Peppers Broadbeach combines the best of an apartment holiday with hotel quality service.
We stayed last week in a 2 bed standard apartment. We were on the 26th floor of Tower 1 (more on this later) with views out over the river. We booked only two days before arriving and the ocean view rooms were not available. Whilst our view was gorgeous at night with all the lights, having snuck a peek at an ocean view room whilst they were cleaning I would definitely pay the extra next time for the view and additional light in the room. Just spectacular.
The apartment itself was fantastic - full kitchen and laundry, two lovely bathrooms, one of the most comfortable beds Ive ever slept on in a hotel. The second bedroom was pretty small. With the beds configured as two singles as we had them we basically couldn't access much of the cupboard. Fine for two young kids but Im not sure how two adults would go. The main bedroom was lovely with a walk through closet to the bathroom (internal though so no natural light). Lovely balcony and sitting areas, with complimentary in house movies.
And this is where I start with explaining what I mean by best of both worlds. The apartments were serviced each day with new towels, making of the beds (beds changed every few days), and a general tidy. The apartment was spotless, although whoever chose white carpet might need some talking to as there were some old stains. The housekeeping was just the start of the incredible hotel quality service. Anything I asked was done quickly and with a smile. Every single staff member was unfailingly friendly, welcoming and helpful. They were absolutely willing to do almost anything to keep their guests happy - a true mark of a quality hotel. Although they couldnt offer us a late check out as they were full, they organised for us to have full access to the facilities (including fresh towels) for the rest of our day there. They stored our luggage and even offered to keep food in the fridges. They booked restaurants for us, organised our transfers, printed an email, and even changed the housekeeping time so that our kids could have their sleep time.
The facilities at Peppers were great too. There are two towers, Tower 1 is closer (by about 20 metres!) to the beach and is larger. I believe the only difference in facilities is that Tower 1 has a lap pool (shaded from about 11am). You can only use the facilities in the Tower you are staying in. Strangely the main reception (24 hours) is actually in the smaller building - tower 2 - but it didnt really matters as 9-5 there was someone on reception in tower 1 and tower 2 reception was just a phone call away.
The pool in tower 1 was lovely and on level 4 with a view of the beach. The pool had different areas, including a little toddlers area and a spa. I would say however that the pool was more cold than refreshing. An extra degree or two wouldnt go astray! Also on every occasion we went to the pool there werent any available lounges as there were significantly fewer than seemed reasonable for the size of both the pool and the hotel itself.
The location is fantastic. Peppers is located in a new area called Oracle Blvd. Close enough to the main street (Surf Parade) to be accessible, but far enough away (literally 3 minute walk!) to feel secluded from the main crowd. Lovely restaurants and great coffee at No Name Lane. A Woolworths is across the road at the Oasis shopping centre, perfect to make best use of the kitchen facilities. The beach is two minutes away and Pacficic Fair shopping centre a 10 minute walk. A brilliant park is also just over the road.
Overall we had a brilliant holiday at Peppers Broadbeach. It was very obvious to me why they have just been rated the 2nd best hotel in Australia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Broadbeach includes two towers that soar high above Broadbeach only 25 minutes drive from the Gold Coast Airport. Guests will enjoy the perfect mix of the Gold Coast's city and coastal lifestyle while enjoying the luxurious surrounds of the one and two bedroom suites. All suites boast exceptional interior design with European appliances and imported stone featured throughout. Signature features include a pillow menu and gourmet mini bar with local and organic products. The on-site facilities are endless including Zen gardens, tai chi lawns, private cinemas, guest lounges, teppanyaki barbecues, steam rooms, saunas and lap, plunge and resort pools. On the doorstep you will also find over 100 alfresco restaurants offering cuisines from all over the world and within a short walk are attractions such as The Star Gold Coast, the Gold Coast Convention Centre and Pacific Fair. *Please Note: Complimentary internet access provided for one device per room per night. Important information: Please note resort check in is conducted at Tower 2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Broadbeach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Broadbeach Hotel Broadbeach
- Peppers Broadbeach Gold Coast