“Fantastic Indian” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ashiana Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Ashiana Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is just lovely Indian. We got takeout in early Jan. We ordered as entrees Tandoori Chicken (lovely) and Barra Kebab (beautiful meltingly tender lamb cutlets). For mains we had Chicken Korma and a great Bhuna Gosht which is slow cooked lamb and gorgeous. We also had a Kashmiri Pilau, Yellow rice, different Naan breads and a kids' size Mango Chicken and rice. It was $80 worth of food, and the chef threw in poppadoms, the best raita, and mint yoghurt which was much appreciated. We totally over-catered, this was enough food for probably 4-5 adults plus child! It took 20mins, but that was no problem.
Very close to the Meriton Apartments - 2 mins walk. I highly recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank weekendhopper

Melbourne
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm glad I dined her.

I never have high expectations of Gold Coast restaurants on the highway but I must say the food was very nice. Undercover parking beneath the restaurant was convenient and the big, high ceilings and interior decorating was very pleasant.

Can't fault the food (Chicken Tikka & Samosas, Palak Paneer & Beef Vindaloo) were very nice.

BYO was convenient and they are also licenced.

Food was cooked and served extremely quickly and service was very prompt.

I would definitely dine here again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ladycatrin
“A forgotten jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I ate here early on New Year's Eve with the family so we could catch the 8pm fireworks on the beach. Great food and great service. The place was empty which I think is a crime. The previous night we ate at Mario's where the service was appaling. This place deserves to be twice as busy as Mario's. But I guess McDonalds is always busy too. It's good news however for anyone who wants good food in an appealing venue with great service at a fair price (as opposed to Mario's). If you only have a couple of nights in Broadbeach make sure you make the effort to come here.

1 Thank BrettLT
“Best Indian on the Gold Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

The food is amazing. I learnt that the chef is the owner and the service was very friendly. Highly recommend. We have now become regular customers

1 Thank NickandLysette
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly staff and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Went here for some takeaway indian, everything is cooked fresh so takes 20-25 mins but is worth the wait. Their menu is online and they deliver but if you pickup they give you 10% off. Try the bhuna gosht, best slow cooked lamb i've had in a long time. I'll be going back for more next trip to the Gold Coast!

1 Thank Sticksi