“Modern & Great Location”

Mantra Sierra Grand
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Broadbeach
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at the Sierra Grande for 5 days for a quick trip away. We were in a 2 bedroom with a study area and the space was great, looked over the ocean and near the pool on the 14th floor. The pool was great with enough shady spots. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. A quick walk to get to the beach and up to Broadbeach. The Japanese restaurant downstairs was also super yum. Looking forward to going back there later in the year. Only criticism was that the aircon didn't work in our room

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michelle M
There are newer reviews for Mantra Sierra Grand

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We located this hotel after trawling through the Internet. We were impressed, very central, clean and well equip with facilities.

Upon closer inspection we were a little disappointed with some aspects. The facilities were all capped with a 930pm lockout which was frustrating for late night use. I would understand if they were near rooms but the facilities are at the bottom of the tower.

Our room also lacked some maintenance. Our shower leaked terribly resulting in a very wet and slippery floor.

The rooms were very spacious and clean.

Overall we were very happy with our stay and enjoyed the resort. Would stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Burls-was-here
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My partner and I stayed there for a week, our first time to GoldCoast and we absolutely loved it!
We arrived in late from Brisbane airport and staff were so good they waited till we got there to check in.
Our 1 bedroom apartment was so beautiful with the views overlooking Pacific Fair. Not to mention staff were absolutely on point w service! 100% recommend staying here!! 100% friendly and the best customer service around! At the end of our stay we didn't want to leave :(

And also Mantra Sierra is in the middle of everything!!! Everything is seriously in walking distance! Buses to the worlds and theme parks are just a few minutes down the road.

Thank you Sierra for showing us a good time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room across from Pac fair or one that overlooks the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeasoT
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I booked a 1 bedroom apartment and was very impressed. Beautiful view of Pacific Fair, apartment was spacious and very clean. Very modern. Pool was gorgeous. Outdoor spa was very enjoyable as was the indoor spa. Sauna rooms were great.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cathy740
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Booked a two bedroom ocean apartment to have a special weekend with friends and very disappointed in quality and cleanliness. Virtually Couldn't see through balcony, no tv in bedrooms, walls dirty.....

Very sad

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Redrock66
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Booked a 1 bedroom unit for my husband and I to attend a birthday party in the Broadbeach mall. Unit was light and spacious and very clean. Nice view over Pacific Fair and the hinterland. Location was definitely the best asset. Only a few blocks from the mall but far enough away to be quiet. Only 1 block back from the beach. Pool area looked nice though we didnt use it. Unit had an ensuite bathroom as well as a main bathroom that was surprising but appreciated when we were both trying to get ready. Onsite free parking was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelD075
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I booked a sub-penthouse for my bridal shower and bachelorette weekend, 14-16 Feb 2014. I booked a few months prior and even called into the hotel to view the room the week before, but it wasn't available.

When I arrived I was granted early check-in which was great! But I was told that there was a hole in the master bedroom wall that would take 24 hours to fix, so they weren't going to fix it and they just needed to let me know. I should have been a little more alarmed but I really just wanted to get into the room and relax so I said that was fine.

When I arrived at room 2902, I was a little shocked when I walked in. Outdated furniture, very worn and the apartment was NOT clean. It smelled like stale alcohol and I could see splashed liquid marks on the worn black leather couches, on the verandah floor (a big puddle of stickiness) and when I tried to open some cupboards and drawers in the kitchen they were sticky and stuck together as well. There was a broken side table as well and marks all over the walls. The place was carpeted pretty much everywhere which I'm sure didn't help the smell!! On the verandah the view was gorgeous!!! But overshadowed by disgusting footprints all over the glass verandah fence, broken glass on the ground and old worn furniture. When I went to sit on a table chair in the dining room there was sand all over it (also on the remaining chairs). The bedrooms were nice, but a blind was broken in one. The verandah in the master bedroom was much the same, very dirty glass fence! Not a single lamp in the apartment worked either, some not even having a bulb. I didn't even want to see the bathrooms!!

I went down to reception and told them the place was dirty and they said they'd send the cleaners up, but I asked for another room. I just wanted to relax, which is why I booked the apartment in the first place! So they moved me to room 2802 (the only other sub-penthouse).

Although room 2802 was quite similar (very worn furniture, marks on walls, only some lamps worked) this room was titled, so it smelt much better and felt more airy. The dining room table was missing a chair and the remaining were very worn. The bedrooms again were lovely and this room had a corner spa in the ensuite (which was in the main bathroom in room 2902). The fridge was older and rusty in this room, the vacuum cleaner didn't really suck and the broom was broken in hlaf (and no dust pan) but I still felt this room was a step-up from the previous. This room was cleaner but not perfect as we did find a few bottle caps lying around (really not easy to miss)!!!

When we headed down to enjoy the outdoor and indoor pools and spas we were disappointed that the bubbles of the indoor spa didn't work and there was a very loud noise in the room that didn't exactly make it relaxing. The outdoor pool looks out onto a fairly busy road which was also a shame, but not much you can do about it.

All-in-all I would say that I was disappointed by the rooms as they felt dirty, worn and neglected. The service was okay but no one went out of their way to help. With over $500/night for a 3 bedroom apartment, I did expect more. I would have liked a little more luxury and I just felt like it was one thing after another with this place. The view was gorgeous, but you can get that view elsewhere in Broadbeach, so it didn't make up for everything else unfortunately. I think there's a reason they don't have many pictures on their website....because the rooms don't really look that nice! Beware!

Room Tip: If you wish to stay in a sub-penthouse there are only 2. Request room 2802 (NOT 2902). 2802 is much...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Cleevoss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
#7 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Mantra Sierra Grand? Share your experiences!