WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Poschiavo
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Most beautiful experience of the Alps”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We started our train journey from Chur, the oldest town in Switzerland .It was a beautiful day. The train journey was just amazing, the scenery is stunning , from the high towering mighty glaciers , and lakes below , the countless castles perched in the mountains, the quaint villages, breathtaking landscapes, gorges , viaducts , towering rock walls, and evergreen manicured landscapes. We passed through so many incredible tunnels, and bridges that I lost count of it. And the most unforgettable one was when the train went into the world -famous Landwasser Viaduct. I took a video of it that I have watched it over and over again. It is a masterpiece of engineering , that made it possible for everyone to experience the natural beauty of the Alps in the comfort of your seats. We had a 15 minute coffee break in one of the most scenic spot in Alp Grum with the view of the beautiful town of Poschiavo . We had a coffee in the station cafe's outside veranda that juts out of the building high above the valley below with the view of the melting glacier , one of the tallest waterfalls I have ever seen where the melting glacier ice has created which looks like a natural green coloured swimming pool down bellow.What a view! We continued our journey where the train does a circular route it was mind bugling because we were looking on this side of the mountain one minute and the next thing we're on lthe otherside of the mountain , it's hard to explain , the line is famously called the circular viaduct of Brusio. We decided to get off at the small town of Poschiavo a typically Italian architecture buildings all around to have lunch . We lingered for a nice homemade Italian food and caught the train back where we had a 2 hour stop over at St. Moritz. Traveling into and right through the UNESCO World Heritage site is an experience that will stay with us for a very long time . Switzerland we Love you!

Visited August 2013
4 Thank srfab

• Czech first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Well worth doing the journey by train as not only is the scenery stunning, when traveled in June '13 also few passengers. Went from Chur to St. Mortiz, had lunch at the station cafe, as it was the only one open and reasonably priced. This is also a civil engineering masterpiece, as are many routes in Switzerland and well worth doing on a lovely summers day.

Visited June 2013
San Francisco, California, United States
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Brilliant Train Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Joined the Bernina Express in St Moritz, stopped off at Diavolezza to take the cable car up the mountain, made the return journey from Poschiavo lovely wee Swiss town. Outstanding scenery with many spectacular viaducts as the highest train ride moves effortlessly through the Alps.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Christine C
Caernarfon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a Trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Third time on this one, up on the Bernina Express walked in the snow, she took lots of photos (I thought it was my camera!!) and then the best bit.... down on the coach, front seat all the way. They've spoilt it a bit 'cos they've put safety barriers in place but still brilliant. Excellent driver who stopped in all the right places for photo opportunities. The only complaint was that too much time is spent in St. Moritz which is generally closed for lunch when the coach arrives. A number of the party agreed and this was passed to our Crystal Rep, I think less time at the top and more at the small town at the bottom (I've forgotten the name) which was a traditional Italian town not too spoilt by tourism. Nevertheless we'll probably do the whole thing again.

Visited May 2013
Brno
308 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 529 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have visited this attraction in August 2012. The morning train from Pontresina was full
at the beginning however after the stop Bernina Diavolezza almost empty (its the highest
point of the whole Bernina express train route - 2328m). During whole trip you will see
beautiful mountains, magnificent lakes - primarily Lago Bianco and Lagh da Palü,
unforgettable sceneries. My endstop was at Poschiavo from where I took a train
with an open carriage back. That's why I enjoyed more the return trip, I could feel
how the air cooled... I was too lazy to make a stop in the station Alp Grüm, I hope that
I will have opportunity to do it next time.

A must visit attraction for everyone!

Visited August 2012