“Penny pinching”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Coolum Beach, Australia
“Penny pinching”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was very disappointed and wonder why there was a need to charge for the internet, when you can go to McDonalds just to name one company and buy a coffee and have access to the internet all for a small price of a coffee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Bonjour amartin52,

Thank you for your constructive comments.

I am sorry your recent stay did not meet your expectations.
With regards to internet we do provide 30 minutes for free per day in our hotel foyer which is available for every guest.

As this is an anonymous site if you would like to provide further details into your stay please don't hesitate to contact me to discuss on 07 5592 2250.

We look forward to seeing you next time you visit the Gold Coast.

Amery Burleigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Auckland
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my first stay at the Sofitel Gold Coast in quite a few years and put simply, it is hard to fault the place. On check in we were offered a choice of rooms. The room we chose on the 14th floor had a view of both the river and the ocean. The king size bed was pure luxury, with a thick duck-down mattress topper which made for a good nights sleep in absolute comfort. The bathroom is green marble throughout and had a range of good quality toiletries.

With the Sofitel it is the little extras that make the difference. A good range of teas in the room, plus plunger coffee if you are a coffee drinker. There are bath robes and slippers in the cupboard which are available for purchase.

We had breakfast there and there was a wide range of foods available to suit every dietary need. We were given an "antioxidant shot" of carrot juice and other ingredients. With our pot of green tea came lemon slices.

We left in bit of a hurry as we had a flight to catch, and my goose-down vest was left in the room. Once we arrived home I emailed the hotel and asked them if they could post the vest back to me at my cost. They immediately arranged that and the vest is on its way back to me.

The other thing that happened was that there was a big country music festival going on at Broadbeach while we were staying at the hotel. There were bands playing very loudly in the pedestrian mall directly beneath our room. At the desk we asked how long the music was going to carry on for and the woman behind the desk pulled out some ear plugs for us.

This hotel is in a lovely part of the Gold Coast which isn't as frenetic as Surfers Paradise. It is across the road from Jupiters Casino and just a short walk from Pacific Fair. There is good shopping in the area and lots of very good restaurants.

We will be back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Bonjour MineeMo,

Thank you for the lovely comments from your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast.

I agree our Signature Sofitel MyBeds are indeed luxury.
We are lucky to be in such a vibrant location in the heart of Broadbeach which also gives the advantage of views both up and down the Gold Coast.
Your mention of an "antioxidant shot" with breakfast sounds like the perfect aid to start the day.

We are looking forward to your next visit and hope you will come to visit us again soon

Hobart
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed for 3 nights, we splashed out for a luxury spa room with a wrap around balcony - well worth it for the view alone, especially watching the whales go past out to sea. The staff were excellent and the cocktails and the associated service by the bartenders in Room 81 were exceptional. Any request for room service etc was prompt and delicious and staff very respectful of the Do not disturb sign if we wanted some privacy.. the lovely note and bottle of wine from Amy who checked us in topped it off wonderfully.. close to all the restaurants, bars and shopping you could want, without the super hustle and bustle of the main area of Surfers (Cavill Ave).. would highly recommend to stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Bonjour MRStyles39,

Thank you for the lovely feedback from your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast.

This time of year is the perfect time for Whale watching, how lucky to be able to view them from the comfort of your room.
I agree the 180 degree balcony in our Luxury rooms with the floor to ceiling windows allows for a breathtaking view down the coast towards Coolangatta.

It is always a pleasure to hear that we have provided exceptional service and I have passed on your warm comments to our staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked a 2 day mystery package and was delighted to find that it was for the 5 star Sofitel. I was offered an upgrade to a king bed overlooking the ocean, which I accepted for an extra fee. I didn't take the option for a higher room, and I really didn't need to.
I stayed for the Broadbeach country music festival, which only enhanced the fantastic time I had in Broadbeach.
The hotel is literally on top of the shopping and resteraunt district, with 2 great bars inside the hotel.
The staff and service were above and beyond anything I have experienced to date. Hotel services even helped me with my new shirt, which the button hole was not cut. They sent someone to my room armed with the right equipment.
I will definitely do this again, I really recommend the hotel, the area and the festival.

Room Tip: The concierge will offer you an ocean view for a little extra if you get a mystery deal. TAKE IT!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bonjour Dinner4One,

Thank you for the lovely comments from your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast.

I agree, our central location in the heart of Broadbeach is definitely a great place to take advantage of the atmosphere during large events such as the Broadbeach Country Music Festival.

Our staff pride themselves on providing high levels of service and I have shared your wonderful feedback with them.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Sofitel at Broadbeach is a fine hotel with excellent location, helpful friendly staff and serves a great breakfast. Given the special Advantage Plus rate that we paid, we had no cause for complaint but were a mite disappointed with the small size of the room, bed and TV. On balance we prefer the spaciousness of the Sebel at Coolangatta over the more prestigious ambiance of the Sofitel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Bonjour oztraveller61,

Thank you for your comments.

We fully appreciate that different travellers have different needs and the Sebel Suites product also managed by Accor, simply offers another option.
Should you find yourself wanting a full service luxury hotel we would love to see you back at Sofitel.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2013

After staying in 3 different hotels/service apartments in the Gold Coast every January for the Magic Millions, I'm pleased I've finally found a hotel I'm more than happy to return to for my trips in the near future. Great location, clean room and fantastic service. Amery Burleigh certainly leads by example, creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests at the Sofitel.

Food at Room 81 is always delicious and I've enjoyed my meals there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour Su-Ann!

Yes its been a few months since your visit but I so appreciate your nice comments.
I was secretly hoping you were back here last month for the mini Magic Millions but looking forward to your return next January.

Amery
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#12 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Peppers Soul
Peppers Soul
#1 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach? Share your experiences!