“Very Satisfied”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Fraser Coast
“Very Satisfied”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our mid-week stay was for just one night. We stayed on the 17th floor and our room was very comfortable - king-size bed with ocean views and very quiet. All staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Lovely reception team - especially Chris who assisted us on several occasions. Breakfast was great, and we would happily return - hopefully for a longer stay next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jupiters, Manager at The Star Gold Coast, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Harvey412

Thank you for providing such a positive review via Tripadvisor on your recent stay at Jupiters Hotel & Casino.

I was delighted to read that your time with us was very enjoyable and please be assured that your feedback provided on Chris has been forwarded to his Manager to be recognised on your behalf. We are very committed to offering the highest standards of service and we believe feedback is the most important way to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence and Customer experience.

Thank you for providing your feedback and we look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon.

Warm regards
Sales Manager Leisure

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Aussie in India
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The room and show packages are an absolute delight.
Saw Tap Dogs and had a great room Comfy bed, the biggest buffet I have seen for breakfast and late check out and you can slip down for a little flutter.. Felt like I was Kerry Packer. Now I know how the other half live.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LarryinIndia
Dear LarryinIndia

Thank you for choosing to visit Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding the positive aspects of your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that our high standards have been met and you enjoyed your overall experience with us.

Thank you for providing your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon.

Warm regards
Sales Manager Leisure
Lismore, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I decided to have a mid week break as we had to go to Brisbane last Friday for a business meeting. I picked up a fantastic deal at Jupiters Casino on the Thursday night on Wotif - room with king bed, full buffet breakfast and Tap Dogs (show) all for a total price of $219. The show was excellent - great entertainment and the blokes were not too sore on the eyes either! We had a meal in the Casino 'Pub' for less than $20 each and the room was perfect. What a great night out - highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear curiouslyrelaxed

Thank you for choosing to visit Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that your time with us was very enjoyable and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon.

Sydney
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Reception staff are very good, and the certainly make you feel very welcome, until you get to the room.

Very tired looking still with woodgrain from the 80's, air conditioning that was from the same era and more woodgrain to over the fridge door, huh? Had a corner room with balcony which I thought would be a great idea however it was just above the area the smokers use in the casino, so the noise on Friday and Saturday was unbeleivable. Having the car park across the other side with alarms going off didn't help either. Good breakfast included, plenty on offer including freshly made omelettes.

If I was back here fro another conference I woudl check out Meriton across the road or similar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear pizzaskase

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit to Jupiters.

Whilst it is disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, we believe it is the most important way to identify our strengths and weaknesses. Please be assured I have forwarded your comments onto the appropriate Managers for their review.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Brisbane
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Enjoyed weekend at Casio. Was wet weekend so had heaps to do. Good choice of food places and bars for quiet drink. Rooms OK. did not get to pool area, but enjoyed shop downstairs. Staff friendly. Would go back again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MMonty007

I was delighted to read that your time with us was very enjoyable, we are very committed to offering the highest standards of service and we believe feedback is the most important way to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence and Customer experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jupiters on your next visit.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have to stay we stayed here on a voucher deal, and it was brilliant, the club was good, they made a great effort with the kids (our own special spot just outside the club, the drinks very a bit disappointing - not the class of wines you would expect from a club, the view was great but the breakfast was also very basic. Our room was comfortable and clean, the housekeeping were great if we asked for something and the restaurants in the hotel are fantastic. over all a great stay - that is except for the lady who checks you in on the 18th floor - she was so horrible, rude and arrogant - we were told she is the head lady for that area - so very disappointing. All the other girls on the desk were great but this one was horrid. it was a topic of conversation among the guest each day regarding her behavior to us - glad we weren't alone. Would definitely recommend you book a club room if you are staying at this hotel. One more thing, the pool had so much scum and was so cloudy that we couldn't swim in it the three days we were there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lisa M

Thank you for visiting Jupiters and for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience via Tripadvisor.

I was disheartened to read that your stay was spoiled by a few specific areas and I sincerely apologise for your unsatisfactory experience. Whilst it is disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, we believe it is the most important way to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence. I have forwarded your comments through to the respective Managers for review consideration, thank you.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon.

Campbelltown NSW
Reviewed February 19, 2013

INTRODUCTION
My review will cover my stay at Jupiter's Casino and some of the issues we had getting there. My apologies for the ranting as it was a good holiday overall.

MAKING THE BOOKINGS
We found a great deal that included the flights and accommodation on the Gold Coast of Queensland Australia. We were flying from Sydney and looking forward to a rare trip away. I booked online after checking out Tripadvisor.com.au. I saw that Jupiter's Casino rated only 10th out of 22 local hotels (which isn't great but we are used to getting rooms without a view). The website said 'one free night' which I assumed if I booked three nights I would get the forth night free. Upon booking I only had the option to enter a 'start date'. After finalising the deal I saw the booking was for only three nights. I attempted to contact the travel agent on the paperwork (Discover Australia based in Western Australia). It was Sunday night and the recording said 'office hours are between 7 am and 5:30 pm Monday to Friday Western Australia time). They are
three hours behind Sydney so I waited until 10 am to call them. I kept getting the same message for another 30 minutes saying office hours are from 7 am (even though that time had passed). When I finally got through the woman said 'no', the one free night meant I was getting three nights for the price of two. I was not happy at this misleading website. Also being a cheap deal, my flights were at very inconvenient times. The flight out was at 5 pm (so that day is over) and flying back gave us a 7 am flight which meant we had to get up at 4 am to be at the airport 'check in' on time.

CAR HIRE
I decided to hire a car so I jumped back onto the same website and booked a car for the two full days we would be up there. After further recalculations I tried to change the car hire to cover us picking up from the airport and dropping off at the airport. I had the usual trouble contacting Discover Australia the next morning and eventually they changed my car hire booking to include the additional hours (at no extra cost).

ARRIVAL AT THE GOLD COAST
We arrived at the Gold Coast airport at 6:15 pm and I went to pick up our hire car. I was told that my car was booked for pick up at Brisbane Airport. I asked how far is that? the reply was 80 kilometers away!!! I said that was ridiculous and the Europcar people were helpful in finding me a car from the Gold Coast airport. I can only imagine I stuffed up when I made the booking but I have never flown to Brisbane/Gold Coast area before. I was angry that the Discover Australia travel agent hadn't picked up on this error. Europcar couldn't find any evidence of the change in my booking to cover pick up from the airport so I had to pay for two additional days as 6 pm pickup and 7 am drop off count as two FULL days additional usage (not happy).

TRAVEL TO JUPITER'S CASINO
Driving the 18 kilometers from the Gold Coast to Broadbeach took forever. The gold coast highway has traffic lights at every block and it took about 30 minutes to travel that short distance. The casino was built in 1985 and the age shows. There are many new hotels on the beachfront and the casino is a long walk from the beach (Kurrawa Beach, also known as Broadbeach). There is a monorail that travels to the beach for only $3 a trip. The monorail station is at the doorway to the casino and travels to the broadbeach shopping centre.

JUPITER'S CASINO CARPARK
As we were driving we found the large Casino carpark was on three levels. As stated in other reviews you have to park with the regular casino visitors. As we were driving a lot we often found we had to park in the farthest corners of the carpark. The maximum time to walk would be only five minutes but doing that with your bags is a pain. I was wondered what the casino guests would do if the carpark was full? The carpark does have 'red and green' lights to indicate if there was a vacant parking spot. This was very effective even though a green light sometimes meant a car moved into that spot a minute earlier (and not really vacant).

JUPITER'S CASINO ENTERTAINMENT
We decided to see the TAP DOGS show. I didn't think I would like to see six guys in work boots tap dancing. It slowly turned into a frenzy of dancing and throwing basketballs. The show went for ninety minutes and proved to be very entertaining. The casino has the usual mass of poker machines and poker tables. I am not a gambler so we walked around a few times amazed at how much people had in front of them.

JUPITER'S CASINO FOOD
There are many places to eat at the casino.
Entwine is a up market restaurant and I hardly saw anyone in there.
Bites is the casino bistro. The food was the cheapest with $10 pizza and asian soups and looked over the river.
Zen is the Chinese restaurant. The food was good but pricey at $30 a main meal (but large servings).
Food Fantasy was a buffet style eatery costing $30 to enter. We didn't try it.
Vivo was a Italian restaurant. Food was yummy and I have never seen $3,000 bottles of wine in the menu before.
Spinners is in the most central part of the casino. It was good value and we had breakfast and dinner there. It was always crowded.

JUPITER'S CASINO ACCOMMODATION
The rooms were very clean. We could see the ocean in between high rise buildings along the beachfront. Showers meant standing in the bathtub on one of those old rubber mats with suction cups on the bottom. Room maintenance was good. The blackout curtains had some tiny pinholes letting in the sunlight but that was very minor. The large panel TV had foxtel for many ethnic and sports channels. The outside pool is heated and large. There are two small outdoor spas nestled amongst the bushes (secluded). We didn't get to try the large gym, games or massage rooms. The large Pacific Fair shopping mall is next door to Jupiter's Casino and Surfers Paradise is only a ten minute drive away. There is another close shopping mall called Australia Fair.

JUPITER'S CASINO NOISE
Upon 'check in' I particularly asked the desk if I would be able to hear the music from the 'nightclub' (as I had read in Tripadvisor reviews). The supervisor came over and said I was on the northern side of the casino and it was quieter. We were placed on floor 12 and I could see the canopy covering the casino just outside our window. We arrived on a Wednesday night and it was peaceful. Thursday night we could hear music beating until midnight (we are not night owls and go to bed earlier). I was a bit annoyed as our room was just above the casino and there are many more higher floors that would have got us away from the bassy music noise. Friday night we had to prepare for our 7 am flight the next morning. The music from the Atrium Bar below went to 2:45 am and you could hear the crowd cheering to the disc jockey. I know the casino is a entertainment venue and noise is to be expected BUT I did ask about the noise at 'check in' and I would have paid extra to upgrade to a quiet room. If you stay up late then the hotel will suit you. I won't be staying there again because we weren't offered a upgrade to a quieter room. I would have gladly paid more to not have our holiday accommodation spoilt.

CONCLUSION
The casino has been refurbished and even though the building looks a little aged it is spotless inside. If you like to party until all hours then this is the place for you. If you are older couples that want somewhere cheap to stay you should ensure you get a room on the highest floors.

Room Tip: The twelfth floor is just above the casino and very noisy. You will hear music and crowds yelling fr...