“Winter Break”
Review of Peppers Broadbeach

Peppers Broadbeach
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Broadbeach
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We found the Peppers experience from booking to check out to be very professional and customer service focused.. From the initial inquiry of a phone call and three emails our requirements we totally met.
We had read a review of an acquaintance who gave us some pointers in regard to what to book.
1 Bedroom, Tower 1, Ocean View, level 15.Marvelous.
We had a call halfway through our stay to see if we had any issues etc.I did mention we were looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate a birthday, and were given a couple of very good options..
Next day we received a nice bottle of French Bubbles from reception.That was a nice gesture.
We will be back..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike M
juliette_meek, Front Office Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Mike M,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of Peppers Broadbeach! I am delighted to hear you experienced the true Peppers hospitality and service that we have become known for throughout Australia.

I sincerely hope we get to welcome you back again soon to escape another cold New Zealand winter!

Warm regards,

Juliette Meek

Write a ReviewReviews (3,272)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Like most travellers on this site I have stayed in many hotels all over the world – and dozens on the Gold Coast.
When researching my long overdue 5 day escape I came across Peppers. How could I go wrong? All the reviews were AMAZING! I simply had to stay here to see what all the fuss was about.
Sadly – my 5 day holiday was SO SO disappointing. I really did try to love it but it was one of those hotels that it was just one little problem after another.
I thought maybe all these hiccups were because it was a new hotel – but seems its been there for at least a year or two. Long enough to work out the bugs.
Usually it would take a lot to bother me (hey - as long as Im by the pool and the sun is shining how bad could life be?!) but when there’s NUMEROUS little problems – my 5 day trip quickly turned into daily complaints and sheer exhaustion!
To start with – the unit above me leaked into my apartment – short circuiting the wiring, drenching parts of the carpet and dirtying the bathroom so I asked to be moved. This was obviously not the fault of the hotel but the maintenance guys seems more apologetic than management. I also got the feeling that relocating me to another room was a pain for the hotel when it was subtlety suggested to me that perhaps I should stay in my water soaked room rather than the “hassle of moving rooms”. Umm – No. They did offer me a bottle of champagne to make up for the inconvenience which I declined. They also paid for the first nights mini-bar expenses.
BUT – this was just the start of my problems at Peppers.
PROS – Very modern apartments and fittings, great location – surrounded by great bars, restaurants and the beach. Great facilities inside the hotel – games room etc.
CONS – The elevator and room swipe keys constantly failed, power to both my units failed (according to the staff seems the units often have problems with the power switch going) so no TV, no fridge, no coffee machine, the safe in my 2nd unit didn’t work and needed the batteries changed, the swimming pool at the first tower has ZERO shade - No trees or umbrellas. The pool at the 2nd tower was completely overshadowed by the building itself so no sun at all. The windows also make a cracking noise in the morning when youre trying to sleep in. Its obviously them heating up but Ive never heard that in other hotel units. Its kind of annoying. The balconies are also small.
Honestly – by the end of it – I didn’t want to complain because I was annoying myself – let alone the staff there.
By all means – stay here if the little things like power supply and key access failure dont bother you.
BUT – my suggestion – book into one of the other OLDER apartments in Broadbeach. It might not be as fancy as this place but you can get better views, bigger apartments, bigger balconies and at least you wont pull your hair out wondering which next thing is about to go wrong. For a quick 5 day holiday that i was in desperate need of - it just wasn’t worth the stress.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Lis_from_Sydney
PBBGeneralManager, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Lis_from_Sydney,

Thank you for your detailed of your recent stay with us.

I am aware of your situation and am so sorry that the resident flooding their sink above your suite impacted on your stay.

I have spoken to Chris my Assistant Manager on the situation and how he handles it. I am sorry you felt he was rather apathetic about the situation. Chris is a very cool, calm and collected person, and I am sorry his approach was interpreted as not being alarmed. Having worked with Chris for a while now I am sure his intentions were in the right place and will work with his on developing in this area so the wrong perception is not portrayed.

My front Office Manager Juliette Meek is going to be in touch with you to see if we can make up the shortfalls on this stay to you.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a great time at the Peppers Broadbeach - a really good hotel for a family. Good facilities, very handy to everything and good service throughout. We all enjoyed the facilities and rooms. Be sure to book the movie room - take a favorite DVD or hire one locally or from the front desk. Overall a great environment.

Room Tip: There are two towers (one closer to the beach and one further away) - ask which tower you are being...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
PBBGeneralManager, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Bradley W,

Thank you so much for the 5 stars!

I really appreciate you taking the time to tell fellow travellers of your experience with us. I am sure this assists them when choosing where they should stay when visiting the Gold Coast.

I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed in tower 1 in a one bedroom ocean view room and it was very good. We were on the 7th floor and I think if we were any lower the view would not have been great. Room was spacious, well fitted out except for the wireless Internet which was useless. It logged you out after 2 minutes. But I was on holidays so not a bad thing I suppose

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Raj J,

Thank you so much for providing this feedback of your recent experience at Peppers Broadbeach.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities met your expectations.

I am sorry that you seemed to experience Wi Fi issues. This certainly is not a common occurrence. When this does happen generally a quick re-boot of the system will remedy this. I do hope that if you reported this issue that this was rectified immediately.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is your typical Aussie family holiday accommodation.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom ocean view apartment on the 13 floor.

The apartment was modern with all the amenities you need for a weeks stay. master bedroom and en suite spacious . Second bedroom twin beds bit small but sufficient for our needs.

The room could have been cleaned better before we arrived and during our stay, however on a whole the apartments are better than others I have stayed in over the years in the GC.

2 pools spas and game room for the kids, all adequate. But the smell! Gross

We spent most of our time at the beach which is just across the road.

Close to all restaurants and a supermarket. Walking distance to everywhere and buses one rods away to take you to movie world etc.

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ocean view high level tower 1
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Melanie S

Dear Mel2627,

Thank you so much for contributing this review to our Trip Advisor forum. I really believe the more reviews we have the more future guests know what to expect when staying with us.

I am pleased you found all the facilities in your suite that you needed for the duration of your stay.

I am not quite sure of the smell to which you are referring but I do hope it was addressed in a timely manner once our team were aware.

I do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

3 adults and 2 kids had a wonderful time here. I looked around to find the perfect hotel and this was ideal. Love, love, loved it. Nice pillow menu, rooms were very clean. Loved the soap. Staff are great and we'll definitely be back. Thank you Peppers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stra2sphere

Dear Stra2sphere,

I am thrilled to read your review and to hear that your family had an amazing holiday with us.

The weather certainly has been amazing for a while now on the Gold Coast. I think this has helped all of our visitors to thoroughly enjoy everything the region has to offer.

I hope to welcome you back again on future travels.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had a great stay with 2 adults and 8 kids over two rooms. Beach, restaurants, and shopping at doorstep. Helpful staff and good facilities (pool, gym, parking etc). Only negative would be that towers consist of owner let units and owner occupied units. Can create awkward rides in the lift!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear MatthewHames1967,

Thank you for this great review of your recent holiday experience with us.

Eight children - you certainly had your hands full! I am pleased though that the services and facilities that we provided all contributed to you all having an enjoyable stay.

i do hope to see you all again soon.

Adam Taloni

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast
QT Gold Coast
QT Gold Coast
#5 of 33 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Peppers Broadbeach? Share your experiences!