“Delicious food and faultless service”
Review of RockSalt Modern Dining - CLOSED

RockSalt Modern Dining
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
brisbane
“Delicious food and faultless service”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our dinner at Rock Salt was the highlight of our recent stay at the Gold Coast. Following an ordinary dining experience at Main Beach I was a little nervous choosing a restaurant for our Anniversary Dinner. I needn't have worried. From the moment I made the phone booking to the last spoonful of our delicious desserts, Rock Salt was first class. I never eat dessert but I just had to have the panacotta with fresh berries as the entree and main courses had been sublime. Thanks to our waiter, Maxim, and the whole team.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank glendaBrisbane

Brisbane
“Simply.....A GEM !!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We wanted a fine dining experience whilst at Broadbeach and, like another reviewer previously, perused the on-line menus of Broadbeach fine diners and chose Rocksalt.

On finding the place, a shop among a lot of other shop-style restaurants, and seeing the decor and quality of the furniture, our hearts SLUMPED.

A very non busy Wednesday evening and only 4 other people dining, well we really thought we'd chosen poorly.............. How wrong were we !

Staff were nice and friendly, chef went through the menu and specials with us, and then the food arrived and ........................ such bliss !!

flavours, cooking and presentation were absolutely top notch, rivaling any of the fine diners in Brisbane , where we live.

we would not hesitate to return or HIGHLY RECOMMEND Rocksalt.

If I had 1 criticism, ........... It's a little pricey, given the location and quality of decor/furnishings.
Great ingredients cost money, I appreciate, however slightly overpriced given the above.

• Visited September 2012
Devonport, Australia
“Great Service”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have eaten here numerous times now on visits to the Gold Coast. Food has always been excellent but the maître d' we have had several times has been unbelievable. A table of 10 people - took all of our food and drink orders without writing anything down and everything arrived perfectly! Now that's talented.

• Visited March 2012
Sydney, Canada
“Same price as top restaurants in Sydney with full harbour views cooked by a known chef.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Sitting outdoors on a chair that was probably purchAsed from Fantastic Furniture. I say that because I could feel the wooden frame through the faux leather upholstery.No atmosphere but staff were trying although they were not consistent. Throughout our devastation they sometimes forgot to tell us what dish we had been served and to ask if we would like pepper. $10 for a mineral water is voodoo much for this restaurant also.

7 Thank Away247
Sydney, Australia
“Nice”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Having had some less than favourable dining experiences in Broadbeach I was concerned. Trip Advisor reviews for RockSalt all said how good it was. They are not wrong. Their tapas entree for 2 people is really good. Thanks for a nice afternoon.

Visited December 2012