“Work”

Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Broadbeach
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed for a work conference. Good sized car parks, easy to navigate. Welcoming and friendly reception staff - all staff over the course of 2 days always had a willing smile. Rooms are clean (apart from somone's random hair on the wineglass-thankfully didn't use the wineglasses). Nice view from room, found aircon cooled down quick enough once back in the room. The beds were fantastic (pillows a little on soft side for my liking) however after a long day and evening (drinks) managed to have a fantastic sleep. Next door to Oasis shopping centre and monorail (takes you to the casino $3). Shops and bars/resturants across the road. Beach not far at all with the surf club right on the beach.

Room Tip: Maybe higher up floors more of a view of the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Bonjour Drewkez13,

Thank you for your thorough review of your recent stay for a conference at Sofitel Gold Coast. I am so sorry about the random hair and I will remind my housekeeping supervisors to look a little more closely. And good news for your next stay, we have a complete pillow menu - sorry you didn't see it on the bed head shelf, and we have plenty of more firm options.

The location and all that the hotel and Broadbeach have on offer make it an ideal destination for conference groups. Being a boutique style hotel we specialize in groups of under 250 so that we can focus on the group and all of their needs individually.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

For yo

Reviewed February 1, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there over new years eve for a couple of nights with 3 other friends. Main things I look for with accommodation is cleanseness & customer service. This place had them both. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013

Bonjour EmpressFuzzy,

Love your "handle"...thank you for your short and sweet review of your stay at Sofitel Gold Coast.
A clean and comfortable room, a great bed and friendly staff are the most important elements of a hotel stay and I am glad that you enjoyed these things here at Sofitel.

We look to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Had a few problems during our stay. One phone call and within minutes they are on to it. Had dealings with the duty manager who was professional and good at his job. Sometimes things go wrong, but its the way they dealt with it that impressed us. Front office manager must be a great trainer, her staff are great. Best club sandwich I have had from room service in years.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour Islandlife81,

Thank you for your honest and understanding review. Of course in a business that relies on human interaction to provide services, there is always room for error. I am pleased that Raffael was able to resolve your issue and I will pass onto him your appreciation at the manner in which he handled your situation.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Have stayed here several times and heading back in March. From the first bonjour at the check in to every little detail I find this hotel perfect. Have stayed in a Riverview room and Oceanview Room and both were just immaculate but obviously the ocean views are nicer. My daughter views this hotel as the best 5 star hotel she has stayed in and I tend to agree. We have never found fault with anything during both our stays, pool great, restaurant great, breakfast great, room great, location great, staff great. It is perfection and I cant wait to check in again in March this year

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Bonjour Tezza1965,

A very good year indeed! Thank you for your fantastic review and we are glad that you and your daughter both enjoy the hotel so much. We have a wonderful team at the hotel who genuinely take pride in the service they offer. Kinds words such as yours are further encouragement to them and I know how much they appreciate the time you took to share them.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in March.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Excellent stay at this hotel Started with Kate at reception and continued with the most comfortable bed. Got my contour pillow sent up with a top sheet and had great sleeps. Very quiet hotel. Couldn't hear the lifts or other noise. Love having a seperate shower instead of one over the bath. Views were superb of the ocean and surrounds. Had dinner at level three and again it was great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour Joanbt,

Thank you for your lovely review from your recent stay. I have passed onto to Kate at reception your comments and she was pleased that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you also for letting us know your preferences of a special pillow and top sheet as it easy to prepare the room and bed to your liking when we know what those preferences are.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed for one (1) night midweek in late January in the Classic River View Room. I booked on a "Summer Special" rate. This is the advance purchase rate which is not refundable, however it does mean that I got the very reasonable rate of $230 (including breakfast). If you are sure you will be travelling or are booking late, I would recommend this rate.

The hotel is well located. Five (5) to seven (7) minute walk from the beach, but away from the sleaze and drunken teenagers of Surfers Paradise. Decent food options are within a couple of minutes walk.

Check-in was reasonably warm and reasonably efficient. When I booked I asked for a higher room, and this request was granted. Their responsiveness to this request was impressive. We got the 21st floor, which I asked for since I find the GC can be noisy at at night time and a higher floor mitigates this problem. They took a bond when I checked-in, which annoyed me as I had already paid for my room.

This is the property's most basic room and it was solid, if unspectacular. This is to be expected in a hotel's most modest room. It does however come with a small balcony which is a a nice touch, and not that common in Australian hotels. I enjoyed a view of the canals, the Treasury Casino, the Monorail and the pool. The next room up offers views of the beach. The room was perfectly functional, although the air conditioning turned off when I left the room, meaning it was hot when I returned. Room 2115 was tastefully decorated and spotless. Oddly, there is no toothbrush and toothpaste in the room. However, it was no trouble to get them from reception. The bed was exceptionally comfortable, however the lights from the street prevent real darkness.

The pools are not huge, but they are well maintained and nicely appointed. Despite their modest size, they were only busy once during my several swims. The heated pool is an impressive 2.2 metres in depth which is a refreshing change from most hotel pools. The pool was clean, but not as spotless as the room. As the website indicates, the hotel isn't a resort like the Marriott or Sheraton offerings. During the evening, friends and I were swimming and in the spa. Despite the drinks service having officially ended, the staff still accepted our drinks orders. Their flexibility was appreciated.

Playing tennis is enjoyable, the hotel provided several high quality balls and even someone as hopeless as me couldn't lose a ball. However, we did ask for water to sent up to us and this never eventuated.

Breakfast is typical hotel fare, albeit with fresher pastries and a faster eggs service than the norm.

I forgetfully locked myself out of my safe, however reception quickly sent a gentleman up to fix it and the issue was resolved in less than ten (10) minutes. However, the wait at reception was almost ten (10) minutes. For this reason I used the express checkout, for which I am yet to recieve a reciept for. They use regular mail, surely e-mail would be faster and cheaper.I'm not a member, but this hotel does not participate in the Accor loyalty program.

Self-parking is cheap ($15) but for some reason the machine didn't ask for payment when we left, so it was free.

All in all a very solid Broadbeach option. Nothing particularly memorable, but certainly no problems either.

Room Tip: A higher floor means less noise, important for the Gold Coast.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Bonjour Brisbaneaustralia,

Thank you for your nice, comprehensive and thorough review of your stay with us earlier this month. I am pleased to see you took advantage of one of our Summer special rates as it makes the stay that much more enjoyable.

We do accept the Accor Advantage Plus card for special discounts on rooms and up to 50% off your meals in the hotel. For our loyal LeCLub members, we do offer the same value in Qantas Frequent Flyer points and we are always happy to offer these retroactively.

I am glad to see you enjoyed the facilities around the hotel and enjoyed our freshly baked pastries and our talented egg chefs, whose sole mission seems to be to make the fastest most delicious eggs possible with a smile. I am however sorry that the water you requested for the tennis courts didn't make it. I will follow up with that comment and see how we can better improve our communication.

Thank you again for your extensive review, I will share it with the team in an effort to find even more ways to improve our guest's experience.

Amery Burleigh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
QT Gold Coast
QT Gold Coast
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach? Share your experiences!