“Stayed at hotel for a conference”

Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Canberra, Australia
“Stayed at hotel for a conference”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Lovely hotel, only one street back from beach. Hotel is on top of a shopping centre that has Woolies, coffee shops etc. Hotel is right in the middle of a restaurant area with many, many restaurants to choose from. Restaurants vary in price from budget to very expensive and there are many varieties to choose from eg. Thai, Chinese, Nandos, Turkish.

Conference facilities are very good especially the fact that they overlook the pools!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sportsnut65
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Bonjour Sportsnut65,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your conference. The Broadbeach Room, overlooking the pool is indeed a beautiful and inspiring spot for a conference, and a very popular venue.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Amery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Entered the hotel with high expectations, having stayed at many other fantastic Sofitels around the world, and overall, the Broadbeach location did not dissapoint.

Stayed in a King Spa Corner suite on the 18th floor. Upon check in, we were offered to upgrade to a Suite, however we declined, but I did appreciate the offer. This room had a good size balcony with ocean views.

The proximity to the restaurants and bars of Broadbeach and the beach is excellent, and as a result we did not eat in the hotel. I found it hard paying $38p.p. for the buffet breakfast when there is so much on offer nearby.

The bed was to die for and was like sleeping on a cloud, but the spa was on the smallish side - certainly wouldn't go any smaller for a two person spa.

Service on check in and the various staff we saw around was excellent and very friendly.

The pool and spa was good however given its location to the beach, that was a much better offer. Nearby is a BWS and Woolworths.

Having stayed at Peppers Broadbeach at Oracle, my advice would be if its just a couple, stay at Sofitel. If it is a group, get a 2 or 3 bedroom at Oracle.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour Brissietraveller83,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay and the recommendation for couples to enjoy a stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the many popular aspects of the hotel and you stayed in one of my favourite room types with the double balcony and beautiful views down the coast to Burleigh Heads.

I am glad to hear you headed to the beach as the weather lately has been calling our guests to enjoy the surf and sand.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great location,surrounded by plenty of cafes,etc.Casino is a short trip via the monorail.Staff are very pleasant and nothing seemed to much trouble.Rooms are very comfortable and clean, good size with lovely balcony for watching the sun rise or set.The bed was devine! Only disappointing part of my stay was breakfast, for $38 I expected much more.Tasteless sloppy scrambled eggs ( only type of eggs available ), luke warm bacon & sausages - yuk! baked beans looked unimpressive...very small selection of pastries.Good selection of breads,muffins,etc for toasting.Lovely fresh fruit...but all in all not worth 38.00 so I would suggest trying one of the many many cafes surrounding the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bonjour Tripii,

Thank you for the very nice review of your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your room and the services offered.

I am however disappointed to hear that you did not find value for the breakfast offering. We do have a chef on each morning who makes any kind of eggs you like, from poached to omlettes. I am sorry that you did not realize this was on offer. We will share your feedback with the breakfast chefs to ensure they make their services known.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is in a great location in Broadbeach. One block from the beach, right at the monorail that takes you to Casino. Lots of restaurants and coffee shops around.The rooms are very comfortable and amenities are all good but don't go during V8 cars weekend as prices skyrocket.
I would stay here again but only at regular rates!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael R
Bonjour Alpphagemini,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Sofitel Gold Coast. The hotel is indeed in a great location with just about everything you could want from a beach destination within a stone's throw.

You are correct in that the weekend of the V8 supercars the coast books quickly and without prior planning, rates can be higher. We always suggest planning as far in advance as possible as you are bound to get better rates. You may also call us directly at any time if you would like to check for any last minute opportunities - you never know!

We hope to see you again soon.

Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is well positioned right on the main mall in Broadbeach. Easy access to shops,great selection of dining venues and monorail over to the casino if desired.
The rooms were stylish and comfortable but not luxurious. The balcony overlooked the mall (interesting people watching) and also had good ocean views.
Difficult to sleep in as the drapes were not heavy enough to block out the strong early morning sun.
The room was not cleaned until at least mid afternoon on three out of four days we stayed and we were on the top (priority?) floor.

Room Tip: Would advise paying the extra to get the ocean view rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Bonjour fmjjb,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay and I am glad you were able to enjoy the destination and people watching, which can indeed be entertaining on a busy and warm evening. I am disappointed to hear that your room was serviced so late as this is fairly unusual unless we are quite busy. On your return visit, please just let reception know that you prefer to have your room serviced in the morning, or at a time that suits you.

On a positive note, we are in the process of replacing our current drapes with proper block out curtains and this will definitley help those who prefer a nice sleep in.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Very large spacious ocean view room
Huge bathroom with shower and bath
Very clean and well appointed
Amazing selection of awesome pillows
Very nice sea views
... not absolute waterfront but only 1.5 blocks form the beach

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bonjour TRAVELSfromBRISBANE,

Thank you for the glowing, short and sweet review of the Sofitel Gold Coast. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you enjoyed the beach - it has been spectacular lately with all of this gorgeous weather!

We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I should first point out that I have stayed at this hotel a few times and on the last occassion I noticed a drop in service. Little things I must admit but it was a sign. I stayed in the King Luxury Spa. I don't know if it had changed management but it didn't have the level of service I have enjoyed previously. Outdated bar fridge food is common in hotels but I hadn't experienced it before.

Lack of toiletteries was another issue and if you asked I received a "surprised" response. Missing kettle was another. As I said little things but their service has always previously been excellent.

Breakfast was nowhere near the standard I expected and received previously. Not very inspiring.

As the title suggests I gave them my Qantas FF membership details and 6 months later and 4 followup emails I still haven't received anything. Every email had a reply apologising and promising it would be resolved. Now you might think I am being picky but the issue I have is that it's not that hard to fix the problem especially after 4 attempts. If they can't get it right and my experience at the hotel suggested reduction in quality then........You can decide.

Location is great and views from room are terrific. Just not sure if I will get the service I have received previously.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank James B
Bonjour James B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay and the trouble you were having getting your Qantas frequent flyer points. I am disappointed to hear that you felt the service levels had fallen and that this was followed by the inconvenience of trying to get your points. The Accor hotel group has a centralized frequent flyer point management system and unfortunately, sometimes the delays are longer than most would like. I trust you have now been rewarded your points.

With regards to the missing details in your room, please accept my most sincere apologies as this is certainly not our normal standard. We have a very stable team in housekeeping and when we discussed your feedback they were disappointed in their lack of attention to your room and also send their apologies. Please know that your feedback helped us to remind the team how important the attention to details is in our business.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our property and I would personally look after your booking should you like to return. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Amery
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach
#1 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
#12 of 32 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach? Share your experiences!