the first place. The excuse that we got is that the appartments are all individually owned but I would have thought that there would need to be some kind of level of acceptability. Im not sure what all the other rooms are like but if ours was anything to go by i'd say they are the same. I would not recommend this place for the accommodation as it is unkept, the places just aren't maintained. It cost us $1000.00 for 7 nights which I thought was reasonable before arriving but after seeing the state of the rooms I think that is overcharging. They are very old ugly and basic. The decor is at least 20 years old and it doesn't look like anything has been done since. Overall we are very disappointed and can't wait to get home to our comfortable bed which is really sad considering this is our first overseas family holiday with our girls and has taken over a year to save up for. Grotty grotty grotty!

Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Michelleg71
Dear Michelleg71,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at BreakFree Diamond Beach Resort.

I was concerned to read of the cleaning and maintenance issues you encountered whilst staying with us and do formally apologise for any inconvenience caused. This is certainly not an acceptable standard and once again I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The resort is going through a process of refurbishment with many units recently upgraded and many apartments due to be completed in the near future. For our units that have not been recently refurbished they still should be well appointed and in good working order and this appears to have not been provided to you from your review.

We do understand how important family holidays are and it is so very disappointing that you felt your girls first holiday away was not well enjoyed.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

This resort unfortunately, was old and tired. The rooms as other people have mentioned needed major overhauling.
We stayed in 2 rooms for the 10 nights we were there. A 3 bedroom while my mother travelled with us. There was some mould around the bathrooms & the downstairs shower door was totally off its runners. Cupboard doors did not shut properly & the carpet did look grotty. There was a DVD player, but it didn't have a connection plug.
The second room was much the same. The mattresses in the second room were terrible. In fact we ended up rotating them ourselves just to try & get a better sleep! Windows didn't open & sliding door to the balcony was broken.
It is a shame as maintenance does not appear to be high on the agenda.
We had terrible weather when we were there in Feb, which meant that we spent more time in the room than most probably would.
I have to mention the amazing pool & outdoor area though. My kids & hubby would have spent 12hrs a day in the pools if i let them. The outdoor bbq's were spotless.
If the rooms were renovated & new mattresses, I would definitely stay here again for the pool alone... BUT not until that was done.
A comfortable 10 min walk into the Broadbeach mall or to Pacific Fair.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear FromMelbourne C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay at our resort. It is concerning to read of your overall disappointment in the accommodation provided and I wish to offer my apologies for this.

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding the facilities of the resort. I am so pleased that this assisted in providing some joy to your husband and children in the poor weather experienced throughout your stay.

We have a full maintenance team on site to provide support to our guests and I was concerned by the number of maintenance issues encountered which should have been attended to as part of the unit arrival check completed before check-in. I wish to offer our apologies that the unit was not as you had hoped it would be and thank you for providing this constructive feedback.

With the refurbishment of many units completed and a number underway we do hope that you will give us another chance on your next holiday to the Gold Coast.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I wish I could write a nice review for this hotel but was not impressed at all with what was on offer. We stayed here last week and although I had requested a renovated room (based on advice from previous reviews on trip advisor) when I booked over 6mths ago, we were told none were available. The 2 bed apt we were were assigned for 3 days was filthy, mould on the curtains, half the lights didn't even work. Mould in both bathrooms especially shower recess. The decor looked like something from the 70's it was so old. The carpet full of stains, I dread to think what of. One of the cupboards in the walk in robe had come off and placed on top of the drawer so maintenance isn't a priority. The lounges were disgusting and we couldn't even sit on them to watch TV as the cushion support had long departed. We watched TV from the dining chairs as opposed to sitting on the grotty carpet. We were even afraid to walk around with no shoes. No air con (who doesn't have A/C?) only ceiling fans. Thankfully we had busy days as we were not looking forward to going back to our room! My advice - pay extra and stay somewhere much nicer and cleaner. Do not ruin your holiday by staying here. This was the next step up from a caravan park and in no way would I ever recommend this to family & friends, even strangers for that matter. Breakfree, you are a major disappointment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Cinqa
Dear Cinqa,

I was extremely disappointed to read your review on your stay with us at Diamond Beach. I was shocked to read of the standard you found the apartment in and can provide full assurance this is not our normal acceptable standard.

I am disappointed to not have had the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your concerns. Due to the private nature of Trip Advisor I am unable to obtain your details to contact you. I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly to Rebecca.noyes@breakfree.com.au if you would like to further discuss concerns outlined in your review.

Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We visit the Gold Coast almost every year since my kids were really young, over the last 20 years. We have stayed in so many resorts and apartments along the coast and since coming across diamond beach a few years back we never stay anywhere else. We now take my eldest sons children who have the most amazing time swimming around in the largest pool I have ever seen! The whole yard is one large pool with lots of different areas for your own privacy and shallow spots for younger children. Great facilities all round with two outdoor spas and plenty of space for families to enjoy BBQ's. Some rooms might be a little older styled than others but that is normal for apartment blacks on the gold coast as they are privately owned. Daily my daughter in laws and I will walk the beach which is a 2 min walk from the front of Diamond Beach and as a family at night we can walk to local restaurants, playgrounds and Ice cream shops. No taxi's or bus's. If you like to shop Pacific Fair is also walking distance just being across the road. Extremely friendly staff who are always more than helpful. Can't wait for next years holiday!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Coast T,

Thank you for your lovely review on our resort. It is always so wonderful to hear from guests who have stayed time and time again having had wonderful holidays with us. We appreciate your sharing your holiday experience and providing advice on local area attractions. The central locality of our resort provides access to beaches, parks, shopping, dining, and shows all within minutes walk from the resort.

I am so pleased that the resort facilities cater perfectly for your family’s needs. You are certainly correct, the large expansive layout of our lagoon pools provide privacy to relax and unwind or areas for our younger travellers to splash and play.

I am thrilled to hear that you are already looking forward to your next holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back for another great holiday with us.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just got back from another stay here. The service of the staff is outstanding each and every time, nothing has never been too much of a trouble. It's also perfectly located within walking distance to the beach and shops.

Always my first choice when visiting the GC...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BStar72,

I am delighted to hear you have experienced yet another great holiday with us here at Diamond Beach.

It is very reassuring to hear from return guests who have had wonderful holidays with us and it sounds like your last stay was no exception.

Thank you for your kind comment regarding the outstanding service you received from our team, I will be sure to share this with them.

Thank you for allowing us to be your first choice when staying on the Gold Coast.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We just returned home from 12 nights at this resort and were not impressed from the minute we arrived. We booked a 3 bdr appt with out 4 small children and paid over $2300. Our appt (no. 2) was in no way anything like the pictures on the net. The furnishings would have easily been over 20 years old and the whole unit was grotty and grimey. Upon arrival we noticed the upstairs balcony secutiy lock was brocken so had to keep glass sliding door locked for safety of our kids resulting in no air coming in, of 4 hotplates, only 2 small ones worked, fans in bathroom broken, kitchen flick mixer not even attached to sink (just holding on by inside coil), ironing board was just the metal board, with cotton cover (no padding at all underneath), but the best suprise by far was the dirty mens underpants left in the kids room. We were disgusted and completely unhappy with the room and asked to be moved but were told no other rooms available despite being end of Feb and hardly anyone walking around resort. Were also told that rooms are individually owned and all vary. If this is the case, the rates should reflect this so people know what they are getting. When we complained, only the security door and flickmixer were fixed in the whole two weeks we were there and I'm sure the rest of the problems will await the next sucker. By no means was this appt even 2 stars.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Milli R
Dear Milli R,

It was very disappointing to read that you were not satisfied with your stay. Please be aware that we are currently in the process of refreshing out resort to which a number of units are undergoing room refurbishments.

It was alarming to read of your overall dissatisfaction with your unit allocation and I can confirm that your valuable feedback will shared with our team to improve the standards provided.

I would like to apologise again most sincerely for your disappointment and that your stay with us was not what you had hoped it would be

Rebecca Noyes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,575 reviews
Oceana on Broadbeach
Oceana on Broadbeach
#5 of 21 in Broadbeach

Been to BreakFree Diamond Beach? Share your experiences!