“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times and will do so again later in the year. I love the position of the hotel and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We received an upgrade to an ocean view room on our last stay as I was staying with my daughter and the only room they had left for a river view (that I had booked) was on a smoking level. It was lovely of them to take these things into consideration.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Bonjour MinkeeMinky,

Thank you for your nice review of your recent stay with your daughter at the Sofitel Gold Coast. I am glad to hear the team took good care of you and were considerate of your situation when you booked a different room type to what you were offerd in the end.

I have shared your nice words with the team and I know they appreciate it when people acknowledge that they helped make your stay even more pleasant.

Thank you again and we will see you again later in the year.

Amery Burleigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The service throughout our five day stay at the Sofitel Hotel in Broachbeach was outstanding. From the moment we pulled into the hotel entrance, the attendant, Dale was very helpful as was Raphael at reception - both going out of their way to help sort out a situation for us. All our other needs throughout the stay were seen to immediately and with minimum fuss including restaurant and housekeeping staff.

The rooms were spacious and clean. I wouldn't hesitate staying there again.

TIP: Ask for a corner room. These rooms are a bit larger and give you a desk/office space. Also good for luggage storage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour Perizada,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our normal high levels of guest service and problem solving abilities. The team genuinely care about your experience being a relaxed and comfortable afair and will always look for ways to make your stay as smooth and stress free as possible.

Great recommendation about the corner rooms as they do indeed have a little extra room and they make a great room for someone wanting more work space for a conference or work, or even for a family hoping for more room to spread out.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Gold Coast!

Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We expected french elegance and flair and received a hotel loaded with groups. This propperty caters to mass tourism. Rooms are clean, no make up mrror, amenities are not replenished, pool is petite; lots of noice at night from all the bars and restaurants around. Extremely expensive, wifi cost 29 $ a day.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank citywolf
Bonjour Cotywolf,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We do cater for a number of different types of travellers and I am disappointed to hear that a group traveling to the hotel was a distraction for you. We do celebrate a number of French elements throughout the hotel, from our beautiful lobby in the evening filled with flowers and candles celebrating Paris as the City of Lights, house made pastries and desserts, a good selection of French wines and Champagnes, and a selection of cheese at each meal period.

I understand your disappointment at having to pay for Wifi, but unfortunately the cost of providing this service in Australia is quite high, and most people choose to carry their own access USB or modem.

We do appreciate your feedback however and will look for more ways to celebrate the hotel's French heritage.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The service at the hotel is great and the rooms are a good size. I have stayed here many times and it is always a pleasure. On this occasion the meals were not up to their usual standard but the rest of the hotel was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Bonjour tracep4,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience for your return stay at Sofitel Gold Coast. It is always nice to hear that our regular guests experience consistent high levels of service. I am sorry to hear however that your meals did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I wish I knew which outlet or restaurant, but I have made the Executive Chef and our Food and Beverage Manager aware of your comments to follow up from their side.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you for another visit soon!

Gold coast
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Such a cool, modern hotel- we really enjoyed our stay. Our room was very nice and had views of the Gold Coast's suburbs and hinterland, ones we hadn't seen before. We stayed during the Gold Coast Film Festival and it was great to see the hotel decked out with some superhero & movie artwork. Check in was easy, though concierge didn't offer a hand when we pulled up in a car.. despite them being free of guests. Very comfy beds and we enjoyed a good nights sleep & the houseman was quick to bring up a spare toothbrush for me! Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour Cameron B,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast for the GC Film Festival. As the partner hotel for the festival, we had a terrific time embracing the creative side of the art and characters of both the film festival and the pop art festival of QPow/Supernova. I am sorry to hear that the concierge were not helpful and I have shared your comments with the team to help them better understand the importance of a more proactive approach to our guests arrival.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was there for a conference.I was given a room at level 19 and the view was superb.The bed was the most comfy with the goose feather underlay. I could sleep all day but obviously it would be a waste not to go to the beach,which is essentially only 5 minutes away.Overall great hotel in great location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour Lai C,

Thank you for your short and sweet review of the Sofitel Gold Coast. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel for your conference and in particular our signature MyBed sleep. We hope to see you back at the hotel for a leisure stay where you won't have to force yourself to get out of bed too early!

Thank you again.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husbands present to me for my birthday. we stayed at sofitel broadbeach for 2 nights and since i love spa rooms he booked a luxury ocean view and spa room.but we were very disappointed.the ocean view was great but the room itself i wouldn't call it luxury the bed was alright i would say, but didn't look like a king bed to me,the spa which i was looking forward to the most i didn't even use it.it was so small and dirty like no one has used it for ages.the water flow was slow in the taps..then comes the buffet dinner on my birthday was terrible.they did not have any vegetarian at all except avocado sushi,no asian selection.the desserts was crap didn't taste good at all and very less variety.the amount we spent per head we just ended up eating couple of pieces of sushi,prawns and steamed barramundi with rice.i have been to better buffet than this and have paid half the price to be honest,i was very disappointed with the whole stay.and my husband felt really bad also for booking sofitel.because what you see in the picture is completely different to what you get.so yeah overall wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends and families.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Bonjour Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We get wonderful comments about our luxury spa rooms but I will have my housekeeping team look specifically into the taps of the spa for any flow issues.

We do cater for vegetarians often, and simply ask that you let us know if there is not enough selection for you. We usually make made to order dishes to compliment the buffet if your dietary requirements are not being met on the evening.

Thank you again for the comments.

Regards,
Amery Burleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
#12 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach? Share your experiences!