2,998 results
All reviews buffet breakfast accor member mini bar corner room pillow menu ocean view shopping centre an upgrade gold coast surfers paradise per day jupiters casino car parking across the road pacific fair bonjour monorail
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Got great value during the Accor sale (we are a member), $160 per night including breakfast for all of us (a family of four). Having read the reviews here we were expecting an older style room and so was not "surprised".

Positive:
Room with 2 double bed, perfect for family with small children
Separate shower and bath.
Location is walking distance to Pacific Fair and beach.

Negative:
Breakfast is OK, menu doesn't change during the 3 days we stayed there.
There are 2 pools, the child friendly pool is NOT heated and so pretty much not usable. The "advertised" heated pool is 2.2m deep.
Parking is not included, an extra $15 per night.

Will we stay again? Yes if it is $160 per night, NOT with the regular rate of $300 per night. There are many hotels in Gold Coast within that $300 price range that are better and with free parking.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Bonjour Fanny R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with both positive and constructive feedback. We are glad you were able to enjoy the benefit of our Le Club program and enjoyed the room and location with your family. Your feedback is shared with our teams as we continue to improve on the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Merci,

Reviewed September 26, 2018

I booked this hotel from the misleading pictures on line and paid close to $400 for a night to treat my partner, did not know it was an very old hotel, with the small of an old hotel covered up by the some kind of toilet deodorant small. very strong small from me entry into the hotel. you feel like you want to get out for a fresh air after stay in lobby for 5 mins.I tried to cancel the booking and drive back to Brisbane. was told I cannot do so. went to the upgraded room 1909, after lots of argument with the manager Lleyton Yoon. there are rusty furniture, headers of the bed is dirty with white stains ( snots or cum? don't know, I have photos to proof all what I am saying) the toilet floor cracking gaps are filled with old filth dirt. the bath tub was cracked. room has the same deodorant small. the bath tub sink again, I was trying to cancel my stay. Mr. Yoon the duty manager said I cannot cancel it. he said he will not charge me for parking of $15. I usually book at Peppers Soul or Hilton at surfers. there are huge difference from Hilton to this hotel. to make it worse: my lady was doing make up in front of the bathroom basin, and lose one of her small diamond eye rings I have bought for her birthday a while ago. it fall through the big holes of old sink bottom (new sink has a cover over the hole, to prevent it fall through)the restaurant was slow in getting food to the table, but the food was good after hours of frustration with staying at this hotel. the staff was very nice, especially the hotel porter who helped us change the room. and front desk girls are nice. but the duty manager was firm on he cannot help us more then what he did. saying rood upgrade ( the above room was an upgrade) and the free parking was the best he can do. if anyone wants photos to see what I am talking about here. please send me email to jack@jackqin.com. again. I did not sleep well, due to the smell I mentioned before. I kept windows open, but noise and cold air make me shut it and open up a few different times through the night. you either have the fresh cold air with noise. or you put up with the small in the room.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
4  Thank Qinzhongyi66
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Bonjour Qinzhongyi66,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay. We are sorry that this stay did not meet your expectations. I was most appreciative of you sharing your experience with me, thank you. This feedback is very valuable to us as we continue to look at areas that we may improve our guest's experiences, and we appreciate you letting us know. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and create a magnifique stay for you.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed and the Sofitel Broadbeach 4 times previously, and am a silver Accor member. I recently stayed again at the Sofitel and accidentally left an item in the room (hair straightener). The same day of check out, I called the hotel to notify them of the item. I called every day after that for 5 days straight before someone could confirm that the item was not found in the room and that it was simply gone. The hotel didn’t return any of my calls over this time. I am really disappointed in the lack of customer service and lack of explanation as to what has happened to my item. This concerns my about this hotel for this reason will need to reconsider staying here in the future.

Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank jessicaquinlan

Bonjour jessicaquinlan,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am sorry we have been unable to locate your missing item. I have asked our housekeeping team to double check on this for you. We always strive to provide a superior level of service and apologise that the we did not provide this in following up with you. We appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope we can better serve you in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

We had a nice five night break here before meeting family for holiday together.
We have always enjoyed our times here & did again.
The only problem we had was that in the first room we found the bed sagging & uncomfortable. We had a very pleasant exchange with staff & paid a small amount to upgrade to a lovely ocean view room with a lovely view & great bed. We realised that we should have booked this room all along.
Anyway the rooms are spotlessly clean, not ulya modern but comfortable with a separate bath & shower which was great for us as we hate the shower over the bath senario.
Tea & coffee in room were good but mini bar still ridiculously expensive.
The location is very central to everything even without car. Food in the restaurant was excellent both for breakfast & dinner. All staff were really friendly & helpful. Also loved the fact that they have a guest laundry which we made use of just needed one dollar coins.
Looking forward to another visit in the future.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Bonjour,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your time at the Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach and you were able to sample some of our wonderful Food and Beverage offerings. I am sorry about the bed in the previous room. . I will ensure that our engineering team check the mattress in that room for any damage and replace it if necessary.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2018