“fantastic room and service.”
Review of Peppers Broadbeach

Peppers Broadbeach
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
canberra
“fantastic room and service.”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Thank you entertainment card and My Bookings. We received 50% of the room rate and still got the best service and we were very very happy with our room. The room was in Tower 2 on the 8th level. It was a 1 bedroom apartment. Not an ocean view but could see parts of the ocean from the apartment. The only downside is that on some nights you could hear the night life of broadbeach. Though it only lasted for a couple of hours. We stayed mid week.
Thank you to the friendly and helpful staff at Peppers Broadbeach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PeppersBroadbeach, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear JA1964,

Thank YOU for staying with us!

I am so delighted that you managed to book on one of our hot specials. We do have these a couple of times a year and they only last for a short period. As they can pop up at any time the best way to keep alert of these is to join our Rewards Program ClubCUSoon.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your One Bedroom Suite and that the staff looked after all of your needs.

I hope to see you again soon.

Adam Taloni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Budapest
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Peppers is amazing! We stayed in a 2 bedroom Premium Ocean View Room for 4 nights, level 27, Tower 1. Amazing view, modern decor, free wifi for two gadgets. Cool kitchen, I don't cook on holidays, but it is easy to order in-room food of any nationalities from the nearby millions of restaurants, easier when you are with kids. Down around the corner on the way to the beach is a super cool playground that even my 8 and 10 year old girls loved. The beach is beautiful.
Staff super friendly and helpful, daily cleaning perfect and in a way that you never meet anyone pulling vacuum cleaners and big trolleys in the building:) The building is quiet, allows perfect sleeping.
For those with kids, Sea World is max 10 min drive, Wet n Wilde and Movie World are 20 min drive from Peppers.
Regarding some recent reviews: THERE ARE POWER POINTS IN THE BATHROOM. They are located under the mirrored cabinets, not to make the walls ugly. And it is also written in the FAQ along with other useful information.
We will surely return here, amazing place!

Room Tip: Book an Ocean View room, gives a different quality to your stay. Worth the extra price. Between June...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KrisztinaZBudapest
Dear KrisZtinaZBudapest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this lovely review of your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your four night stay with us in a Two Bedroom Premium Ocean View Suite. Level 27 does indeed offer some amazing views.

As other reviewers have attested we certainly offer so much for families and children. That said, I think there is a lot to offer the 'big kids' also!

Thank you so very much for reading our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's). Being such a large property with so much on offer, there is simply too much information to just be told on check-in. This is the reason why we have made the effort of having these FAQ's available to all guests at check-in. We constantly review and change these to ensure that our guest's have as much information available to them as possible. Needless to say that our team are also available 24 hours a day to answer any questions.

I do hope to see you and the family again soon.

Brighton, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed in a 2 bdrm on 12th floor, we still had a bit of ocean view although we didn't request it.
Met all our expectations, from the time we arrived until checkout the service was great.
The rooms were clean & modern just as portrayed on the internet (for a change).
The facilities were great, especially the clean pool & barbeque area.
Great place to stay with kids/family as there are so many shops/cafes around with Woolworths supermarket across the road.
We would eat out somewhere different each day & whip up something in the modern kitchen for all other meals.
This is the way to go escpecially with small kids, we are done with tiny hotel rooms.

1 Thank Katarena U
Dear Katarena U,

I am so thrilled to read that you and your family had such a fabulous stay with us recently and that from start to finish we met your expectations.

We have actually won numerous Awards and accolades since opening in 2010, many of these have been related to families. With facilities that include pools, BBQ areas, lounge with pool tables, private theatre, spacious suites, free movies, Wi Fi and ipad use, it is not hard to see why!

I hope to be able to welcome you all back again soon when you next travel to the Gold Coast.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We Stayed at peppers on the 6th and 7th Oct 2012. It was a last minute booking we ran an hour before asking what rooms are available to be told they have a one bedroom ocean view on one of their highest levels. When we check in after paying the deposit over the phone we found ourselves on a lower level floor and the view not worth talking about.
We spoke to the Assistant Manager who I found very unprofessional . We asked for a refund and was advised that wasn't possible. We then was advised all about contract law once you pay the deposit there are no refunds yet the time of booking an hour before there was no mention of a no refund policy. I think the Assistant Manager needs to get his facts right before dictating anything.
Apparently the Bellman accepted the booking and gave the misleading information. In a place like this what is a bellman accepting booking in the first place.
He moved us to a room with a better view but still on the lower level. To be told all one bedrooms are located on the lower floors and that's the best they can do. Not what we booked in the first place. Very misleading information to loured people in.
The Assistant Manager then offered us a bottle of wine and ask would we like red or white. We asked for white so what arrives red this place can't seem to get anything right.
The following day we caught the lift down to the car park but was stuck in the lift as the key card didn't work. Press the emergency phone button it just rang and rang and then hang up. No answer after about 15 min stuck in a very hot lift another guest finally press the outside button and open. We could have died that day but the Management don't seem to show any concern.
When we came back that afternoon the room had been so called serviced it has to be the worst housekeeping I have ever seen.
We have ask to speak to the General Manager about our concerns doesn't appear interested.
I have stayed at many properties up and down the Gold Coast area and this would have to be one of the worst.

5 Thank Nevergohome
Dear Nevergohome,

I am so disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us.

As would be evident from the hundreds of positive reviews, this certainly is not our normal high level of service and standards.

I do apologise if you were given incorrect information regarding our One Bedroom Suites. Our concierge was trying to go above and beyond by helping out 'after hours' while his colleagues were tending to other guests. When calling between 8am and 6pm daily you will most definitely get a member of our trained Reservations team. As I have stated on this site several times, the One Bedroom Suites are all on the lower levels of the building, Two Bedroom's on the mid levels, and Skyhomes and Sub-Penthouses on the upper floors. Unfortunately we were not able to change this during your stay, but I do understand the team did their best and moved you to the highest One Bedroom Suite in the building.

I am sorry to hear about the lift incident also. I can assure you that you were not close to death. If ever a key does not work for whatever reason you can always press Level 1 (ground floor) which will open up on the lobby level. Like most high-rises the Emergency Phone goes through to the lift company, not the resort. I will be following this up with them and calling them out to test all lift phones (on top of their regular tests and checks).

I am sure the team advised you that I was not available at the time of your stay as I have been away for a couple of weeks. If I was at property I assure you that I would have made myself available to meet with you and discuss these issues.

Gore, New Zealand
Reviewed November 5, 2012

What can I say, It was awesome. Could not fault. We stayed in a two bedroom on the 24th floor overlooking the ocean in tower 1.The view was beautiful.The rooms were excellent.
There were many restaurants & a grocery shop within walking distance.Tip- Jupiters have week nights that children eat free, seated before 7pm.

Room Tip: East side-you can have breakfast in the sun.
1 Thank DLG4
Dear DLG4,

I am so pleased to read of your recent 'awesome' stay with us at Peppers Broadbeach!

Tower One does indeed offer some amazing views, the better ones found in the Premium Ocean View room category.

I look forward to welcoming you back whenever you next travel to the Gold Coast.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at Peppers Broadbeach in a 2 bedroom Premium Ocean View Room for 3 nights. We stayed in an apartment in Tower One on the 30th Floor and had a fantastic view of the ocean and down south towards Burleigh.

The apartment was very spacious and with a modern interior. The location was fantastic, with lots of restaurants and cafes downstairs and then a few minutes walk to lots more eating places in Surf Parade. Across the road was the Oasis Shopping Centre where we could stock up on a few supplies.

We loved the free in-house movies, free wi-fi internet and the main resort pool was fantastic. The resort was an easy 2 minute walk to the patrolled surf beach.

The only negatives were the slow speed of the elevators and lack of powerpoints in the bathrooms.

Positives: great location in Broadbeach, pool area was very clean and large size.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in Tower One that has an ocean view. A bit more expensive, but worth it.
Dear BrissyBlondy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your spacious and modern Two Bedroom Premium Ocean View Suite on the 30th floor. These rooms offer some of the best views on the whole of the Gold Coast.

I am pleased that you also enjoyed the complimentary in-room movies and Wi Fi - these are of course standard inclusions for all of our guests.

The bathroom power points are actually located underneath the mirrored cupboards to keep the sleep look throughout. It is noted on the back of our Welcome Letter, however I will brief the team and ask them to point this out wherever possible.

I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Melbourne
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Short, 5 day break with family. Probably the best beach side hotel I have stayed in in Qld. Personally never too keen on staying on floors 20 or above, but sucked it up and got used to it.

Our room : huge, new, well equipped. Fantastic view, great amenities. A couple of ridiculous mistakes, no power points in the bathroom (??!!), and none available by the bed for reading, charging phones etc.

Pool and gym (all of them..) are really very good. Windy up on the roof, but two outstanding separate pool areas with spas, large gym with first rate equipment and TVs etc.

Well positioned 50 M from the beach. Our only gripe was the price. Great room, but at the very pointy end of the cost curve, in an environment where the Gold Coast is generally struggling. On this basis alone, would probably be looking for alternatives next time

1 Thank LyndhurstPrahran
PeppersBroadbeach, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear LyndhurstPrahran,

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay with us at Peppers Broadbeach.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your five day break with us in a Two Bedroom Suite on the 20th floor of Tower One. Thank you for the compliment that this was the best accommodation that you have ever stayed in, in Queensland. We are all very proud to be working in such a beautiful property.

There are actually power points in the bathroom. Due to the streamline mirrored cupboards, they are hidden underneath the cupboards so the aesthetics of the beautiful design are not disturbed. We know they can be a little hard to find, so we have them in our Frequently Asked Questions on the back of the Welcome Letter you receive at Check-In. I am sorry if you missed this.

The Gold Coast has been very busy of late, with occupancies for the region up around 17% year on year. It is fantastic to see Australians back in force and travelling in large numbers to the region. At Peppers we deliver an excellent product with service to match, and many inclusions such as daily servicing, free Wi Fi, free in-room movies and free parking - all representing great value for money at the luxury end. There is a reason why we are rated Number One on the Gold Coast on Trip Advisor!

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again at some stage in the future.

Adam Taloni
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach
The Star Gold Coast
#8 of 21 in Broadbeach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,709 reviews
Meriton Serviced Apartments Southport

Been to Peppers Broadbeach? Share your experiences!