“Great location”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Fraser Coast, QLD, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Booked a 1 bedroom unit for my husband and I to attend a birthday party in the Broadbeach mall. Unit was light and spacious and very clean. Nice view over Pacific Fair and the hinterland. Location was definitely the best asset. Only a few blocks from the mall but far enough away to be quiet. Only 1 block back from the beach. Pool area looked nice though we didnt use it. Unit had an ensuite bathroom as well as a main bathroom that was surprising but appreciated when we were both trying to get ready. Onsite free parking was great.

1 Thank MelD075

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Upper Coomera, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I booked a sub-penthouse for my bridal shower and bachelorette weekend, 14-16 Feb 2014. I booked a few months prior and even called into the hotel to view the room the week before, but it wasn't available.

When I arrived I was granted early check-in which was great! But I was told that there was a hole in the master bedroom wall that would take 24 hours to fix, so they weren't going to fix it and they just needed to let me know. I should have been a little more alarmed but I really just wanted to get into the room and relax so I said that was fine.

When I arrived at room 2902, I was a little shocked when I walked in. Outdated furniture, very worn and the apartment was NOT clean. It smelled like stale alcohol and I could see splashed liquid marks on the worn black leather couches, on the verandah floor (a big puddle of stickiness) and when I tried to open some cupboards and drawers in the kitchen they were sticky and stuck together as well. There was a broken side table as well and marks all over the walls. The place was carpeted pretty much everywhere which I'm sure didn't help the smell!! On the verandah the view was gorgeous!!! But overshadowed by disgusting footprints all over the glass verandah fence, broken glass on the ground and old worn furniture. When I went to sit on a table chair in the dining room there was sand all over it (also on the remaining chairs). The bedrooms were nice, but a blind was broken in one. The verandah in the master bedroom was much the same, very dirty glass fence! Not a single lamp in the apartment worked either, some not even having a bulb. I didn't even want to see the bathrooms!!

I went down to reception and told them the place was dirty and they said they'd send the cleaners up, but I asked for another room. I just wanted to relax, which is why I booked the apartment in the first place! So they moved me to room 2802 (the only other sub-penthouse).

Although room 2802 was quite similar (very worn furniture, marks on walls, only some lamps worked) this room was titled, so it smelt much better and felt more airy. The dining room table was missing a chair and the remaining were very worn. The bedrooms again were lovely and this room had a corner spa in the ensuite (which was in the main bathroom in room 2902). The fridge was older and rusty in this room, the vacuum cleaner didn't really suck and the broom was broken in hlaf (and no dust pan) but I still felt this room was a step-up from the previous. This room was cleaner but not perfect as we did find a few bottle caps lying around (really not easy to miss)!!!

When we headed down to enjoy the outdoor and indoor pools and spas we were disappointed that the bubbles of the indoor spa didn't work and there was a very loud noise in the room that didn't exactly make it relaxing. The outdoor pool looks out onto a fairly busy road which was also a shame, but not much you can do about it.

All-in-all I would say that I was disappointed by the rooms as they felt dirty, worn and neglected. The service was okay but no one went out of their way to help. With over $500/night for a 3 bedroom apartment, I did expect more. I would have liked a little more luxury and I just felt like it was one thing after another with this place. The view was gorgeous, but you can get that view elsewhere in Broadbeach, so it didn't make up for everything else unfortunately. I think there's a reason they don't have many pictures on their website....because the rooms don't really look that nice! Beware!

Room Tip: If you wish to stay in a sub-penthouse there are only 2. Request room 2802 (NOT 2902). 2802 is much...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Cleevoss
sydney
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This place was very nice. Had odd shaped rooms. Close to good restaurants.Bit on the expensive side. Close to restaurants,,bit far from the beach. i.e. 4 blocks. Good security. walking distance to Pacific fair.

Room Tip: rooms facing the beach are all 2 bedrooms, so go with other people to take advantage of the view..
1 Thank biddz
Bonogin, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

If you are looking for a great weekend away do not stay at Sierra Grand. Three couples stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment for valentine's day. Two kings and a queen, WRONG. One king, one queen and two singles. Things happen, no worries, we went down to reception to see if we could figure it out and were told that they can't change anything in the rooms and that two singles zip to a king, alright then, can they do that? Took a lot of asking and then they finally had someone come up and make the beds as they should have been before we checked in. A VERY UNCOMFORTABLE sleep awaited us for the two nights as of course when you put two beds together the middle isn't flat, but the staff said they couldn't offer us anything else so we just left it.

So a relaxed weekend away turned into a very uncomfortable one, if it was just the beds I wouldn't complain BUT there were no blankets as well the sheets were stained, our fridge didn't work properly so nothing stayed cold (hence we didn't trust any of the food that we had left in there), the microwave didn't heat properly either, the oven didn't work and the dishwasher cracked two glasses. On top of this the dryer also didn't function well and the bathrooms weren't clean and the shower pressure was non-existent.

The services in the hotel such as the pool, spa, sauna and gym look like they are taken much better care of then the rooms. Our level also has a very distinct "pot" smell. We were offered to move rooms (if they had one available), there was on a lower level except we had paid for the our level and would therefore be out of pocket and the "two singles = a king" would also still have applied in the new room. Overall the advertisement for their rooms is incorrect and the amount we paid was way too expensive for the quality we received.

2 Thank Karissa S
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We booked a one bedroom place for 3 nights. On arrival, the staff were very pleasant, however there was a beaten up man in the foyer and Police running around the hotel. This was not very reassuring and none of the staff seemed to want to tell us what was going on. We went up to our room to find it was VERY dirty. 10 cm from every skirting board was lined with dust. The room had not been vacuumed. The shower was mouldy, there was food on multiple surfaces, sand all over the couch. We were upgraded twice, even to a 2 bedroom apartment with stunning views but this too was very dirty and the windows so dirty the view was wasted. At the end of the day we decided to just pay for an upgrade to Peppers (owned by same parent company as Mantra) which was 5 minutes down the road and 100x better. Mantra is cheap but if you appreciate cleanliness I wouldn't bother.

Room Tip: Don't stay here- but if you do, be aware that none of the 1 bedroom rooms have sea views.
4 Thank Mikaila28
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 13, 2014

On arrival we found the staff were great. Let us check in early, which is a bonus! Mantra has a great pool / gym and very convenient parking underneath.

On first inspection of our room was quite good but lacked the finer cleaning detail. Looked like vomit was smeared down the side of a bedside table, muck around light switches, general furniture not cleaned.

Shower leaked into robe aswell.

Overall stay was just ok. Was good that no one really bothered you. All the staff were very helpful except for when we were leaving. The printer was broken at the Internet kiosk so we asked if the lady at reception could help us print it off ( she must of thought this was a inconvenience, because she went out of her way not to help us. So we just left)

Next time we will try somewhere else there seems to be many more hotels in the same spot so I would recommend trying one of those.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Matt O
QLD, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had a 3 bedroom apartment for 3 nights.
Positives: Spacious and attractive rooms. Generally clean. Outdoor pool & indoor lap pool, sauna & Gym all well maintained. Comfy beds. Large TV. Plenty of free parking space for our 2 vehicles undercover.
Negatives: Great view - of roadworks & major intersection complete with plenty of traffic noise :-( Afternoon sun made all bedrooms into hot boxes regardless of blinds and A/C couldn't keep up. 5 of our party are North Qld residents and heat tolerant. Others might not be so forgiving. Some of the furniture had seen better days with several dining chairs coming apart at joins and wood chipping off where timber has cracked. Total of 5 power points all up not working or defective switch. Blinds had pale pinkish stains, one was damaged. Shower head in ensuite was sub-standard.
Despite these glaring NOT 4.5 Star features, we enjoyed our stay. It was adequate and staff were at all times pleasant and helpful. Would we stay again? Maybe, but only if the deal was exceptional ...

Room Tip: Avoid Western facing apartments in summer! Rooms get very hot plus these ones overlook the intersect...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family