“Modern Australian”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Modern Australian”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Modern Australian food - all we had was fresh and tasty, especially the oysters. Good range of local wines. Option to chose a la carte or go for one of the set menu plates - Lunch Platter (a choice of two entree sized dishes) or the Grazing Plate (eight entree sized serves). All we had was beautifully prepared and served and fresh and tasty. See Luke and Luca for great service. To be sure of a table it'd be best to book.

• Visited December 2012

Hong Kong, China
“Lovely restaurant with good foods.”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went by myself for dinner, order their daily soup (vegetable cream soup) and pasta with crab meat.
Very nice, very happy with it, price a bit on high side, main course start at $36 to 40.
Daily soup $20. Pasta $36.

Visited November 2012
gold coast
“Best dining experience in a long time, possibly ever.”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We first went to Rock Salt back in July this year after scanning various online menu's and theirs looked delicious with a nice range.We both had the tempura oysters and OMG, best oysters, hands down we have ever tasted. I had the lamb and my fiance had the steak for the main, the presentation was one of the highest standards I've seen, the tastes went perfectly well together and the meat was perfectly cooked. We didn't have time for dessert as had to rush off to a show but we vowed to go back there.
Last weekend for our 5 year anniversary we thought right, lets go back for the dessert we missed out on! We go two dozen oysters (4 different varieties) for entree, I had the fish special and my fiance had the lamb, we had the most amazing desserts and as we didn't want it to end, ordered the cheese platter after it all! So much for going dancing later, we were so satisfied and full from dinner went home.
As for the service, both times we had the same gentleman who was humble, professional, gave some excellent wine advice and was an all round nice guy and never once rushed us or was rude, very pleasant. The atmosphere was buzzing with some nice music in the background. A perfect evening and a perfect dining experience. Will be going back before Christmas for the 8 course wine and degustation experience that was highly recommended. Well done Rock Salt.

• Visited November 2012
“Another Winning Meal”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Down for an overnighter at Gold Coast, and what wouldn't it be without dinner at Rocksalt. Welcomed by Luka and served by the friendly and efficient staff without fuss but expertly.
The food again was excellent even though there had been a few changes to the menu since our last visit, but the bride was ecstatic that the risotto remains and would be devastated if ever removed. My entrée quail was delicious and followed by the FOD which was fresh and delightful. For main the bride had the eye fillet and she wouldn't share so that tells me it also was pretty great. Dessert is not often ordered for us but Tirimusu was there on the menu so it was a no brainer......and this de-constructed version was as good as any Italian mamas..better, subtle beautiful. Another great service from Matt Jefferson and his team.

• Visited November 2012
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Just what I wanted”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I travel regularly and go to some fabulous cities, perhaps like many I do not put the effort into finding the good restaurants in these cities as I do the hotels I wish to stay in.For a recent break on the Gold Coast I decided to go onto trip advisor and make a list of the restaurants I wanted to go to. Interesting for Rocksalt I was in a mall opposite this restaurant, the guy in a clothing shop said to me that RockSalt was the best in Broadbeach. He was right and so was Trip Advisor.The service was outstanding, the ambiance was relaxed and friendly . I had the entree of beef carpaccio that was fabulous followed by the duck con fit. I can't remember what my wife had, though I know she was equally impressed. By chance I read in the local paper that this restaurant was for sale, so if you are booking in the future you may want to check that it has the same high standards as present.

• Visited October 2012