“Great bed. Great night sleep.”

Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Broadbeach
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Sofitel is located in a great position. If you don't want to enjoy their awesome buffet dinner (I highly recommend that you do) you have a great selection of restaurants right outside the door. A quick stroll will lead you to the beach via a shopping mall.
The rooms are great. The beds are awesome and you sink into them like a snugly cocoon. The products they supplied in the bathroom were Roger & Gallet in a luxurious orange fragrance.
The Sofitel do their best to ensure a comfortable stay. The buffet breakfast was good but I much preferred the buffet dinner owing to the yummy selection of sweets!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TracyTas
Write a ReviewReviews (2,829)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have been staying at your hotel for years and years and this is the first time that I will say I wish we had stayed somewhere else. We had only just checked into the hotel and I was laying on the bed and my wife had just stepped out of the shower and we were talking through the open bathroom door. There was a knock at the door and then in walked one of your staff to check the mini bar, my wife didn't even have time to close the bathroom door or cover up. I really don't see whe the mini bar needed checking, or topping up, if we had only just checked in! We only received an apology when my wife spoke with the duty manager the next day and I must say it wasn't really much of an apology for the embarrassment this caused my wife to be walked in on by a stranger to see her fully naked.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Bonjour traveller,

Thank you for your comment about your recent stay with us, and I am so sincerely sorry to hear about the mistake our mini bar team member made in not waiting for a response before opening the door. This is certainly not our normal standard and I sincerely hope this experience has not tarnished your view of Sofitel Gold Coast.

We have used your feedback in our training so that the team understand how important it is to follow our standard procedures. In the future, please feel free to use the Do Not Disturb sign while you are in the room as this further ensures your privacy.

Please know that the entire mini-bar team are sorry for this mistake and for the embarrassment this has caused.

Warm regards,
Amery Burleigh

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very friendly & helpful, thought it might be a bit posh to take kids but it was great. Stayed in a 1 bedroom with 2 double beds, plenty of space for a family of four for a couple of nights.

Great spot right above shops and restaurants and stones throw to beach.

Would definately go there again.

Bonjour rmasonelectrical,

Thank you for your nice review of your recent stay with us, and we are glad you brought the family. The rooms do have plenty of space for 2 adults and 2 children sharing a double bed, and we love sharing the Sofitel experience with families!

We warmly welcome families all the time and make sure we have special items on the breakfast and dinner buffet for kids of all ages including a make your own pancake station with a variety of toppings and a chocolate fountain and lollie station for dinner.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Warm regards,
Amery Burleigh

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night in an ocean view room. The view is really more over Broadbeach shops and cafes, with ocean glimpses, I'm not sure that I would specifically bother to pay the extra for ocean view here. However the ocean view room wasn't noisy at all, even on a Saturday night.

The bed was very soft and comfy ( although those who like hard beds may not like them). Also really nice cushions, and other nice touches throughout the room and bathroom such as dried flowers.

Hotel was good for a one night stay & quite sophisticated, however there wasn't much privacy on the balcony as so visible to Broadbeach precinct. So for longer holidays I still prefer the comfort and greater level of privacy of the Marriott resort.

Room Tip: Pick ocean view if you want a quieter room, however bear in mind the views of ocean may only be glim...
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Hotel is within walking distance to the main street with a lot of restaurants and café’s. A large shopping centre is attached to the hotel complex, which is inclusive of a supermarket. Walking distance to Convention Centre and a little sky train that goes to the Casino or you could walk, the beach is also within walking distance.

I had a room that overlooked the ocean. The room was well appointed and very comfortable, there is nothing else you need. It was great to have a balcony to step out and get some fresh air. The bed was extremely comfortable and cozy.

Only pain points for me: No wireless included in room and while my room was located away from the front of the lift, it was at the back of the lifts and I heard lift noises all day and night. I would not hesitate to stay here again when on the Gold Coast

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel is in a great central location. Walking distance to shops, fabulous restaurants, mins to the beach and about 8 mins walk to Pacific Fair. The staff are very professional and friendly. The rooms are very well appointed with trendy decor. The only pitfall for me was the noise from the highway and front of the hotel, we were on the 10th floor and found it hard to sleep.. Also the lifts constantly played up when more the one person swiped their security card. A little disappointing for such a high profile hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean side are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
2 mi away
Peppers Soul
Peppers Soul
#1 of 33 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach? Share your experiences!