“Perfect Lunch”

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Took my wife for lunch on a Monday and we both loved it, early sunshine coming through the beautiful windows, fine wine and fabulous food...perfect!
Excellent price, excellent service and excellent chefs.
A must try for Derbyshire x

Reviewed March 8, 2014

On arriving at Fischer's the the setting of the hotel restaurant are beautiful, this booking was made for a overnight stay and a reservation for dinner as a late valentines treat. The rooms are quaint and very comfortable. The menu that we chose was the "The taste of Britain" a 10 course tasting menu which sounded Devine and the 1st 7 courses were just so but unfortunately the final 3 which happen to be the desserts were an acquired palette. Now the main reason for a negative review is the fact that I'm currently writing this after a not particularly early night due to the nature of the menu we chose which after experiencing tasting menus before are fully aware they are a full evenings venture which we are more than happy to participate in but with hope that on a Sunday morning you can expect to indulge in a recuperating lie in, Not so! Clearly the room we were allocated is beneath living quarters and being woken at 6am with constant walking across the width of the area and then further insult of the tv blaring out at a volume that is clearly too loud for such guest accommodation is quite clearly unsatisfactory. After listening to the tv for a further hour it was then switched off and tranquility was resumed but to the irreparable situation of being fully awake and unable to go back to sleep.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a knock-out foodie treat to celebrate our son's 21st birthday last Saturday. We wanted to give him a meal and experience to remember. The staff and chef helped deliver that. The 10-course taster menu is good value for the cost.
It's a lovely venue. An old hall/house set in attractive gardens. The food, as you would expect from a Michelin chef, was fabulous - tasty and memorable. I think Masterchef would call it well crafted and technically skilled. We might add, visually stunning. Most importantly, it was yummy.
Predictably, courses are small. But they're intensely flavoured and rich. Of the 10 we enjoyed, there were only two I would have some small issues with but won't bore the reader.
The food is the star of the show. We stuck to the house white which was great value and very quaffable.
The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is the service. Seems a downside to many Michelin establishments. Very efficient but all a little too fussy and intrusive. The overall atmosphere was too reverential for our taste.
We would recommend others to try. Fabulous for a treat. Would I return? Probably not. But thank you Fisher's for a good memory to keep.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We went here to celebrate my Dad's birthday with some family and we all loved it. The food, drinks, setting and service are amazing (we went Saturday lunch & had the 5 course tasting menu). Having eaten in several Michelin stared restaurants in the past, my expectations were high but this place is the best I have been to by some way. As we were a large party we only ordered the house wine (£25 per bottle) and it was superb.

On our way there out taxi broke down; I rang to say we would be late & they sent a driver to come and get us rather than have us wait.

For those that feel intimidated by fine dining: DON'T! It is so relaxed. If you want a treat or to celebrate an occasion then look no further.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Took my wife for the taste of Britain lunch. It was her first visit and my first in about 8 years. It was good then and even better now, flawless in every respect.