“The best place to stay on the Gold Coast!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peppers Broadbeach

Peppers Broadbeach
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Newcastle, Australia
“The best place to stay on the Gold Coast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here for a week over Christmas. We paid the extra for a 2 bedroom premium ocean view room in tower 1 on a higher floor - definitely worth the extra money!! The views from every room were amazing (we were on level 27). The kitchen was well equipped, rooms very clean and there is ample room for a family. I could not fault the accommodation or service. We highly recommend booking directly through Peppers, rooms are serviced daily and staff excellent. There is a Woolworths and BWS across the road in Oasis shopping centre so very handy to stock the kitchen. We only made breakfasts as I was on holidays and wanted to relax. There are hundreds of restaurants within a very short walk, the furthest we every walked was only a block or two away as there we many very high quality restaurants close by. Across the road in the beach and very large playground for the kids to play. We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: Pay the money for the guaranteed premium ocean view room in tower 1 (nearest the ocean).
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
juliette_meek, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Colchelle,

Thank you for providing your valued feedback regarding your recent stay with us. From your very positive comments, I am delighted to hear you & your family enjoyed your stay & we were able to make your important & well deserved family holiday special, this really means a lot to our team.

We were equally pleased you all found our fantastic team very warm, friendly & accommodating, as we go to great lengths to ensure we employ people with passion towards taking care of our guests, by personalizing their stay & going the extra mile to look after your needs to ensure you have a great memorable stay with us. It was also good to hear you found both our complex & your apartment perfectly located within the heart of Broadbeach & in outstanding condition as along with our friendly team, cleanliness, presentation & attention to detail is something we take great pride in.

Once again Colchelle, thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers, we look forward to welcoming you & your family back to Peppers Broadbeach in the future & meeting you personally. Until then we again wish you & your family all the very best for the year ahead.

Kind regards,

Craig Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lane Cove, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

We booked the premium ocean view room in the front tower thinking it would be a step up on the room we stayed in last year however it was not. Although a very nice room with great views, the layout was nowhere near as family friendly. For instance, the parents bedroom faces directly on to living area so when the kids came out to the lounge room in the morning (circa 6am) we were invariably woken - the unit was not as large either -so when booking next time we will ask for the layout where the corridor from the living area leads to the children's bedroom and then to the parents room at the rear.

The incident that disappointed us the most was when on the first morning following our arrival we noticed something protruding from under our young sons hotel pillow and on closer inspection we saw it was a pair of men's shorts. Upon phoning the front office they seemed disinterested until I placed the shorts in a bag and took them personally to the front office in the other tower. The next day we received an apology card stating that the matter was being investigated and that we would be advised of the outcome. The front office manager also sent some chocolates and a bottle of wine- all very lovely - however upon checking out nothing was said and we have heard nothing since so who knows whether the owner and their shorts have been re-united. The hygiene aspect is a very real issue so I hope that systems have been put in place to prevent this from happening again.

Furthermore, be very careful in the games room downstairs. We lost money in most games including the chocolate vending machine.(due to faulty coin acceptors). Finally, the air conditioner intermittently expelled a foul smell and we politely made mention of it to the cleaning staff who said that they will pass it on

Don't get me wrong, I still like this place and the staff and location are great however I must report the facts.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank rockriva
Dear Rockriva,

First & foremost, please accept my sincerest thanks for providing your valued feedback regarding your stay with us in October last year. We were disappointed & sorry to hear we let you down regarding certain aspects of your stay, however are very grateful you brought this to our attention so we can address these shortfalls for when you & your family return to stay with us again.

In saying this, it was very kind & thoughtful of you to recognize the positive aspects of your stay including our great location & our warm & friendly team.

Please be assured we did investigate the issue with the men’s shorts & can advise your valued feedback was addressed directly with our Executive Housekeeper, with a view of further improving on any shortfalls as we absolutely should have picked this up prior to releasing the room for our guests to occupy. We hope that you will see this as an isolated incident which falls well short of our usual very high cleanliness & presentation standards. With regards to the Ocean Premium apartment, please kindly be advised whilst each of our apartment types may vary in design layout, they are categorized based on their amount of bedrooms contained within & the view aspect of each specific apartment, therefore you are right in pointing out that some apartments may have bedrooms located in differing locations being closer or further away from the living area, all of which our guests are very welcome to request we consider on their behalf when assigning an apartment for their stay & based on availability we will always do our best to accommodate all requests.

Rockriva, our guest’s feedback is our ultimate one true measure to benchmark our facilities & services, so any suggestions on how we can further improve your experience is most certainly always very welcomed & taken on board.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations this time around. We look forward to welcoming you & the family back with us again next time on the Coast where I would like to meet & greet you personally. Until then we again wish you & your family all the very best for the year ahead.

Kind regards,

Craig Smith
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Having stayed at the Meriton previously, I knew I wanted to give Peppers a go this time simply because it looked better not because I had any issues with the Meriton. So I booked on a deal, requested a 2 bedroom apartment based on Trip Advisor feedback and hoped for the best.

We were not disappointed - the service was exceptional and the room was lovely, everything you could want or need, very clean, modern, spacious with a great sea view. I had been offered (at an additional cost) an upgrade to a Premium Ocean View but on checking in was advised that we should go and see if we were happy with the room we had been allocated. There was absolutely no need to upgrade as we had a full ocean view so we appreciated their honesty in not trying to fleece us. :)

Everything you could possibly want is within a very short stroll - restaurants, cafes, beach, shopping, Pacific Fair - everything. Having parking, wifi and lots of in-room movies included in the price was also great. The pool was clean and the kids had lots of fun but lets be honest, no-one goes to the Gold Coast to sit around a hotel swimming pool all day!

Importantly for me, there was peace and quiet in the evening, no noise from neighbouring rooms and an enforced opening/closing time for using the pool. The housekeeping staff were very helpful and we always had an abundance of fresh towels for the beach.

There's only one thing that I would point out, not because I'm being picky but because, as much as I love my husband and there is very little that we don't share with one another..... the huge glass window into the bathroom, right next to the bed was not a feature I would personally choose to have in my bedroom. And I'm not just talking sinks and the (very lovely) bath, we're talking the toilet as well. Imagine relaxing on the bed after a busy day at the beach to then roll over and see your beloved partner sat on the toilet.... Like I've said, I'm no prude and I'm also not one for nit-picking but this really is not, in anyway, romantic, relaxing or what I would consider to be 'normal'. The shower is also all glass with 100% full visibility within the bedroom - I nearly jumped out of my skin when my five year old banged on the glass from the bedroom as I was washing out the shampoo! So my advice would be to check that you don't have this added feature in the room you book, unless of course that kind of thing works for you! ;)

All in all, an outstanding property with a company that is trying really hard to provide the best level of service. Considering that this all comes at a reasonably affordable price, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Peppers as the place to stay with your family if you're not the Surfers Paradise kind of people.

Room Tip: Tower 1 mid-level (so you don't have to pay a Premium for exactly the same room just a few floor...
1 Thank Raejmorrison
juliette_meek, Front Office Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Raejmorrison,

Thank you so much for providing a detailed review of what sounds like a great family holiday away on the Gold Coast! I am delighted to read that the children enjoyed all the facilities and features that we offer such as the complimentary wifi, parking and in-room movies as well the pools and all the restaurants, bars and shops that can be found on our doorstep.

In relation to the glass window in the bathroom this is a design feature of the building when it was built and the majority of our rooms have a privacy blind to enable guests to pull down when required. As all of our rooms are privately owned we are encouraging the remainder of our owners to install this feature based on recent guest feedback.

Thank you so much again for providing valuable feedback for future guest's stays, I hope that we get to welcome you back again soon to Peppers Broadbeach.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We spent 4 night at Peppers Broadbeach, from 9 – 13 December 2013 in a two bedroom premium ocean suite in Tower 1.

Staff were professional , friendly and helpful from the first minute. The check-in and check-out process was a great experience.

The suite was more that five star, and the view was fantastic.

I strongly recommend this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
juliette_meek, Front Office Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear SATraveller96,

What a great review and I am most pleased to read that it seems the staff were a stand out in making your stay a most enjoyable one.

I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and you enjoyed the beautiful views and amazing location in such close proximity to the beach, dining and shopping.

I hope to see you again soon on the sunny Gold Coast.

Warm regards,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Superb service appartments with everything one needs for a couple of weeks staying at Gold-Coast. Conveniently located near beach, shopping malls, restaurants, but still enough quietness and privacy. Did not miss anything!

1 Thank Go-Ma-Tin
Dear Go-Ma-Tin,

Thank you for the great review of our property! I am so pleased to read you found our apartments to have everything you needed and the location to be so convenient. With the beach, restaurants and shopping so close by many of our guests do not take their car out of the carpark for the whole duration of their stay!

I hope to see you again soon when you visit Peppers Broadbeach.

PERTH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Staff were attentive and helpful from the moment I stepped onto the property. Helpful, friendly, professional and warm. The reception staff made the check-in and check-out process seemless. There were different staff on different days and they all exceeded my expectations. I love great customer service!

Beautiful foyer and lifts. Hardly any wait time for the lifts. I stayed in the main reception tower. Such a clean and well maintained resort. Room was stunning with ocean glimpses even from the non-ocean view room. Great to have foxtel and wifi. My one bedroom apartment was so spacious even with a walk in robe, two balconies and a beautiful bathroom with double basins, full sized bath, separate shower etc.

Only downfall was the roadworks going on around Pacific Highway. This is of course no fault of Peppers.

Beach was amazing. Love the water and location. Pacific Fair Shopping Centre was a 10 minute walk or a 1 min cab ride.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank missimelli
Dear Missimelli,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of Peppers Broadbeach. I am glad you found each and every staff member exceeded your expectations, we love great customer service too and strive to ensure every guest experiences our true Peppers hospitality.

I am delighted to hear you really enjoyed the room and facilities of the property and managed to fit both the beach and the shops into your holiday! I certainly hope we get to welcome you back to Peppers Broadbeach again soon.

Warm regards,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed at Peppers Broadeach from 5 – 9 December 2013 in a one bedroom suite in Tower 2.

This is a brief rundown of things we loved and didn’t love about the hotel and our stay overall.

The Good

- Lovely spacious room, well-appointed fixtures, immaculately clean

- Water views (despite the fact that it wasn’t an ‘ocean view’ suite)

- Excellent facilities – beautiful pool, private cinema, Zen Garden

- (mostly) friendly staff – who greet you when you enter and leave the Hotel. One new ‘trainee’ in particular was outstanding – she had an American accent and was definitely a highlight.

- Outstanding location – close to heaps of restaurants, the beach, Jupiters, public transport, Pacific Fair

The Highlights:-

- Pillow Menu! I wasn’t a fan of the high profile pillows on the bed so I called reception and housekeeping brought a selection of alternatives for me to try!

- The BBQ facilities – made use of these twice in the Zen Garden.

- Private Cinema – this was awesome. Booked it twice and sat back and relaxed with food and drinks.

- The quality of the fittings in the room – Miele appliances, nice touches here and there which really went a long way

The ‘Not so” Good

- If you like a bit of shade when laying by the pool, you will be hard pressed to find it during the day. There are no umbrellas or shade facilities apart from the bbq area. Not a big issue but could be a concern for those who need a break from the heat

- The phone in the room was not wired properly. We were trying to contact reception by pushing the ‘reception’ button but it wouldn’t work. We couldn’t find any instructions in the room regarding any shortcuts to call reception so it warranted a trip downstairs to find out that ‘dialling 9’ would contact the desk. Again, not a big deal but it was a bit frustrating at the beginning.

- Staff – a couple of the staff (I noted “Ian’s name tag) really let themselves and the team down with their abrasive attitudes and inability to be flexible. Definitely could have left the attitude at the door before starting work.

The “Hotel Transfer” Incident

Given that this trip was a surprise for my partner, I wanted it to be a real treat by organising a private car to pick us up from the airport when we arrived at OOL. I contacted Peppers 2 days before checking in and asked if they did hotel transfers. They responded by referring to their ‘preferred provider’ which was Hughes Limosines and advised that I respond to the hotel if I wanted to book a transfer. I responded and confirmed the booking with the flight number and approximate time of arrival and received a booking confirmation from Peppers.

On the day of the flight (5/12/13) there was a 1.5 hour delay leaving Melbourne Airport. I rang Peppers directly and advised reception (I believe it was Ian ) that the flight would be delayed and to pass the message on to the limo. Ian said that it wouldn’t be a problem and thanked me for letting them know in advance.

Arrived at OOL 1.5 hours late as expected and as advised. There was no one from Hughes waiting to pick us up, We searched the whole terminal for ‘the person holding the sign’ and at thethe pick up point but there was no one to be found. Frustrated at this point given that the flight was late, I contacted Peppers and advised that no one had come to collect us. Ian was apologetic on the phone and said that we should just jump in cab and Peppers would wear the cost and take the issue up with Hughes. Great – problem resolved (although a little disappointing). BUT….

We arrived at Peppers and hopped out of the cab. I approached the concierge and said that peppers had agreed to pay for the cab. The concierge advised that there had been ‘developments’ in that regard and that I was to pay for the cab. I approached the front counter and spoke with Ian (meanwhile the cab is left waiting). Ian advised that he spoke with Hughes who confirmed that they had been waiting at the airport (clearly they were either not there or not anywhere visible) and that there was a dispute regarding whether or not they would refund the limo booking. I told Ian that there was no way I was paying for a service which Peppers had organised but it’s “preferred’ company had failed to provide. Ian said that I would have to pay for the limo if Hughes refused to waive the fee. Again, I made it quite clear that I was not going to pay for that service and told Ian that we would sort it out later (it was late, we just wanted to go to bed) so Ian went and paid for the cab.

Each day thereinafter, I checked with someone behind the front desk and asked if the limo charge had been removed. Each time, a different staff member said that it was still being investigated and that ‘they have this problem with Hughes quite often’. Interesting given that Hughes is their ‘preferred’ provider. At the time of checking out, I was advised that Hughes had waived the fee (good news, but so they should!) BUT….I still had to pay for the taxi fare ($49.00) despite the fact that Ian assured me that Peppers would wear the cost.

As I had to rush to the airport to get my return flight home, I was in no position to argue the point on the spot. However, I am quite annoyed that Peppers offered no compensation for the failed limo booking (regardless of whether or not it was their fault – it was their referral company which failed) and still insisted that I pay for the cap (which Ian said would be borne by Peppers).

Overall – not a great way to start or end the trip on that note.

Overall

Despite the above, the experience was good and we would recommend Peppers to other travellers. If you are interested in hotel transfers, steer clear of Hughes and don’t expect Peppers to come in to bat for you when you put your trust in them to look after that aspect of your trip.

Julian and Matt

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Julian P
juliette_meek, Front Office Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Julian P,

Thank you for your detailed review of Peppers Broadbeach and I am so pleased to read about all the highlights of your stay, especially the well appointed rooms, facilities and staff that made your stay most comfortable.

In regards to the hotel transfer, I thank you for the opportunity to speak to you personally about this incident following your departure and to allow me to take care of the taxi charge for you. As discussed this certainly was an isolated incident and myself and my staff sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or confusion caused due to this. Peppers Broadbeach and Hughes Limousines share a solid relationship and together will be working towards putting procedures in place to ensure no further incidents like this will occur.

Thank you once again for providing valuable feedback for both myself and future travelers to the Gold Coast, I look forward to welcoming you back to Peppers Broadbeach again soon.

Juliette Meek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach
Nirvana By The Sea
Nirvana By The Sea
#1 of 12 in Coolangatta
Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast

Been to Peppers Broadbeach? Share your experiences!