“Great accomodation”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Great accomodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed for 8 nights on 23rd floor. Staff very friendly, rooms very clean. Daily servicing was appreciated and didnt interrupt our stay. Had everything we needed. Separate bedroom, full kitchen with dishwasher, full size fridge, laundry, large bathroom, dining area, study area and a comfortable lounge. Balcony views were amazing. balcony access from lounge and bedroom. So handy to Broadbeach restaurants and shopping. Close to the beach. I would definately stay again and would recommend to others. My only criticism would be the join in the king mattress, but still very comfortable.

Room Tip: Room 2309 has city views and looks down on Jupiters casino. Be aware of join in king bed mattress...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MSABroadbeach, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Rex S,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your 8 night stay with us up on level 23. The views are impressive from that high up on any side of the building. I am glad our in room facilities had everything you needed and you found the room nice and clean.

Our location is quite handy to Broadbeach restaurants, the beach and shopping centres and all within walking distance.

We do you split king beds in the majority of our apartments. This is a king bed with a zip join in the middle so it can be separated into 2 single beds when requested. They are generally quite comfortable, however we also have some mattress pillow tops available on request if the join causes any issues.

Thank you also for mentioning you found our staff nice and friendly. I trust they all looked after you during your time here.

We hope to see you back with us in the future if you travel to the Gold Coast.

Kind Regards,

Meriton Broadbeach Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,168)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed there recently for the week-end and were so thrilled with the place!! We usually go to the Gold Coast every year and stay anything between 2 - 3 weeks with our children as well, but this was a quick get-away for a friend's birthday. I was a little worried as the rates (Studio Apartment with Ocean view) was quite low and thought that perphaps the photos showed more than what it was!! Let me tell you that we walked into the most gorgeous, spacious, clean and well appointment apartment we could have wished for!!! Right in the heart of Broadbeach, 5 min walk from the beach and to top it off, Mother nature was on our side......!!! The only thing I was disappointed in was the fact that on 2 separate occasions we asked to see the 2 or 3 bedroom apartments as we were considering booking for January, but on the first occasion we were told to try the following day as they were too busy and when we tried again the day after, we were told that again they were too busy and also that they could only show an apartment after it was cleaned! Not sure if we will now book, not having seen it, but if you are looking for somewhere to stay as a couple, I highly recommend the Studio. The only other thing that stood out was that the staff did not come across very friendly.....mind you not rude....just lacked the warmth of a smile (yes I know this is petty.....but for someone in Customer Service I know that sometimes it can be the difference between a good customer experience and a bad one)

PS....by the way....do try the coffee cart!!! awesome coffee..... awesome Barrista!!!

Room Tip: ask for Studio Ocean view if travelling as a couple....we stayed on the 25th floor....2510B! awesom...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trish-de-dish
Broadbeach M, Guest Relations Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hi Trish-de-dish,

Thank you for your review of MSA Broadbeach. Our Apartments offer all the necessities of home as well as the luxuries of hotel living. I have heard from our guests after experiencing what serviced apartments have to offer that they would book with us over a hotel again anytime.

Extended stays or short stopovers, we have the comforts of home with the space and facilities to relax. I'm sorry and disappointed that we could not facilitate your request to view a larger apartment, as I'm sure you would agree that they would accommodate your annual Queensland family getaway perfectly.

I do hope that you give us the chance to welcome you back with a smile, as I do agree that although it's a small gesture, it really goes a long way (as does good coffee).

Kind Regards,
International
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I choose to stay here due to the fact it was the cheapest option as a lay over between flights so wasn't expecting much at all however I have to admit I now wish I had been able to stay longer. On arriving there were several others queuing to speak to the people at reception however, in spite of this I was received a friendly greeting and was professionally and efficiently checked in within 5mins. (Thank you Anna). I was given exactly what i had requested in my booking (a quiet, high floor apartment) with a spectacular view of the ocean and for an extra $5 was able to park my rental car in the basement carpark. The apartment itself was fantastic. Spacious, tastefully furnished, galley kitchen, good water pressure in the bathroom, comfortable lounge and bed. Its a short stroll to the centre of Broad Beach and only a couple of blocks from the beach. I really could not ask for more. I would highly recommend the Meriton Broadbeach to others and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank justabigadventure
Dear justabigadventure,

Just as your username says, travelling is an adventure. The risks can be high when booking accommodation online, so how nice is it to actually get to you apartment and see that what you booked is what you get. Your review tells it like it is. Close enough to the airport, easy parking, helpful staff (I will pass on your thanks to Anna) and an apartment with everything you need. The peaceful ocean view is just the icing on the cake.

I'm glad that we surpassed your expectations and thank you for your recommendation to other travelers. Don't forget to sign up on our website to our e- news members only discount offers so that next time you are between flights or looking for your next adventure you know where to find us.

Kind regards,
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights and I'm quite happy with the place. One thing stand out; location. It is located within walking distance from the big shopping area called Pacific Fair, also near to both supermarkets; Coles and Woolsworth. This is important to a serviced apartment as without supermarkets nearby, you will be handicapped when it's time for cooking meals.

The room that I got was facing the ocean, the only drawback was that I'm staying at level 11, not high enough to get better views of the ocean. This serviced apartment is recommended for families who come in groups as they have many bedroom apartments that can cater to up to 6 people in an apartment.

Being off the touristy area of surfers paradise, you will enjoy more peace and quiet during the stay (which I did) and with a nominal parking charge of $5 a day for parking, it's a friendly place for people like me with a car.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room. The extra cost of $10 a day is worth it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank samuelp82
Dear Samuelp82,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Broadbeach Serviced apartments. With over 400 apartments, we are sure to find an apartment to best meet your needs. Families, couples and singles alike can experience the best in accommodation, security, amenities, facilities and services that Meriton have to offer.

As you mentioned in you review, it's all about location, location. Many tourist like to visit the always popular, always busy Surfers Paradise and Cavill Avenue, both locations less than 5km away. Like you said the 'peace and quiet' that Broadbeach has to offer our guests makes us an ideal place to stay. A very short walk to the casino, convention centre and numerous shopping centres will ensure you are kept busy during your stay.

With 12 locations in New South Wales and Queensland, we hope to welcome you back to our apartments sometime soon.

Regards,
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Staff always friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. We stayed in a one-bedroom ocean view apartment and was very impressed. The apartment was spacious and well-equipped, the kitchen had everything we could need and also had laundry facilities. The pool area was always tidy. We stayed twelve nights with a weekly service but would suggest having a bi-weekly service which we think would have been better. Car parking is worth the five dollars a night - very handy. Great location within walking distance of restaurants, supermarket, beach etc. The air conditioning in our room didn't cool the room well but the lounge room one worked well. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable - well-done. We will be returning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TessAdelaide
Hi TessAdelaide,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. Whether it's a one night stay or twelve nights, each of our Serviced apartments have all the comforts of home.
Our staff are only too happy to assist and with all their local knowledge at your finger tips, it really takes away all the hard work and allows for more play in your day.

With onsite parking, housekeeping services and first class facilities, we have all you needs covered. I'm glad to see you got a chance to enjoy and review one of near by local restaurants, Chiangmai Thai. It's one of my favorites too.

We look forward to taking care of your holiday needs next time you in Sunny Queensland.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed there for a few days and we got the upper level ocean view room. The balcony and the view were really awesome!

Also, the room were well equiped, very clean and modern. We really liked the place and would recommend it to anybody going to the gold coast. The beach there is less crowded than in Surfers and very nice. The location is great: you have a lot of restaurants and shops near by and a big supermarket. But in the balcony you feel in the sky, watching sunset, just great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gracias Hernan S, for choosing to stay at our Broadbeach Serviced Apartments. I'm glad that you agree we are spoiled with a wonderful location indeed. With one of the best, and not so crowded patrolled beaches only a short stroll away, it is a great place to relax without having sand kicked onto your towel.

Our collection of apartments takes into consideration the different requirements that travelers need and I'm happy that our ocean view apartments were everything that you expected. With a high floor and the 'awesome' ocean views, there is no better place to enjoy the memorable Queensland sunsets.

We hope to welcome you back soon,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stay in the Meriton apartments at Broadbeach every February for 10 days and have just completed our 8th visit. We love the clean and very comfortable apartments in the best location in Broadbeach. The beach, restaurants, shops, including a big supermarket, parks and playground, Jupiter's Casino, surf clubs etc are all an easy walk away and all the Gold Coast is easily accessible. Staff are always welcoming and friendly and the gym and pool and spa areas are great for all ages. Pleasingly, this year, car park rates have dropped to $5 per night and free Internet is now available in the apartments. See you again next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor ocean view north tower apartment for the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nagatron
Broadbeach M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Nagatron,
Wow, we are tremendously lucky to have such a loyal and generous return guest such as yourself! Thank you ever so much for posting your review after your most recent stay. You are the reason why the staff work tirelessly and it is great to hear that we are keeping up the good work.

We are proud to promote that from the beginning of 2013, the price for our car parking at Meriton Broadbeach was halved to just $5 per car per night; and that for all Meriton properties across the country, every apartment has 1GB of free Wi-Fi usage per day. I believe this gives us a competitive edge over the other properties in such a popular tourist destination as Broadbeach is.

I thank you, again, Nagatron for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback and for returning to us year on year for your Gold Coast holiday. We look forward to February 2014 when we shall greet you once more.

Warmest regards,

Meriton Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,688 reviews
Novotel Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
#16 of 32 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach? Share your experiences!