“Great Stay”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Gold coast
“Great Stay”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Such a cool, modern hotel- we really enjoyed our stay. Our room was very nice and had views of the Gold Coast's suburbs and hinterland, ones we hadn't seen before. We stayed during the Gold Coast Film Festival and it was great to see the hotel decked out with some superhero & movie artwork. Check in was easy, though concierge didn't offer a hand when we pulled up in a car.. despite them being free of guests. Very comfy beds and we enjoyed a good nights sleep & the houseman was quick to bring up a spare toothbrush for me! Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Bonjour Cameron B,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast for the GC Film Festival. As the partner hotel for the festival, we had a terrific time embracing the creative side of the art and characters of both the film festival and the pop art festival of QPow/Supernova. I am sorry to hear that the concierge were not helpful and I have shared your comments with the team to help them better understand the importance of a more proactive approach to our guests arrival.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Amery Burleigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was there for a conference.I was given a room at level 19 and the view was superb.The bed was the most comfy with the goose feather underlay. I could sleep all day but obviously it would be a waste not to go to the beach,which is essentially only 5 minutes away.Overall great hotel in great location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour Lai C,

Thank you for your short and sweet review of the Sofitel Gold Coast. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel for your conference and in particular our signature MyBed sleep. We hope to see you back at the hotel for a leisure stay where you won't have to force yourself to get out of bed too early!

Thank you again.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husbands present to me for my birthday. we stayed at sofitel broadbeach for 2 nights and since i love spa rooms he booked a luxury ocean view and spa room.but we were very disappointed.the ocean view was great but the room itself i wouldn't call it luxury the bed was alright i would say, but didn't look like a king bed to me,the spa which i was looking forward to the most i didn't even use it.it was so small and dirty like no one has used it for ages.the water flow was slow in the taps..then comes the buffet dinner on my birthday was terrible.they did not have any vegetarian at all except avocado sushi,no asian selection.the desserts was crap didn't taste good at all and very less variety.the amount we spent per head we just ended up eating couple of pieces of sushi,prawns and steamed barramundi with rice.i have been to better buffet than this and have paid half the price to be honest,i was very disappointed with the whole stay.and my husband felt really bad also for booking sofitel.because what you see in the picture is completely different to what you get.so yeah overall wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends and families.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Bonjour Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We get wonderful comments about our luxury spa rooms but I will have my housekeeping team look specifically into the taps of the spa for any flow issues.

We do cater for vegetarians often, and simply ask that you let us know if there is not enough selection for you. We usually make made to order dishes to compliment the buffet if your dietary requirements are not being met on the evening.

Thank you again for the comments.

Regards,
Karratha, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I flew in from WA to surprise my Son on his birthday, hence the short stay. During my time at the motel I found the staff very helpful and friendly and it didn't matter what time of the day or night it was, they always had a smile for you. The room with the view was to die for and the bed, OMG what can I say!!! Wish I had it in my bedroom. I didn't need to use my car as much as I thought I would because shopping was within walking distance and so too was the beach. Loved the whole duration of my stay and would definitely do it again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Bonjour myaue,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay to surprise your son for his birthday. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Sofitel MyBed sleep- and it sounds like it won't take too much more convincing to see you surprising him more often! I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the service of our ambassadors, I will pass on your appreciation which I know they will like.

Thank you again and maybe you can surprise him again for Christmas!

Buderim, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Lovely hotel with good ole fashioned customer service.

Lovely rooms, modern and clean. Couldnt fault it!

If you have a car however there is a parking fee of $15 a night which I thought was a little strange!

Great location too with lots of places to eat at your doorstep :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour Genry_12,

Thank you for your short and sweet review of Sofitel Gold Coast. We do take customer service seriously and I will pass on your comments to the team so that they know their work is appreciated.

I am sorry that you didn't expect to pay for parking. Because we are in the middle of the top destination of the Gold Coast, surrounded by restaurants and entertainment venues that offer little to no parking, we protect parking for our most valued guests by charging a nominal fee for the safety, convenience and security of parking underneath the hotel.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here many times the rooms and the service are always great, good location and beautiful weather what more can you ask for. The breakfast buffet is always excellent with fresh food cooked to your requirements. Had a sea view which was a plus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour MickyDragon,

Thank you for your great review of your recent return stay at Sofitel Gold Coast. It is the ideal location and hotel for a short break out of Brisbane and I am pleased to hear you escape regularly.

I will pass on your lovely comments to the team who I know will appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again and see you soon!

scotland
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed one night on our way up the coast & although it's slightly more expensive than hotels / motels we normally use, it was worth it. The bed was one of the biggest, comfiest we have ever slept in. The buffet breakfast was excellent as well. All in all, we're glad we paid the extra & would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on a high floor & it was nice & quiet.