“Excellent & lives up to the rating”
Review of Verve - CLOSED

Verve
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Verve Restaurant is an Award Winning Restaurant at Broadbeach Waters on the Gold Coast serving Modern Australian cuisine. It is an intimate restaurant seating approximately 40 pax and is where the locals go - a hidden treasure! Verve has an exciting wine list and has received a glass rating from Gourmet Traveller the past two years and has also been awarded a Chefs Hat three years in a row. Bookings are recommended particularly on the weekends as it is a popular destination.
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food, professional service and great setting in the gold coast away from the touristy areas. We had the degustation and it was amazing. Every dish unique and well balanced. Highly recommended and would return in a heartbeat!

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Just had a great lunch, we had the Steak and the pan fried Barramundi!
Service was excellent and price was not expensive at all. The restaurant only seats 40 so book first. Would recommend.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I recently went to Verve with my wife for dinner and we had a really top food experience.

Entree scallop and duck tortellini were both superb. The duck in particular was mouth watering: a really excellent dish. Mr wife's steak was cooked to perfection and while not the most tender piece of meat it was full of flavour. My slow braised pork cheek was pull apart tender and the crackling was crackling good. Unfortunately there was little if any sauce served with it and it was consequently a bit dry and taking away from what was otherwise a great dish.

I had the peanut mousse with salted caramel ice cream. Well I had some of it until my wife tasted it and I surrendered it to her to finish off. It was a lovely combo of flavours and texture. The vanilla cream brûlée was nice but not to my wife's liking. I, on the other hand, really liked the light treatment with no custard firmness.

Service was good but nothing special and the location is nothing to talk about. All in all though I thought this was the best restaurant we have ever been too at the Gold Coast by a country mile (well until our next night at Social which is the subject of my next review).

Reviewed December 25, 2013

What a absolute find on the Gold Coast. Only blocks away from the Broadbeach precinct but far enough to feel like you are in your own world. We were greeted by Shelley (the owner) she is so welcoming, it is as if she is welcoming you into her own home. The Food is absolutely delicious! We started with oysters and we couldn't choose so we had some of each of the natural, tempura and champagne granita - Sensational! And the scallops are very good too. The mains were divine from the market fish (which was salmon) to the ballotine of chicken and the eye fillet (cooked to perfection). We ordered 4 desserts so that we could all share as we didn't want to miss out on tasting any of them. The wine menu is very surprising, clearly Shelley has a great knowledge of wine and we were guided by her and extremely happy with her recommendation. Next time we will order the degustation, at $89 for 6 courses and for that quality of food and service, we cannot wait to return. If you haven't already been to Verve I highly recommend it!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

From making our reservation to finalising the bill, our total experience was just tops. The restaurant was quaint & very romantic. The service from both wait staff was exceptional. The wine selection was excellent & the meals were amazing! Even the coffees & tea at the end of our meal were perfect. We will return. Overall, a truly memorable dining experience.