“Outstanding location and value for money”
Review of Boulevard Towers

Boulevard Towers
Geelong, Australia
“Outstanding location and value for money”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was our second stay at Boulevard towers in less than 12 months. The location is second to none, directly across from the beach (via pedestrian crossing), 5 minutes walk from shops, restaurants and playgrounds, and easy access to public transport.

The facilities are great. The kids are easily entertained with the pools, tennis court and barbecue area, all of which are beautifully maintained.

The rooms are comfortable and unpretentious. We felt comfortable being there with young kids without having to worry about being too precious. There was almost everything you could need in the rooms, although it would be really handy to have some basics like a extra roll of toilet paper, oil and salt and pepper. Also, one tea-towel wasn't enough for a family of 5, but we took some along with us the second time around. The view is lovely and there is very little street noise, in fact, my 7 year old complained that the waves were too noisy!

The staff are friendly and attentive, but not overly (which suited us).

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and have recommended it to many family and friends. I know at least 3 other groups that have stayed here on our recommendation, all were happy with their stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a north facing room so that you can enjoy the sunshine from your balcony in the cooler month...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CMImum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Brisbane
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Booked family from Melbourne in for 2 nights and they stayed extra 5. The unit was very spacious, clean and well presented and the Ocean views SPECTACULAR. We negotiated a great deal with the very friendly management who went out of their way to ensure our family had a great vacation. The gardens, Pools, Spa, BBQ area and Tennis Ct are maintained to a very high standard. Close to Restaurants, Shops and casino. Thank you for a great stay and we will certainly spread the word.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomashn
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Fantastic location!!! View straight out to the ocean as promised. Our family loved every bit of our stay with you guys and it was great to get some good ol fashioned customer service for a change. Will definitely be back and tell all about you guys. Thanks for a memorable holiday. P.s best spa I have in my life!!! The Attwood family.

• Stayed April 2013
Melbourne
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The location of Boulevard Towers is superb - right on the beach with magnificent views - however management is the rudest and most arrogant in the service industry I have ever encountered. (I have withheld his name as I dont want to get personal)
After pre-paying for 2 nights and notifying a Sunday 2pm checkin I arrived to locked building. I called the after hours number (a booking agent) and received instructions to the key safe - it was faulty and I was not able to access the keys. Over the next 2.5 hours the booking agents called the manager 20 times to get him to return to the apartments to assist me and the 3 other groups with the same problem.
As a female travelling alone, a New Zealand couple kindly offered to drive me somewhere to find a place to stay for the night - they needed to find alternate arrangements too.
We returned the next morning for an explanation from management who said he was at a footy match and didnt have his phone. No apology. When I asked what he was going to do to rectify the issue he said "If you still want to stay here I'll refund one night". When I replied that I was hoping to stay with a full refund for the inconvenience he said "You want to stay here for FREE? That aint gonna happen! Standing there staring at me is not gonna get you what you want!" Other customers at the counter could not believe the response.
I agreed to stay only because I had pre-arranged to be picked up from there by business associates early the next morning but the rudeness and dismissiveness continued for the entire stay. Please choose somewhere to stay else so this guy who has bought the management rights to Boulevard Towers gets a lesson in customer service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank ejay74
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The managers son Patrick greeted us and had a great personality and was very helpful.
He provided us with a last minute room for four days. The price was ok.
The room was in a reasonable location (one bed)
The unfortunate problem was that it required a some repair work to be done.
The place needed a good clean sand still on the floor dust in a lot of places, carpet was very dirty and needed a good steam clean.
I do a tremendous amount of travel and yes we needed a place in a hurry and were unable to stay in our usual properties so we had to settle for this property.
I feel the ratings should be 3 to 3.5 not 4 as I normally stay in a 4 star self rated and if this has been rated at 4 then the self rated should be 5
Patrick did agree that the unit is over rated at 4 he also pointed out that they found it difficult to obtain good consistent cleaners, the other places I stay at are always very clean.
I suggest they check on the cleaners work and start a check list in the rooms for the cleaners.
Top marks to Patrick he had a great personally and handled the position very well

Room Tip: Just understand that you pay for what you get and to stay at a self rated 4 star you will pay an ext...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Acr2222
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently stayed at Boulevard Towers in April 2013 and Loved it.

This was a repeat visit for us, and we request Unit 21.

The unit was clean, Modern and open plan. Air conditioned. More than adequate amenities, cable TV and comfortable lounges.

The view was exceptional, and you are right on the beach. Flagged area for surfing only 50 metres away. We even had a group of Rainbow Lorikeets join us for Breakfast on the veranda.

Pool area and BBQ area is exceptional... Both Pool and spa are heated, and there is an inside pool and Sauna too.

Best of all was that everything was in walking distance... shops, transport, food and entertainment.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

the spot, units, management are the best ever had really helpful , on the beach near restaurants
very good for long weeknds, long stays is very family friendly.. 47 & 19 definately very nice
just need to pick the right unit just say a renovated one as they more then happy for you to look
and choose which one smost suits your needs.. we stay every week;)

Room Tip: just ask for a renovated on beach front
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends