“Authentic Italian Family Owned Neighborhood Restaurant”
Review of La Cantina - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Cantina
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2011

fabulous Italian, fresh and authentic! Very reasonable and amazing food. BYO makes it a very cheap night out with great food! Great Pizza and bruschetta and garlic bread.

1  Thank sholtgrewe
There are newer reviews for La Cantina

Reviewed March 28, 2011

I am a local and have eaten here 3 times before. The food is good value however, I will never eat here again and will not be recommending it in future. I hope you can appreciate why....

Last Saturday evening, four of us decided to visit La Cantina Broadbeach for some takeaway Gelati ($12.00). Given that we had eaten a large (and late) lunch, we were not overly hungry and intially wanted the takeaway Gelati. Once there however, one of us liked the pizza menu and wanted to try the 'Outback Pizza.' ($21.90) We paid and a kind girl set a table up for us. About 10 minutes later, she came back to the table to tell us 'I'm so sorry but the owner has recommended that you need to order more dishes because there is 4 of you on the table.' After hearing this, it became quite clear what that the owners instructions were while he was away - generate as much business while he was away because they need to get paid!

Having working in hopsitality for 6 years including 'Lygon Street' and reputable Restaurants in North Carlton in Victoria, I can appreciate that businesses need to make money and pay their staff - especially on a Saturday night at 7.30pm. In our defence however, the resturant was only half full (including reserved table tables) and we never intended to 'hog the table' all night. In the end, we had the pizza to 'Takeaway' - still baffled as we walked out of a half empty restaurant.

My partner and I like to eat out at various restaurants on the Gold Coast and like to support small businesses however this experience does not leave much to be desired - regardless of what the food is like.

3  Thank ChelleMerBelle
Reviewed February 23, 2011

My Mum comes from Italy. She was born 145 km outside of Rome in a small village and lived there for 9 years before coming to the UK. She started cooking at an early age and has spent years perfecting her spaghetti sauce. I love my Mum's cooking it's absolutely delicious. It's my favourite meal which I could eat every day if I had the opportunity. Then I went to La Cantina. I now have to break it to my Mother that there exists a recipe for Bolognese that exceeds her own. She will be devastated! We were in Broadbeach for 2 nights and came back here for our 2nd night as the food was so good! We also tried the pizza which was out of this world. The restaurant is a little out of the way (10 mins on foot from the main area of Broadbeach and 20 mins from Surfers) depending on where you are staying so I can see that it could be easily missed. The positive side of this though is both times we visited it was not busy at all and were able to enjoy our meal in a lovely atmosphere and watch the world go by.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

I had my 21st birthday at La Cantina earlier this year Enzo and Emma did an amazing job. The food and service as always was superb. Couldn't recommend them any higher wether your going there for breakfast lunch or dinner! The eggplant parmigiana is a must try as all the pizza and pasta.

2  Thank Bella12245
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Having recently holidayed on the Gold Coast and eaten in many of the over priced undervalue restaurants there, I must say that this place was a real find!
Unlike many of the others around, it doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't!!!

It is a simple, quiet, value for money, BYO establishment! (and there aren't many of those left on the coast!) Admittedly, the menu is fairly limited for evening dining, especially if you decide to eat there a couple of times, but the food is very good and great value for money.

Open early for breakfast too and again all very reasonable.

Enzo and staff are really friendly and helpful and do a great job!!

2  Thank suzimoow