“Fantastic stay at Sofitel”

Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Broadbeach
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Spent 3 nights in a de luxe spa room on 16th floor. Brilliant view from room which had corner location. Extremely comfortable, well appointed. Lovely pool area on upper deck for adults kept separate from lower area which is good for families with kids and the spa. Great location with lots of restaurants just across the road. Hotel breakfast excellent and served in lovely surroundings overlooking pool area. Easy stroll to beach.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Bonjour Accorhotels Traveller,

Thank you for your nice comments of your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast. I am glad that you enjoyed the upper deck pool -and you are correct, it is an area that the adults and couples tend to gravitate to. There is a nice pool atmosphere for families and couples alike.

I will pass on your nice comments about your breakfast experience to the team, who I know will appreciate the time you took to share them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Since the time we checked in, we experienced an excellent service. I had requested a high floor occupancy as I am a hobbyist photographer and wanted this visit to be a memorable one for the family, and I was given the room on Level 20, which was by far my best experience. My wife and kids loved the view from the balcony and I got some unmatchable photo shots which will help keep this visit a memorable one for years to come.
The staff is also extremely friendly and helpful as I wanted some advise on the "To-Do" things in Gold Coast and was perfectly advised which helped me plan my stay in the best possible way.
Thanks again. Will prefer Sofitel in the future in front of any other hotel..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Bonjour jyotideepss,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review of your recent stay with your family at Sofitel Gold Coast!

Our aim is to help our guests create memorable stay with us and I am glad that we have achieved this for your stay. We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Having stayed in other Sofital Hotels before, we were disappointed with our stay in this one. It started with problems with our check-in which took two staff members at least 10 minutes to sort out. The reception staff were apologetic and friendly, but no explanation was given for the problem. The King size bed was comfortable and up to Sofitel's standard. They are known for their comfortable beds! The room was clean and spacious, but basic. Only 2 coat hangers available and I had to ask for more. The bathroom was nice, spacious and had a separate bath and shower. Good quality toiletries as well. There seemed to be intermittent "noises" coming out of the air-conditioning space in the ceiling. The carpet was fraying where it met tiles in the entrance, which is not something you would expect from a hotel with a quality name such as this. We were also disappointed to find our room still not made up when returning early afternoon. Upon meeting one of the housekeepers in the hall, she seemed stressed and said she couldn't be everywhere at once! I had the "So Fresh Breakfast" in our room which was very nice and delivered at the time requested. It was nice to have a small balcony to have fresh air instead of air conditioning, however it was rather noisy, but not something the hotel could do anything about. There are a lot of eateries around that would cater for everyone's tastes.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour ATM6,

Thank you for your thorough review of your recent stay. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. You are correct in that a frayed carpet is not something you'd expect in a Sofitel, and I will ensure we identify which room this has happened in so that we can rectify it immediately.

I am also sorry to hear you had to ask for additional hangers as our standard is to have at least 8 available.

I do hope you will visit us again so that you can see the normal high standard of room presentation.

Thank you again.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

A trip up to the gold coast for an Easter Weekend getaway. Broadbeach is the place to stay if you like restaurants. Sofitel at Broadbeach was my choice of stay due to it being an Accor Hotel Member. Service was excellent, room was very well presented, staf were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Bonjour lilfilo,

Thank you for your short, sweet comments about your recent Easter weekend getaway to Sofitel Gold Coast. I am glad that you enjoyed the location with all of the grat restaurants and cafes surrounding us, and friendly service from the team. I will share your comments with them.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Staying for a conference was an interesting experience - refurbished rooms that were nothing special and not necessarily in good working order, conference and restaurant/bar staff were awesome but housekeeping needs some serious attention. My room was on the ocean side and pretty quiet, but I heard that the front facing rooms were not so peaceful. I wouldn't be rushing back!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour Gar8,

Thank you for sharing your comments and I am sorry to hear that you had a housekeeping issue. This is quite unusual as we have a consistently good housekeeping team. If you felt like taking the time, I could follow up if I knew the room number and dates of your stay. It would help to prevent further issues.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the conference and restaurant staff, I will pass on your comments which I know they will appreciate.

Thank you again and we hope we do have the opportunity to see you again.

Regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Friendly staff, nice atmosphere in the bar, great beds, easy to get to the casino, large choice of local restaurantes. Overall a pleasent experience , although there was a lot of noise from outside ( we were on the 16th floor) I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour Traveller630719,

Thank you for your nice comments about your recent get-away for two. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Sofitel signature MyBed sleep and the atmosphere of Room 81-our signature Chef Hatted restaurant and bar.

I hope to see you back for another weekend escape for two and for future reference, sometimes the south side of the building is quieter if you are here on a Friday or Saturday evening.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

As a frequent business traveller I can not fault this hotel in anyway at all. Well trained staff always stand out a mile for me as was the case here. Excellent room with power sockets next to the bed. When are other hotels going to follow Accor's lead and do the same? Business travellers need power next to their beds to plug in phones iPad etc. They do not want to get out of bed in the middle of the night to check messages on a desk across the room!!! Well done Accor I will be back

• Stayed: April 2013
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Bonjour Graham S,

Thank you for your great review of Sofitel Gold Coast from a business travellers point of view. I am glad you found the facilities in the room fit your needs. We do have a loyal business following as we understand the needs of the business traveller; that friendly, effecient and well trained staff are indeed an asset and readily available services and location are important to you.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Amery Burleigh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
QT Gold Coast
QT Gold Coast
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach? Share your experiences!