2 of us stayed in a 1 bed apartment for 6 nights, and the apartment complex was nice, clean, the pool was great, the room was great, and they even did a tidy-up clean each day. The price was good, and the location excellent (as its outside of Surfers Paradise, which is now a bit down market).
We flew across from NZ, and although check-in time was 2pm, as we were out of high season, and the complex had 400 rooms, we were hoping to checkin a little early - no chance - we were told there were no clean rooms, but one would be prioritised. We then waited around for 3 hours, until miraculously, one became available at 2min past 2pm - if they'd told us that at the start, we could have left our bags and gone off for a few hours, but ended up waiting around reception - not nice.
The only other event occurred on Day 4 in the middle of the day. I was engrossed in a Stephen King novel, only to hear quite loud scratching coming from somewhere in the apartment - I eventually located the source of the sound to somewhere in one of the lounge chairs, and when I smacked the side of the chair and l looked under it, a whole load of sawdust dropped to the ground - I can only imagine it was some type of wood boring critters inside the chair - yuk!
I called reception, who said they'd send housekeeping!?!?!...I wanted an exterminator, not a shirt ironing service!?!?!?!
They did offer to allow us to swap rooms, but as all the furniture was probably the same, just asked for the offending chair to be replaced with a new one, which they did.
Overall, nice place, but the staff didn't seem that interested in helping anyone, and they weren't that bothered about the bugs either.
Also, beware the fire alarms (they went off three times while we were there, once late at night), as it seems they are too sensitive to people cooking in their apartment kitchens, and on all occasions the tanoy finally confirmed they were false alarms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet the exceptional Guest Services team as they welcome you to the perfect seaside escape 24 hours a day, right here at Meriton Suites Broadbeach. Towering over the Gold Coast at an impressive 32 levels tall, guests will be mesmerised by the sparkling ocean blue water. Breathe in the fresh sea breeze right from the comfort of your very own Ocean Suite, or experience the serenity of the scenic hinterlands in our Modern Suites, both of which are equipped with balconies. Space and comfort is a necessity when travelling with a large group of friends or family and all 405 of our suites provide just that. Designed to deliver maximum comfort, our suites are up to three times larger and promise better value than the typical hotel room, featuring open plan living spaces and the necessary facilities, including an internal laundry. Experience our resort style indoor and outdoor lap pool, spa, sauna and a well-equipped gymnasium, or host your own Aussie style BBQ at our outdoor BBQ area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Meriton Suites Broadbeach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach Hotel Broadbeach
- Meriton Suites Broadbeach Gold Coast