“2nd visit- even better”
Review of Alpine Comfort

Alpine Comfort
Ranked #2 of 9 Nendaz B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Once again I have nothing but superlatives to say about this years ski holiday at Chalet Cygnet
We are 2 families with 3 young boys and as last year went so very well, we didn't hesitate to rebook for this ski season and we certainly were not disappointed 2nd time around.
Again Corina's cooking was a true highlight of our holiday and as returning guests, both her and Dave remembered all of our groups preferences not only regarding the food (2 boys have nut allergies & I eat a wheat free diet) but also re ski area drop off & pick up times, room layouts, meal timings for both the adults & the children etc
One great bonus for me this time around, was the delight that all of our children took in returning to see Corina and Dave and in my sons words "stay in their house"
I could easily go on and on about the little touchs they do (Chocolate Easter bunnies for the boys, wheat free home made delicious Birchermuesli for me.. to name a couple but please read my previous review
We look forward to seeing them again soon

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Alpine Comfort

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a short break at Chalet Cygnet with a couple of friends in late March.

We picked it because of the super reviews on Trip Advisor. We weren't disappointed. Corina and Dave are superb hosts,completely professional to make sure you have a great trip, but friendly really nice people who enhance your holiday on a personal level.

We were in a group of 4 - 2 couples - and had the chalet to ourselves. The upstairs rooms have a balcony and share a bathroom. Maybe slightly preferable to the downstairs rooms which don't have the balcony, but all beautifully presented.

The living space is very attractive with nice views out of the windows and is nicely furnished and comfortable. It is equipped with a large screen TV, though we never bothered to switch it on, preferring to plug an ipod into the music system and enjoy the surround sound. There is a collection of games and books - we used the Trivial Pursuit, but there are plenty of games etc for all ages.

The food was universally excellent - from the welcome canapes, to the afternoon cakes, the evening meal and the breakfast. Delicious and all personally cooked by Corina. We felt like we had a private dinner party every night. Great food, nice included house wines and no washing up!

We used the hot tub in the garden a couple of times. Works well, especially with a glass of Prosecco.

I set a test of Corina and Dave's patience and guest management skills by losing my passport, having a migraine whilst out skiing and then by pulling one of the kitchen cupboard doors off. I was probably their most inept guest ever, but I'm pleased to say that they came through with flying colours and did everything they could to help and always with a smile.

Don't hesitate!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
ChaletCygnet, Owner at Alpine Comfort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your review.
It is very much appreciated and we hope you had some response regarding your lost passport?

A slight correction regarding your room descriptions, the upstairs bedrooms do not need to share a bathroom, both bedrooms have their own bathrooms :)

Hope to see you soon again, the snow is great...
D&C

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Spent lots of time looking for a chalet that would provide the right balance of a fully catered chalet with the feel of our home for the week . Corina and Dave have that exact balance which from previous experience is difficult to find .Nothing too much trouble from catering for some fussy eaters to help plan our ski routes for the day . The food was of a very high standard and the hot tub a must after a full day on the slopes. An exceptional chalet with exceptional hosts . Anyone looking to stay in the four valleys area book now you will not be disappointed

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had an amazing week in Chalet Cygnet. Everyday after a hard day of skiing there was fresh baked cake waiting for us. The view out of the jacuzzi was fabulous and the warm water a relief to our muscles. But the best thing was the hospitallity of our hosts Corina and Dave. Nothing was to much. Transport to and from the pistes was arranged at any time you wanted and everyday we had splendid breakfast and a four course dinner of extreme quality. I hope we will be able to go here next year.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

After meticulously researching various chalets in the 4 Valleys ski area, my partner and I alighted upon this little gem and immediately checked out its reviews on tripadvisor, whereupon we discovered one impeccable review after another! We wasted no time in making a booking for the master bedroom for a 4 night stay in mid January. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we wanted for nothing. Everything we required had already been thought of right down to the smallest detail, and Corina and David were the perfect hosts. As others have previously mentioned, they struck the perfect balance between being attentive but not intrusive, and Corina should have a michelin star of her own because her cooking was consistently delicious and beautifully presented. Aside from the chalet itself, we were also pleased to find that Nendaz is, as David had previously mentioned before booking, the perfect base from which to explore the 4 Valleys area. We were able to access all areas of the map easily and complete our day either in Nendaz or nearby Siviez without any difficulties, and David's chauffeur service between chalet and piste made the whole process easy and comfortable. The quality of the chalet itself is excellent, from the comfortable beds to the well appointed bathrooms and the lovely living area; we really did feel like it was a home away from home. We will certainly return at some point in the future, and will continue to recommend this place to friends and family...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lwsoprano
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We spent an amazing week with David and Corina in Chalet Cygnet
I can say that we had really good conditions there. Our family never have seen such a wonderful service, every day our rooms were cleaned аnd we had tasty breakfast and dinner
Also it was good that you could take us with your car wherever we wanted
Hope to come back soon!Thank you

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I loved staying here for one reason, I actually felt relaxed coming home. We have two children, ages 3 and 2, our lives are filled with...well, toddler stuff. I cook every night and rarely go out to dinner because seriously anyone who has children or eaten around children and or even heard children in a restaurant can attest, dining with children is not always enjoyable! So the fact that my husband and I could feed our children early, get them to sleep and then enjoy 5 courses of some of the best meals I have had, it was heaven! We had access to coffee in morning and the breakfast was a wonderful spread of breads, jams, meats, cheeses, cereals, eggs and more. In the afternoon Corina would leave baked goods for us to snack on such as scones and clotted cream, cranberry oats bars and cookies. One day before we left, not far from Christmas she made gluhwein. Dave and Corina are amazing and were super helpful in every way. They setup ski lessons, took us to get fitted for equipment, dropped us off at the resort, ran us in town. It made life so much easier. The chalet was always clean and is well equipped. I wondered what it would be like having Dave and Corina in the chalet (they live on the ground floor where two bedrooms are) but they are perfect at being there when you need but staying out of way when you need or want to be alone. The chalet gives amazing views from every location, especially the hot tub which we used almost daily while our children napped. Robes were provided in the bathrooms which was nice a nice touch. The furniture and beds were comfortable. The molton brown toiletries were a nice touch (my husband has now fallen in love with these products). You will truly feel that the cost is well worth the experience. My only complaint is that I can not go more often:)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jb B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nendaz
Hotel Nendaz 4 Vallees & Spa
#2 of 3 in Veysonnaz
Edelweiss
Edelweiss
#3 of 5 in Nendaz

Been to Alpine Comfort? Share your experiences!