“Good Value for Money”

Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Broadbeach
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights midweek in an Ocean View 1 bed apt. Nice new building, with up to date decor in the rooms. Good value for money, paid $108pn + parking $10pn. Extra comfy king bed. Full kitchen with dishwasher, lounge, dining table with separate bedroom. Room has its own laundry but no airer. Two pools, indoor and outdoor both with spas. Only downside with stay was the rooms are not serviced until after 2pm if staying more than one night. Ours were serviced usually after 3pm, we were expecting it to be made up before this, but were told they don't do them until after 2pm. This is ok because you cannot expect anymore for the price. The same room and hotel quality accross the road would be $50 or more, so they have to save somewhere and its on the staff. All staff efficient and helpful, checkin was quick. The parking underneath the building is easy to access and use. When arriving park out the front on the Highway side, there are usually plenty of 30min parks available. This driveway runs along between the building and the highway.
Location is within an easy walk to the Oasis mall and Convention Centre. Its a fair walk to the beach as the building is on the highway. Our room was on the beach side and was quiet, we didn't have any problems with noise. The hotel is frequented by a lot of international guests, unlike some of the smaller, older apartment complexes we have stayed in at Broadbeach. In the last 2 years we have stayed at Broadbeach 5 times in 3 different establishments. This hotel was the lowest price of the 3 but the highest quality. This is because the location is not quite as close to the beach as the other units.
We are happy to stay at the Meriton again, but if you like to spend a lot of time at the beach then maybe something closer would be more suitable for you.

Room Tip: The main entrance driveway is next to highway.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
MSABroadbeach, Manager at Meriton Suites Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2017

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us at Meriton Broadbeach and for sharing your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor community.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

We stayed here for 10 nights during the Surf Life Saving Championships and it was only a 5 minute walk each day to the beach and 5 minutes to the Oasis Shopping Centre.

We booked an Ocean View room and was not disappointed with the views of the beach and the outdoor pool and spa area. The rooms were super quiet if all the doors and windows are closed.

We arrived earlier than the standard check-in time and the receptionist said she was able to let us check-in straight away, which was great.

The room was spacious and modern with large LCD TV, great air conditioning, good laundry facilities (although a clothes airer would have been nice instead of having to use the dryer everyday) and very comfy beds. We found that there were only a few spots in the room where an internet connection would stay connected but this wasn't too much of a problem, once we worked it out.

The bathroom had the biggest bath tub I have ever seen. Make sure you put the water on before dinner and then it will be ready after dinner :)

A few hiccups early on....Our fridge door, although very new, was extreemly noisy and for the life of me I couldn't get the oven to work. Rang reception and within 10 minutes, maintenance had arrived. I learnt that the oven required the timer to also be set so the oven will actually work. He fixed the sqeeky fridge door. Beautiful. The next day I went to wash a dish and it cracked in my hand. Called reception. 5 minutes later I had a new one.

There are 2 issues I have although they would not stop me from re-booking which we have done for next year.
1. The parking costs were $10 per day and the process wasn't explained very well during checkin, but once sorted it worked well.
2. They state in their information that they use water saving devices in the shower (which most do now), but it was terrible. I complained after the 1st night and they did send someone up to try to make it better. It was very difficult to get wet at all and the best way to wash your hair was in the bath with a pot. This may not be such an issue for others, but because we were competing in the surf every day, a nice shower would have topped off a great week in Queensland.

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed here for a 3 day weekend and loved it!

I requested a room on an upper floor and got pretty high up on the 24th. The room I stayed in was just a studio (with ocean views, in the South Tower) but was perfect for me travelling solo. Back to the views though - FANTASTIC! I could see around from Pacific Fair, over the ocean, and down towards Surfers Paradise - I could even see the Q1 building in the distance, from the balcony. I could see out past Peppers Ruffles to the ocean from within the room also.

My room was modern and clean, bed was comfy (King), and kitchen was well equipped. Air conditioner worked great, but I didn't need to use it much as with the big glass doors open to the balcony I had lovely sea breezes. I also liked that unlike many Gold Coast 'serviced apartments', my room was actually serviced daily.

The hotel itself has great facilities - including gym, indoor pool, spa, and sauna, and outdoor pool and spa - I didn't use them, but they looked good. There is underground parking for an additional fee.
Location was great, I could walk to the beach and numerous cafes, bars, and shopping centres. I also ordered food in one night, and there is a huge range of restaurants to order from.

The only short falls I came across were:
1. The cards used to get into my room didn't always work - and you need to pull them out to use the lift as well.
2. There was nowhere to hang clothes to dry - no pull out line in the bathroom, fold out, or freestanding drying rack. There was a tumble drier in the room, as well as washing machine, but thats no good for some items.
3. My room was adjacent to another room - sharing an entry from the corridor before individual entries into rooms. Everytime my neighbours went in and out I heard the doors banging, and their conversations.
4. Peak time waits for a lift - usually the lifts were pretty quick, there are two normal ones, and one service one you can use in each tower. At really busy times the wait was significant, but not unexpected.
These are very minor, nit-picky kind of things and apart from the clothes drying issue, didn't particularly bother me.

I loved it there and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Tinkstar

Reviewed April 5, 2011

Great start - booked a studio and was upgraded to a one bedroom on arrival. There was really nothing else I could ask for from a self catering apartment - spacious, comfortable, bright and generally well-appointed. Excellent value for money and this will now become my first choice for future stays on the Gold Coast. Pool is a little small but you're only a 5 minute walk from the beach. Within walking distance to nightlife in Broadbeach but not close enough to be disturbed by noise. Book with confidence.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed April 5, 2011

If you are looking for a value stay in a quality apartment then look no further. Great location in laid back Broadbeach, perfect for heading to the beach or across to the Exhibition centre.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 31, 2011

super ocean view, perfect location, great flatscreen TV, comfy bed, efficient kitchen, well decorated everything was perfect except for the shower, very fine spray and rather weak. that was the ONLY negative.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brendykaye

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Booked the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with the beach views. We were blown away by the quality of the room and really impressed with the balcony that afforded us the beach views.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Freshman73

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
#1 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
#7 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Meriton Suites Broadbeach? Share your experiences!