“Simply cannot be beaten!”

ULTIQA Beach Haven on Broadbeach
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Broadbeach
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've not yet completed my stay and am already eager to have known that this has to be simply the best accommodation I have ever encountered. The staff treat their roles as more than mere jobs, they obviously care about what they do. My husband, son and I are staying 5 nights in a renovated ocean view room on the fourth floor. I am rather picky and perhaps even a tad paranoid regarding cleanliness when it comes to accommodation. I wish my own home was this spotless and beautifully furnished! I will not even bother looking anywhere else next time I visit. Beach Haven is very hard to beat.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family and I have come here for some time now and we all love it. We stayed in unit 13B (a fab renovated apartment) and the views of Kurruwa Beach and Surfers Paradise blew us away. The location of the building is amazing, a two minute walk down Albert Avenue and you're at the shops! I highly reccomend Beach Haven to anyone who wants a fabulous stay at the GC.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We just came home from Beach Haven yesterday and had a pleasurable time there. We stayed in room 32H which was a fully renovated room that had fantastic views!. It was a very modern clean room one of the better rooms at Beach Haven. Both the indoor and out door pools were good had no complaints. The BBQ area was very clean, you had to book the BBQ which I thought it was a good idea. Although you had to pay $10 to play tennis which I thought was a bit ridiculous considering that your paying to stay there but anyway......

The staff were ok, location was great, they do not supply toilet paper once all used, they provide fresh towels each day, had visitors parking which was good. They gave us the standard letter on the second last day which said that we could extend our check out by paying $50 but when I wanted to take them up on their offer they said sorry we are all booked??? No attention to detail.

All I can say about Beach Haven is be very careful about which room you book, apparently not all of the ocean view rooms have been renovated so they are really old and pretty bad. Only the superior rooms have been renovated and only partially. I would call to discuss the rooms prior to booking. If you are fussy with your accommodation and cannot be guaranteed a renovated room perhaps look elsewhere.

Room Tip: call them to discuss the room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary F
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed for 4 days in July.
Our apartment was completely substandard to say the least.
It had not been touched since the 80's-carpet lumpy brown and peeling off the floor, couch covers loose and shabby and a kitchen and bathroom severely in need of renovating.
This certainly did not match pictures of the same standard room on their website.
The children's pool was also closed for renovation - no warning of this, an over chlorinated indoor pool that I found unusable because of the smell.
Admittedly after 2nd approach to management regarding our concerns they allowed us to change rooms- however still had to spend 2 nights in an apartment that I would never like to see again.
Apparently the apartments are privately owned so this is a risky prospect in busy times-someone has to be relegated to the second rate rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Rudy0001974
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This Hotel was simply perfect for what we wanted as a family of 5.The location was perfect for our needs. Beach Haven is a very short walk to supermarkets, Casino, lots of eating places and coffee shops. We found Management ,Matt and Georgie and their staff very helpful with anything we wanted or inquired about was attended to with a smile and easy to please attitude(Even with car rentals as we went in school holidays and didn't book a car until we arrived,Spoke to 3 different rental places and all booked out,Left my dilemma with Matt and presto, car for us within 24 hrs,)The whole hotel complex was clean and well presented, To have a choice of 3 pools was terrific, so for us with the weather on the cooler side , the heated indoor pool and spa was the best . We had a 2 bedroom Superior Apartment with a roll out bed for the 3rd child (Floor 17 Apartment 17c was simply the best. I requested a refurbished Apartment with ocean and Surfers views, a nice big TV for Foxtel viewing and a large comfortable lounge suite to chill out on at night. Got the lot as promised Stunning views and the modern, clean and most comfortable apartment was the best. There is an undercover security car park that gave us peace of mind for the hire car as well at no extra cost to us. On the whole it was a pleasure to stay here and it was a pleasure to arrive and be happy with all the things that Management promised us before hand when booking , Thanks again Beach Haven ,well be back .......

Room Tip: Communicate well and you get Gr8 results
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank A P
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed here on the 26th floor in an apartment that looked out over the ocean - the views were incredible to say the least. Great for families and just a two minute walk to the beach and shops so you have everything you need right on your doorstep. Tennis courts and swimming pools were both in good condition as well. Liked it so much we're staying there again on holidays in October.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank fueledbyclare
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here for a conference and chose this hotel as I booked late and everything else had been booked out. I was allocated a room on a floor that was being refurbished. The corridor had been stripped of carpet and wallpaper and was being painted - had to walk around the painters and wet paint. Fortunately I was out during the day so their work noise wasn't an issue.

Unfortunately reception gave me an old-style key while the room had an upgraded lock that needed a card. Fortunately the painters were able to tell me that I had to go back to reception to get a card - this happened to everyone on this floor. Being a new system it took a while for reception to prepare my card. However I found service at reception was often slow.

The apartment I stayed in was very old and dated but a good size and adequately equipped.
The kitchen had many cockroaches in it, would often see them in the evening. Maybe this was due to garbage disposal unit not working.

Entry to the car park requires driving on the wrong side of the driveway in order to open the door. I saw a few drivers get confused. The proximity to the beach and ventilation means that despite parking underground, your car will still get coated by salt spray. Bring a car cover if this is a concern.

The hotel is close to the beach; so better suited for holidays than for conference attendees.

Hopefully the refurbished rooms are better, however I do not have good memories as I ended up breaking my foot during my stay (nothing to do with the hotel).

Room Tip: Try to get a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank tropicalpenguin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
#7 of 7 in Broadbeach
Peppers Soul
Peppers Soul
#1 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to ULTIQA Beach Haven on Broadbeach? Share your experiences!