“Excellent accommodation and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast

Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Buderim, Australia
“Excellent accommodation and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Having just spent two nights on the 18th floor in the Executive Rooms area, we could not fault the service received in that area. Lovely white bed linen and fluffy white towels; clean and comfortable room with good supply of toiletries and facilities.
The service and refreshments in the Executive lounge faultless.
This IS a noisy hotel due to music and entertainment ongoing in the evenings. However, It is what it is: a bustling busy Casino. It is not the place to stay in for a quiet break: it is vibrant and interesting with various and good dining outlets, a great pool complex, interesting boutiques, beauty shop, busy public areas and a well run Casino: overall great facilities.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool would be somewhat quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JupitersManager11, Manager at Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear marigoldKent,

Thank you for choosing to visit Jupiters Hotel and Casino Gold Coast and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding the positive aspects of your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that your time with us was enjoyable and please be assured that your feedback regarding the service you received from our Executive Lounge Team has been forwarded to their manager to be recognised on your behalf.

We are committed to offering the highest standards of service and we believe feedback is the most important way to identify it.

Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed at Jupiters as we were attending a birthday function at Dracula's Theatre Restaurant which is just next door. We got an executive room on the 18th floor. I don't really have a great deal to complain about but neither do I have any praises. The private executive lounge was a nice touch but its breakfast was quite limited. The rooms were nothing special and I was amazed to see that bath robes cost extra. Service was OK but I was shocked when we first arrived to see a queue of over a dozen people trying to check in. Thank goodness there was a separate section for the executive rooms. The pool would be great for families with children as would the dinning options.

Room Tip: Although there is a premium the executive rooms do enjoy their own lounge with nibble food and a sep...
Dear zzrbell,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Jupiters Hotel & Casino.

It was great to read you enjoyed your time with us and please accept my apologies if there was a delay on check in, the hotel has been very busy with the recent school holidays and glorious Gold Coast weather creating the perfect environment for a quick getaway.

Again accept my apologies for where we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion, your feedback has been passed onto the respective managers for foolow up.

Thank you again for staying with us and posting a review of your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Coolangatta, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Jupiters on Friday night to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. It was also our first night away together without children in 7 years (which we told staff at check in).

We were very happy until we decided to retire to our room at 10:30pm. We were astounded by the noise coming from the bar downstairs. The music was incredibly loud, and the thumping of the bass was unbelievable. I lay in bed listening to it for a couple of hours, but at 12:30pm I finally reached my limit and rang reception to ask when the music would be stopping. The response was “oh, can you hear that in your room? I will ring the bar and ask them to turn it down”.

The music did not get turned down and did not stop until 2:04 am. I understand that the casino is designed to be 24 hours, hence there will be bars and music. However, I did not think they would be inside my 5 star hotel room!

Upon check out, I mentioned to the reception supervisor that I was very dissatisfied with the noise and had made a complaint in the night. His response was “Didn’t the reception staff offer another room? Oh I am very sorry that they didn’t, we had other rooms available last night that they should have offered you”.

I find these responses from staff, although they were very polite, both inadequate and impersonal. Judging by the number of complaints on tripadvisor about the noise (dating back to 2012), there is no doubt in my mind that staff are aware that some of the rooms are noise affected on a Friday night. Also it is not rocket science. Our room was located directly above the bar, so of course it was going to be noisy. If they know this, then I am left wondering why did they book us into this room if they had other rooms available?

I am sure that I am going to receive the standard management response along the lines of: Sorry you were disappointed, thanks for your feedback, we will pass it on, it helps us work out weaknesses etc. These complaints date back to 2012, so why is this still a weakness?

I am devastated because if we had just been informed at check in about the noise we would have happily paid for an upgrade to a more quiet room. This night was incredibly important to us and was spoiled. To add insult to injury we were offered ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from the casino for the inconvenience.

Room Tip: Ask staff for a room that doesnt have noise until 2am
2 Thank Renee W
JupitersManager33, Hotel Assistant Manager at Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Renee W,

I was disheartened to read that your stay was spoiled by apparent noise disruption from the Atrium Bar and please accept our apologies for this occasion.

If you would like to discuss further I would be more than happy to listen to your concerns. Please feel free to contact me on melissa.deeth@echoent.com.au and we can arrange a suitable time to talk.

I also wanted to let you know that I have discussed your feedback with our Hotel Manager who also wanted me to pass on his apology and please rest assured that your file has been updated in our computer system with your preferred choice of a quiet room for all future stays with us.

Melissa Deeth
Sirmione
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We wanted 4 days in the sun, access to a beach, pool, gym and good restaurants and were prepared to put up with some casino tackiness to get it. The corner room we booked was good with pleasant views from the balcony, the bed was very comfortable and the room lighting almost adequate. The pool and the gym were as advertised, the monorail was not working and the distance to the beach was a problem for one of us. The food experience varied from horrible sandwiches in the food outlet in the casino, disappointing Chinese food in Zen, good salads in Spinners to excellent Italian in Vivo and outstanding breakfasts in Food Fantasy. We did not join the lines to get into the buffet at Food Fantasy but the locals and guests obviously found it good.
The staff, without exception was courteous, efficient and helpful. Tackiness was almost absent but I could have done without the “music” in the public areas at times.

Room Tip: Corner rooms or rooms with a view of the hinterland would be my choice.
1 Thank DFP_13
Dear DFP_13,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful Gold Coast views from your corner balcony room and that our team was able to ensure that you had an enjoyable stay. Please accept my apologies for the monorail being out of service, unfortunately this is owned and operated by the Oasis Shopping Centre and the maintenance is taking a little longer than anticipated.

I have passed your feedback regarding our food and beverage outlets onto our food and beverage manager for his review

Perth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We booked this hotel thinking it would be awesome, it was very clean, friendly, however the rooms have paper thin walls, you can here the next door neighbours talking, laughing, which at 3am is a little annoying, views were good, and the room was spacious.

Room Tip: We had a good view over the river, room spacious on the 10th floor. The only down fall was the noise...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Perthfunmum,

Thank you for choosing to visit Jupiters Hotel and Casino Gold Coast and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit.

Apologises that you could hear your neighbours until the early hours of the morning, unfortunately this is something out of our control. In future, please do not hesitate to contact reception and we can ensure that the noises are kept to a minimum as the comfort of all our guests is our number 1 priority.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jupiters on your next visit.

Melissa Deeth
Toowoomba, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Can I start by saying the valet parking gentlemen were a lovely point of first contact and could not be more helpful. We took the opportunity to secure parking at an additional cost and I think worth the extra dollars. Reception was uninviting. I secured a king room at time of booking but this was not available upon our arrival (after 2.00pm) aInd was advised they were finishing cleaning the room and should be available "soon" with no guarantees of any time frame. I eventually paid an additional $20 to secure a king room straight away (long time to Gold Coast) which did not start the stay well. Rooms are ok - nothing special or outstanding. We went to the Casino which was overpriced but had a lovely quick dinner which was served quickly and very nice. My card to access floor via lift did not always work which was frustrating and the check out was slow and did not encourage me to return in a hurry. Overall with the choice of accommodation on the Gold Coast available I would not hurry back to Jupiters.

Dear Michelle M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit to Jupiters. I was concerned to hear of the issues that you experienced upon arrival and during your stay with us and I sincerely apologise for your unsatisfactory experience. I have forwarded your comments through to the respective managers for review and consideration.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon and above all meeting your expectations and restoring your faith

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed one night to finish off our short Easter holiday in Broadbeach. We requested king smoking room but when we arrived around 10am in the morning, the staff advised that only twin room is available. We didn't mind and we took it. The staff said they will text me when room is ready. We dropped off our luggage at concierge and went out to have late breakfast. Very friendly service.

After an hour while we're having late breakfast, we've got a text that our room is ready! When we entered the room, the view was great, but the room itself was horrible. It looks like 3 star motel, very very old and dusty furniture and the only lighting was maybe 100 years old standing ramp and side ramp.. But strangely, the very old motel room has 50" Samsung smart TV (?..) The bed was comfortable but very old bedhead has some stains, which was not nice. The bathroom was clean but very small with shower curtain..The room looked very different from photos that I saw in tripadvisor and I think it seems that we've got one of the non-refurbished room..(room#2031) very disappointing..

They do have several restaurants and Food Fantasy seafood buffet was beyond my expectation. Lots of fresh food to choose from for $57. I probably tried just one-third of food there.. We also had breakfast and it was nice, but Seafood buffet was the best value! We spent some nice time at the casino and disco club, and the cocktail that bar tender made for me with less alcohol was great.

Yes, I wouldn't doubt this is 5 star hotel. Staff are friendly and has a lot of facilities (even small news agency in the lobby) but the room was definitely 3 stars (without view, maybe less than that..). It if was non-refurbished room, they should have advertised the room as a 'standard room' with less room rate.

Secondly, even though I really enjoyed Food Fantasy restaurant, waiting in line for more than 30mins is not nice, it's far from 5 star standard. At mealtime, lobby looks so messy with lots of hotel guests, casual visitors, group tourists waiting in line.

Lastly, I was expecting some small complimentary item such as drink voucher or discount coupon for meals for hotel guests but none was offered. Maybe half of people in the hotel would be casual visitors who came to enjoy casino or restaurants, I felt like we're treated as other casual visitors and no special attention was given. No one asked you if you're hotel guest or what is your room number, even in the restaurant you should pay on the spot.

Will I go back to this hotel..? Yes, but rather than staying in the 3 start room paying $200 early bird rate, I will stay somewhere else and will come back to enjoy facilities,

Room Tip: Check if the room is refurbished otherwise you will get a motel room..
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JupitersManager33, Hotel Assistant Manager at Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear EunHee J,

Thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters Hotel & Casino.

Unfortunately we do not guarantee bedding configuration as it depends on availability on the day however, we do endeavour to fulfil guests’ requests where possible. I was happy to ready we were able to accommodate you with an earlier check in. I do apologise if you felt like the room had a ‘motel’ feel, you will be please to know that we are planning on a refurbishment of the entire property in the not too distant future.

It was great to read that you enjoyed the many facilities we have to offer. The restaurants have an abundance of offerings to cater for all and our Atrium Bar is a great place to unwind and have a couple of cocktails and a dance on the weekends with our live music and DJ.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Melissa DeethHotel Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
#6 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,132 reviews

Been to Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast? Share your experiences!