“Very nice stay, would stay again, maybe longer next time.”

Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Broadbeach
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Very nice stay, would stay again, maybe longer next time. Maybe more free food in the rooms and a bottle of wine included. Use of lighter blankets on the beds so you don't have to use the dooner as much as it get hot over the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Bonjour Restforever,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

We must have had some delightful weather while you were staying at the hotel. I agree the Gold Coast can experience some wonderfully hot weather.
If you are finding that the air conditioning is not enough to cool the room down for a relaxing sleep, please don't hesitate to ask our friendly staff for a lighter blanket on your next visit.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a relaxing weekend at the Sofitel Broadbeach. We arrived earlier than check-in and they had a room available so they let us check in early, which was great.

Was a bit disappointed with the late servicing of the room every day and the twin beds were surprisingly small (felt like Queen singles). Was considering an upgrade but the cost was an extra $100 per night. At around 9am every morning an employee knocked on our door asking if we needed the mini bar re-stocked which was a bit odd.

The hotel was located reasonably close to the local bus, which we used to get to and from the airport. It was cheaper than other modes of transport and we used a "GO" card while we were there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour 315Natalie,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your recent visit with us.

Our minibar team is very efficient in ensuring everything is kept conveniently stocked however if 9am is a bit early for you we do have the "do not disturb" signs available on the back of the doors to use for your convenience and privacy.

We are always happy to acommodate specific times for servicing your room. Just let us know what time you prefer at check in.

Our Twin rooms have 2 double beds, so I am sorry you felt these were too small for you.

Thank you again for providing your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The positives: it's everything you expect from a 5 star hotel. Nice lobby, quick lifts, good sized rooms and lovely bathrooms. Oh and the beds - SO comfortable!! All staff were professional and friendly. I can't comment on the cost as we were transferred from Jupiters so I don't know what it's like regarding value for money.

My friend and I went to the bar for a cocktail, the bartender recommended a couple after asking what we liked and they were both spot on.

The only major negative was the breakfast. The fruit was either not ripe or out of a tin, the eggs tasted of vinegar and there wasn't a huge range. Save your money and go to Bistro Blanc just down the road - they do amazing breakfasts for a very reasonable price.
In summary though I would definitely come back!!

Room Tip: Ocean view room had a spectacular view, especially higher up.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour tcd_5,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I am glad our staff were efficient and friendly to you after being transferred and I agree that our signature Sofitel MyBed made with feather and down bedding is definitely soft and heavenly.

I do apologise that our breakfast buffet was not to your liking, did you try one of our ready made omelettes? Our breakfast chefs make delicious fresh omelettes with your choice of fillings upon request.

Thank you again, we look forward to your return visit and will have a poached egg breakfast waiting for you.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, great view from the 22nd floor, room very comfortable with all the inclusions you would expect from a five star establishment; tea/coffee, pillow selection, wifi, toiletries. The nightly turn down service and chocolate on the pillow is a nice touch. The hotels location is excellent for exploring all the great restaurants and cafes that Broadbeach has to offer, it's proximity above a shopping centre is also great, as on a raining day you don't have to go far. Hotel gym is smaller than most, but as it was quiet I was able to access the machines when I wanted too. Complementary papers and fruit in the lobby are a nice touch. Staff friendly and helpful. Proximity to the casino, and pacific fair also makes this a well located property. Underground parking was easy to access from the road, and reasonably priced at $15 a day, would pay double this in the city.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have the best views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Bonjour bosskunga,

Thank you for your delightful compliments of the hotel.

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed all of the facilities offered at Sofitel Gold Coast and that you found our location adjoining the Oasis shopping centre with convenient internal access a bonus on those rainy days.

We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stay at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach every year for the most special date on our calendar.. our anniversary. The service is second to none, with the friendliest staff we have ever meet. They spoil us with little special treats every year we go and answer any questions efficiently and effortlessly. We just sit back and relax!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Bonjour stevecarrno1,

Thank you for your lovely comments.

It is always wonderful to hear from a return guest. I am so glad that our staff at Sofitel Gold Coast were able to contribute to one of the most important dates of the year for you.

We value each of our guests and I am pleased to see we are creating magnifique memories for you year after year.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

In the heart of the concrete jungle at Broadbeach. We were informed on arrival that parking in the building was $15 for self park or $25 for valet. Had me thinking here begins the up sell. Which is a turn off and we began joking & checked if we were able to use any item for fear of being charged for it. We were in luck, the toilet paper & soap were included in the price!! Turned out parking was full in the building and we ended up in the (overflow parking) basement in the Oasis Building next door. Finding my way out of the Oasis Shopping Centre back to the Hotel was via a series of interconnecting corridors and lifts was amazing. Getting back was even more entertaining. The room was cosy, lacking luxury items or touches (just more upsell) and overall the hotel was fairly soul less. The noise from the mall and entertainment area filtered into the room until the wee hours of the morning. The best part was the pool as the hotel is not beach front. Hence average for the dosh paid and certainly better offerings are around.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the Mall (north) side due to the noise from the entertainment area below
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TasExplorer
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Bonjour TasExplorer,

Thank you for your constructive albeit a bit cheeky comments. We certainly appreciate honesty and from your description of parking in the overflow parking during your stay, please allow me to apologise for the inconvenience. We will look at better ways to communicate access to our guests.
You will be happy to know that we are in the process of upgrading our luxury category of rooms to include a more luxurious feel overall and nicer amenities.
As for your issue with noise from the mall and entertainment venues I am assuming you were here over a weekend. May I suggest for future stays that you request a room on our south side, probably the more quiet side of the hotel.
The destination is quite vibrant over the weekends and we appreciate that some people do just want a relaxing getaway on the coast.

Thank you again, we really do appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again at the hotel very soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We had a voucher for three hundred dollars that my husband had one and decided to stay in a luxury spa ocean view room that cost 440 dollars. The room was big, the view fantastic. The bed was king and very comfortable. The bathroom was marble tile and very nice. However the spa was small, very low water pressure so it took ages to fill and did not really bubble so realy just a tub. It was no where big enough for two. Check in and check out took forever especially check out where they had not taken the voucher details but ad taken the voucher from me at check in some had to stuff around to ensure they deducted the 300 dollars credit. In would expect better service for a five star hotel. I was also under the impression breakfast was included but it was not so I was not impressed especially when I had confirmed when booking. My recommendation would be not to bother paying extra for the spa.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour Kelley B

Thank you very much for your nice and constructive comments about your recent stay.

I am sorry you did not find value in our upgraded spa room, as most people love the sweeping 180 degree views through the floor to ceiling windows down the coast towards Burleigh Heads. We understand however if the spa was your number one reason for booking the room that it is indeed a spa bath and not a proper outdoor spa.
We are glad that you did enjoy our signature Sofitel MyBed and our beautiful bathroom with the same sweeping views.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused when you checked in with the voucher. Unfortunately due to the anonymous nature of this site I am unable to investigate further to avoid future repeats.
Should you like to provide me with more information please contact me at 07 5592 2250.

Amery Burleigh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
QT Gold Coast
QT Gold Coast
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach? Share your experiences!