Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aruba Surf Resort(Broadbeach)
  • Restaurant
Paradise Inn Motel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Gold Coast Inn(Surfers Paradise)
2,855 results
All reviewsbuffet breakfastaccor membermini barcorner roompillow menuocean viewgold coastshopping centrean upgradeper daysurfers paradisejupiters casinoacross the roadcar parkingpacific fairbonjourmonorail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I spent 3 days at this hotel and my room was on the 19th floor, I thought the rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. All rooms have a balcony and some kind of view, location was great and staff were helpful and courteous at the front desk. I agree with one of the reviewers comments that the wardrobe is very small and cramped to hang your clothes which is weird as the room is so big but have a very small wardrobe. My room water pressure in the bathroom basin was weak but the shower was excellent could not work this out. You have a great selection to choose from for breakfast, checking in for breakfast was slow 2 out of the three mornings and the service once you are seated is poor but great service from the chef cooking eggs and omelettes etc. Good hotel in terms of location and room.

1  Thank SCTC
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Bonjour SCTC,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast. I am glad you enjoyed the spacious, clean room, the views and the location-we agree it is the best location on the Gold Coast.

I would be interested in which room you were in so that we could look at the sink faucet, unless you reported this during your stay. You may call me directly on 07 5570 0324 if you would like.

We are still working very hard on weekends to handle the volume of guests with our restaurant annex closed due to storm damage. The good news is that the roof should be fixed by the end of May and we will no longer have waits for seating. My apologies that you have had the inconvenience of a wait at breakfast.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

On check in the young man that was first contact was extremely helpful and very polite.
Room had a beautiful view and was clean. Beds were very comfortable.
Quick on check out.
Overall experience was first rate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Bonjour KookyKaye,

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to the Gold Coast and we are glad you enjoyed our friendly ambassadors and our dreamy Sofitel MyBed.

I will pass on your compliment to Sam and Mitch, our two young men at the Front Desk, who are both delightful.

Thank you again!

Warm regards

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This Sofitel need a dose of invigoration! There are a number of great options on the Gold Coast now, and the Sofitel is being shaded by others. The biggest issue thay have is the constant, ongoing noise from the surrounding streets for those who select a room overlooking the beach (or what there is left of it!). Leaving balcony doors open was a challenge, and noise at night was quite disturbing. So disappointing, and perhaps not the hotel's fault. My wife and I will be choosing a quieter neighbourhood on our next visit.

Room Tip: Forget the beach and get a room on the opposite side......the view isn't worth it because of the noise

Bonjour geraldq,

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry you found the hotel to not be to your liking. I also appreciate your comments about the bussle of the Broadbeach area, as it can be a little noisy on weekends and if you are on a lower floor. Easy to rectify however with a request to a higher floor. The South side of the building is also a bit quieter and has lovely views down the coast towards Burleigh Heads.

You are correct in that the hinterland views are also beautiful and are wonderful for those who enjoy watching the sunset over the river and surrounding landscapes.

All the best to you.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business. The views are amazing. The staff are lovely. the location is terrific. My only concern has always been that if you arrive with anything more than an overnight bag, there is nowhere to store your clothes conveniently. One small hanging space with very few hangers. No drawers. Less space in this respect than any other 5 star hotel I have stayed in. I would actually challenge the 5 star rating, although i enjoy staying there

Bonjour RobbieRoo,

Thank you for your comments about your regular stays with us and I am sorry that we have not provided you with a reasonable solution to travelling with more than an overnight bag.

There are two pretty good sized, deep drawers underneath the luggage holder, so I am sorry that you missed these. My suggestion is for you to request an 03 or 14 series room as there is an extra work station and we can easily place a clothes rack there for you with as many hangers as you like. Please do not hesitate to request this when you next book.

Because this is an anonymous review, I am unable to update your profile with this information, but if you would like to contact me directly with your name, I am happy to update it for you.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

From the moment we walked in, the presentation and cleanliness of the hotel was outstanding, not to mention the friendly staff and service. We were also pleased with our ocean view room and how spacious it really was, expecting it to be smaller. The bistro and pool areas were very nice also. Where the hotel is located is good too: a lot of things are close by but not a great deal of attractions (if you're to compare it to Surfers), but there's a lot of nice restaurants and beach is within walking distance too. Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach. It was our first time there and we'd love to stay there again in the future!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bonjour PHR085,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast. We are so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. I will share your comments with the team as I know how much they enjoy hearing feedback from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon!