Bel Air on Broadbeach
Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
$213
$168
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Broadbeach(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
$79
Hotels.com
Peppers Broadbeach(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
$202
$176
Agoda.com
The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
$210
$148
Agoda.com
La Grande Apartments(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
$389
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Restaurant
Gold Coast Inn(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
Tropicana Motel Mermaid Beach(Mermaid Beach)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
No availability for your dates from our partners
Aruba Surf Resort(Broadbeach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,144 results
All reviewsacross the roadpacific fairthe gold coastgreat locationeast towersub penthousepool areagreat place to staybottle shopgreat coffeeone bedroom apartmentlight railenjoyed our staypublic transporttram stopsurfers paradisegreat facilities
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The 2 bedroom apartment in which we stayed was well laid out and suite our needs with 2 children. However the cleanliness of the apartment was not good. Advertised as fully self contained the kitchen was missing basic cooking utensils such as a peeler and oven trays and what was in the cupboards required washing before use. The apartment itself was dusty and mould was growing under the glass of the dining room table. The showers/baths also had a substantial amount of soap scum. We were also disappointed that the indoor pool was closed for a few days in the middle of school holidays.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Mark S, Managing Director at Bel Air on Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for providing this feedback. I was very disappointed to see your comments in relation to the cleanliness. As you may have seen from previous reviews and responses this has been an aspect of the resort that we have really been focusing on since we took over management in June and we are generally very pleased with progress but we still have a little way to go. As the earlier reviews reflect we have got most of the rooms to the state where our guests are more than happy and in fact since you wrote this review we have done a lot more.
Unfortunately yes, the Indoor pool did need to be closed for some emergency repairs during the school holidays but hopefully you got to use our expansive outdoor pool which was heated to 29 degrees celsius during that time.
I hope you will come back and visit us again soon. If you do want to, please call us directly so that we can make sure you are looked after and get the best possible price.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

While my husband and I and three children were asleep, our fully locked apartment was entered at approx 3.00 am. Three other apartments were also entered on the same night. We lost a wallet with cash and ID . It would appear someone accessed a swipe card to use the lift and a key to unlock our door to the apartment.

Management at the motel were ambivalent to our plight and would not arrange alternative locking arrangements or offer any reimbursement even though it was out of our control.

The security is a joke, I hope the complex learns from this feedback as they didn't respond appropriatley to us when we were there.

6  Thank Julie C
Mark S, Managing Director at Bel Air on Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Julie
We are genuinely disappointed to read your review and of course we were very concerned about the incident in question. However I have to say that we think it is also very unfair to suggest that this occurred due to the inadequacy of our security arrangements. As you would be aware, we do have 24 hour security in place but unfortunately they did not catch the offenders in the act in this case.
I have had a full report from our General Manager, Alan Clark and am satisfied that appropriate action was taken. I understand that Alan did speak to you directly in relation to the incident and that he and our other staff provided whatever assistance they could at that time. They also offered ongoing assistance and organised for the police to attend to inspect the property. The access card you mentioned was cancelled the next day so that any further risk was removed.
We remain committed to assisting with any further investigation of this unfortunate incident. Please feel free to contact us directly if you need anything further.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have just returned from the Gold Coast where we stayed at the stunning Bel Air on Broadbeach. Checked in with very friendly and professional staff that also made us feel so welcome ! Our room was on the 13th floor of the East tower and we were taken by surprise on how spacious and well set out our apartment was for the money we had paid. Fantastic views of the ocean with Hump-back whales frolicking everyday put the finishing touches on a superb holiday. Thank you Bel Air !!

Room Tip: Beach facing room did it for me !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark S, Managing Director at Bel Air on Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Chris
Thanks for your positive review. It always gives us great joy to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay as much as you appear to have. Yes, the "whale show" is quite spectacular at the moment and should continue for several more weeks yet!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is good quality accommodation with good facilities. A couple of minor complaints - the ensuite is tiny and the living area is a touch small but otherwise very nice. Nice pools, gym etc. My one complaint is this - there are permanent residents at the location and they are allowed to have dogs in their rooms. Imagine my surprise when I open my room door (on the 4th floor) and saw a large dog running towards me. Believe me this wasn't a companion dog. Sorry if I am going to pay $250 a night I expect to be informed that dogs are allowed in the rooms. There is nothing to say they a permanent resident will rent his room out and you will stay there.

Room Tip: Try and get a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Mark S, Managing Director at Bel Air on Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive review and I note your concern about a dog being on the property. Bel Air on Broadbeach has a strict "no pets" policy but I am aware that we have inherited a situation where one or two dogs were approved before we took over. I am told that these were in fact approved as "companion" dogs. I am sorry that you encountered one of these as they certainly should not be running in the hallways!
We look forward to hosting you again some time and if the dog is a concern to you, please contact us beforehand and we will ensure you are located in one of the other towers away from it.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I were on the 9th floor of the East Tower in a 1 bedroom appartment. The appartment was very spacious, very clean (spotless) and well equipped for our 7 night stay. Allan and his staff made us feel very welcomed. Our request to have our son and his family located on the same floor was met. Our appartment overlooked the excellent outdoor swimming pool and spa. It had a gym and also an indoor pool. The grounds are well looked after and clean. The car park is located in the building.
The Bel Air is in a great location to get to the Theme Parks.
The Bel Air is accross the road and within walking distance from Pacific Fair shopping centre. The Jupiters casino is also within walking distance.
The Robina shopping centre is a short drive away.
We would definately return to Bel Air and highly recommend it to family and friends.

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. It is very rewarding to hear that our guests are now consistently having the sort of experience that we like to have when we go on holiday. That was our goal when we took over 3 months ago and it is great to hear we are now achieving that goal.
We look forward to hosting you again soon. Please feel free to call us directly to make your reservation of book through our website.