“Nice place to chill out for a few days”

Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Brisbane
“Nice place to chill out for a few days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

We like to return to this hotel when we have a few days to relax. Lots of restaurants nearby. Pays to have ocean view room - we were lucky enough to spot whales on their way north. Everything you need is walking distance so you don't need a vehicle

• Stayed July 2014
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Bonjour anne_qld,

Thank you for sharing this quick review with us from your stay.
You were lucky to spot some whales from the room during your stay, it sounds very exciting! You are correct about our location, we are right in the middle of the action in Broadbeach so everything is within easy walking access including the beach.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to another visit from you soon.

Amery Burleigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

I just loved this one, the rooms are large and airy and had a terrific view of the river or the sea. The reception staff as all of the staff was lovely in every way. I’d like to name Olivia on reception who was excellent on checking in and helping solve an issue I had at another Sofitel (see my Wentworth Sydney review).
If stay decide to here and you should and your lucky enough to get Olivia at check you in, you will see what I mean when I say excellent service with a warm friendly smile and a can do attitude. Note to the hotel manager give her a BIG bonus.

The high level of service extends to breakfast restaurant where both manager and chef recognised us each day and paid time to talk with us.
My tip, have the chef make you waffles their light and fluffy and very yummy.

Hotel presented me with a bottle of champagne on my arrival to celebrate my honeymoon and all in all offered me a feel good factor whilst I stayed there.

If go to the Gold coast again I WILL stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonjour Jetwind1970,

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful experience with us and congratulations on your recent wedding! It is great to see that you were well looked after by our team in all areas of the hotel and I have shared your kind comments with them.
A very good tip that you noted regarding our chef's waffles, they are indeed delectable.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you get the opportunity to return for another visit in the near future.

Burnie, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Room was pretty good, but a few blemishes. Comfy bed and pillows, good TV, nice view and balcony. Internet very expensive, $29 for 24-hours - but although I purchased a 24-hour internet pass at 4pm on a Thursday, when I checked out the next morning at 8am I could no longer have access to the internet and my 24-hour pass despite being at a conference on site for the day. Felt ripped off. Each morning I waited 5-10 minutes to be seated for breakfast and each morning I ordered a coffee but received the wrong coffee. Breakfast food was ok, perhaps good. Overall a little below par for what is expected from Sofitel and the price it costs.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Bonjour Kirk P,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us from your time at the hotel.
I'm sorry to see that you experienced some difficulties with our services while you were staying with us. Wifi in the room is accessed and activated by your room number together with the internet code so you are correct, once you check out it closes this account. If this happens prior to utilising the full 24 hours and you are still on site for the day, please let reception know as they can give you another access code. I apologise for the inconvenience this caused you during your stay.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, we hope to see you return for another visit when you are next in the Gold Coast.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I struggle to find hotels that truly recognise and live by status member benefits. This hotel takes the cake when upholding recognition of the Accor Status Program, and its members. From check in to check out I was constantly thanked for my loyalty, and not once did I have to ask why I didn't receive any of the benefits. Every team member had a smile, and was very helpful and polite. Considering the age of the hotel, it was clean modern and stylish. The only downfall out of any, is that Accor need a luxury hotel in Surfers. Overall well done to the Team at Sofitel Broadbeach.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Bonjour Derek C,

Thank you for sharing this delightful review from your stay at Sofitel Gold Coast.
It is fantastic to see that you were well looked after during your time with us. We have only recently started participating with Le Club and are very excited about being a part of this loyalty program so it is great to read your comments and see that we are doing everything correctly.

Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your experience and we hope you get the opportunity to return for another visit soon.

Ettalong Beach, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed for 4 days early July. Comfortable room, great view. Breakfast good. Pool refreshing what is the best thing about this hotel its location to everything! Lots of restaurants nearby. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Bonjour kellstravels,

Thank you for sharing your quick review with us from your stay in July.
I am pleased you had a wonderful time while you were here. You are correct about our location, not only do we have two delicious restaurants within the hotel but we are also in the midst of the shopping areas and other eateries in Broadbeach.

Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to seeing you back for another visit soon.

Amery Burleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
#13 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,134 reviews

Been to Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach? Share your experiences!