I stayed at the Sofitel for a week, at a conference with ~100 attendees.
The Sofitel clearly works hard to make the most of what they have got, but after 30+ years, the building they are working with is starting to feel a little tired.
The roof in many of the residential levels feels low, and cramped; almost stuffy. The rooms have clearly been refurbished many times in their life, and I was lucky enough to get an ocean view, but level 7 has very interrupted views. The conference facilities on the lower levels are good (though not easily accessed through stairs, so you need to wait for high rise lifts to move between adjacent floors), but there is an overflow to two rooms located on the top residential floor. This spacing of meeting rooms around the building is awkward and wastes time if you swap between sessions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Gold Coast is in Broadbeach, the most cosmopolitan location on the Gold Coast. Only fifty meters away from the beach, the hotel is no more than a short stroll to the Gold Coast Convention Centre. As an added attraction, a light rail station is located adjacent to the hotel. There are 296 spacious guest rooms, each with its own balcony and a panoramic view, two pools, tennis courts and a spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach Hotel Broadbeach
- Accor Gold Coast Broadbeach
- Sofitel Broadbeach
- Broadbeach Sofitel