“Do not stay here!!!”

Mantra Sierra Grand
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We booked a one bedroom place for 3 nights. On arrival, the staff were very pleasant, however there was a beaten up man in the foyer and Police running around the hotel. This was not very reassuring and none of the staff seemed to want to tell us what was going on. We went up to our room to find it was VERY dirty. 10 cm from every skirting board was lined with dust. The room had not been vacuumed. The shower was mouldy, there was food on multiple surfaces, sand all over the couch. We were upgraded twice, even to a 2 bedroom apartment with stunning views but this too was very dirty and the windows so dirty the view was wasted. At the end of the day we decided to just pay for an upgrade to Peppers (owned by same parent company as Mantra) which was 5 minutes down the road and 100x better. Mantra is cheap but if you appreciate cleanliness I wouldn't bother.

Room Tip: Don't stay here- but if you do, be aware that none of the 1 bedroom rooms have sea views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mikaila28
Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)

Reviewed February 13, 2014

On arrival we found the staff were great. Let us check in early, which is a bonus! Mantra has a great pool / gym and very convenient parking underneath.

On first inspection of our room was quite good but lacked the finer cleaning detail. Looked like vomit was smeared down the side of a bedside table, muck around light switches, general furniture not cleaned.

Shower leaked into robe aswell.

Overall stay was just ok. Was good that no one really bothered you. All the staff were very helpful except for when we were leaving. The printer was broken at the Internet kiosk so we asked if the lady at reception could help us print it off ( she must of thought this was a inconvenience, because she went out of her way not to help us. So we just left)

Next time we will try somewhere else there seems to be many more hotels in the same spot so I would recommend trying one of those.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Matt O
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had a 3 bedroom apartment for 3 nights.
Positives: Spacious and attractive rooms. Generally clean. Outdoor pool & indoor lap pool, sauna & Gym all well maintained. Comfy beds. Large TV. Plenty of free parking space for our 2 vehicles undercover.
Negatives: Great view - of roadworks & major intersection complete with plenty of traffic noise :-( Afternoon sun made all bedrooms into hot boxes regardless of blinds and A/C couldn't keep up. 5 of our party are North Qld residents and heat tolerant. Others might not be so forgiving. Some of the furniture had seen better days with several dining chairs coming apart at joins and wood chipping off where timber has cracked. Total of 5 power points all up not working or defective switch. Blinds had pale pinkish stains, one was damaged. Shower head in ensuite was sub-standard.
Despite these glaring NOT 4.5 Star features, we enjoyed our stay. It was adequate and staff were at all times pleasant and helpful. Would we stay again? Maybe, but only if the deal was exceptional ...

Room Tip: Avoid Western facing apartments in summer! Rooms get very hot plus these ones overlook the intersect...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sugarmum
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed at the Mantra Sierra grand over new years, after reading some reviews I was unsure of what we would get. But I can assure you that both the rooms we had were spotless and fitted with quality furniture. The reception staff were professional and very helpful. Location is a little away from the main areas but this can be a good point as well. I will be returning and it had everything I need in a Serviced Apartment

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Colegate85
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The serviced apartment was comfortable to stay at. There was nothing outstanding or extraordinary about our experience staying here, however, the 1 bedroom apartment we stayed in for 1 week was comfortable, tidy, secure, modern and spacious. There was absolutely nothing to complain about with our experience. The location of the Sierra Grand is what made our vacation amazing. We walked to the beach, to Pacific Fair, to the plethora of Broadbeach restaurants, to Dracula's. Had to drive to Surfers Paradise but this was a quick 5 minute trip down the road.
Would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Hinterland view rooms are good. The ocean view rooms are blocked by the building directly in front o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My apartment floor 16 so clean fresh. Beautiful ocean views! I enjoying with my daughter & son & my grandchildrens. We all having fun & love this place. It's brand new! Next door to the beach easy walk. There is mmm coffee & restaurant. 1 min walk to big shops. Comfortable to stay 2 wks. No problem.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I spent 5 weeks at this property on a business trip and it was good, but it's not a place where I would stay again if I could chose. Upon check in, I found the staff unfriendly. I was coming from a 30 hours flight and all I wanted was my room. They didn't make any effort to prepare my room as they told me that check in started at 2pm. In fact they even gave me the room after 2pm. I had a self contained one bedroom flat which was spacious and had a good size balcony. Furniture is modern style but looked a bit worn out. The room wasn't clean at all, I had to pass the hoover myself as I could see hair on the carpet from the people who stayed there before. They clean your room every 7 days, but to be honest they cleaned mine well only once. I could see that they didn't clean the sink in the bathroom and they didn't pass the mop. They were mostly changing towels and bed sheets. I think this has been my biggest issue.
However, it's 5 minutes walk from the beach and opposite a big shopping centre so it's very convenient. There are a few restaurants around, but the lively part of Broadbeach is 10 minutes walk from the Mantra Sierra Grand.
Finally, the indoor swimming pool most of the times dirty and the jacuzzi is not a proper jacuzzi at all (this disappointed me). The gym is small and gets crowded easily but it's ok.
One good thing is that if you stay more than 30 days they bring you a basket of food: this was a nice gesture. If you find a good rate, it's still a good place to stay. I just think that there is a lot of competition and maybe for the same price you can find something a little bit better.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business