There are 6 bus stops within walking distance of this apartment, from this bus stops, you can go to:
- goldcoast airport
- robina town centre
- dreamworld, white water world, outback spectacular, movieworld, and the other water theme park (use TX 2 bus line, from the hotel main lobby, go left, go straight cost the road, turn left so you face the other side of the avenue, then cross, after crossing, go left until you arrive at a bus stop, take the TX 2 from this bus stop. Don't go to Pacific Fair bus stop as the staff would tell you, Pacific Fair is to far)
The advantage of being in broadbeach is.... Empty buses when you go to theme parks. If you stayed in Surfers Paradise, your chanches of being delayed in getting a bus to theme park is quite high. Me and wife watch in amusement as throngs of tourist packed the door of TX2 line in a bus stop in Surfers Paradise, with many not having to wait for the next line.
Apartment facilities: nice. Gym, swimmingpool, free 30 minutes wifi available at lobby, very helpful with those online check-in to airlines or buy tickets to events in goldcoast.
We take the 1 bedroom apartment. Spacious room with large balcony, furnishing is ok, appliances is complete but might need maintenance (refrigerator suddenly died on our last night, fridge light is on but its not cold nd there's a pool of water on the floor near the fridge, we need to ask our safe deposit box battery to be replaced when we arrive, and washing machine sometimes just doesn't work, this last could be just our stupidity in dealing with dial button washing machine).
Staff was quick with request, there seem to be a lot of tourist from the same group, this caused some load in the front desk but the staff is still helpfull. I saw reception staff until much later than in the 2 other meritons i stayed in, this is nice since front desk staff is usually more helpful (access to tools to solve your problems and attitude) than security staff.
Overall, love the place, would definitely stay here again if in goldcoast, could see myself booking the room for a week or more.
My only suggestion to management is this:
Better information on how to get to where using buses.
Not all your guest use car or have organized coach, the rest have to rely on public transport. There's currently no detail map on busline and their stop points. There's a map that indicates in which area a bus will stop, but not in which bus stop exactly, combine the size of an area and the number of bus stops, the existing map only serves as guideline and useless in actual route planning.
What does this mean for tourist? Time wasted in finding the best bus stop for your particular destination. The broadbeach front desk staff almost always suggest us to go to pacific fair for our bus stop, but that's a significant walk. After finding that key bus lines stop at much nearer bus stops and still hearing "pacific fair" from front desk, we stop asking them for suggestion.
How can meriton management help?
Provide leaflet that state key bus routes (major tourist attraction, shopping centre, airport), the nearest bus stop customer can take the respective bus, and where they need to stop.
Cost of the above?
Negligible, just ask your staff for solid suggestion, or even if you have to assign someone to find out, minimal.
Value of the above?
- save customer's time
- once info is gathered, can benefit many customers
- how many hotels do this? Competitive advantage
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Broadbeach, Gold Coast Lose yourself staring into a deep blue ocean as far as the eye can see, be excited by the sound of crisp waves crashing onto golden sands, and enjoy feeling the fresh sea breeze pass you by all from the balcony of your magnificent ocean view suite. The perfect seaside escape awaits you right here at Meriton Serviced Apartments Broadbeach, with 405 of the finest suites the Gold Coast has to offer, all beautifully designed offering a choice of views over the stunning ocean or serine scenic hinterland. Wake for the day in plush, comfy bedding, refresh with stylish Peter Morrissey bathroom amenities and prepare the perfect beachside breakfast in your fully equipped gourmet kitchen. Space and comfort is a must when travelling with family or a group of friends, and the large open plan living spaces offer all the room you need for everyone to enjoy quality time together. Experience ultimate resort style facilities with both indoor and outdoor lap pool, spa, sauna and fully equipped gym. Stroll around lush, green, tropical themed garden beds and soak up the sun poolside with your favourite read and coffee from the onsite coffee cart in hand. Experience the vibrant dining scene in Broadbeach with many cafés and restaurants lining the surrounding streets. Shop till your heart's content at Pacific Fair shopping centre moments away and enjoy strolling on the beach by day and night to experience a picturesque sunrise or sunset. For a fun filled day of thrill and excitement be sure to check out the Gold Coast's famous theme parks, Sea World, Wet 'n' Wild and Dreamworld. Public transport is a whistle away with the new Gold Coast light rail giving you easy access to many attractions such as Surfers Paradise, Main Beach, Broadwater Parklands and Southport. No matter what season, Meriton Serviced Apartments Broadbeach guarantees the best holiday memories with loved ones and friends to last a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach Hotel Broadbeach
- Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach Gold Coast