“Well worth a visit”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

My wife and I had a great lunch, we shared a delicious ham terrine to start which was served with chilli oil pineapple chunks and deep fried Camembert, sounds odd but cracking taste! We then had rib eye steak and the special, which was lamb burger, both we're cooked to perfection. Washed down to a couple of pints of boondoggle. Tip top service and a friendly welcome well recommended.

• Visited August 2014

Havant, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service, but .....”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a really good meal, the special was lamb and it was cooked and presented really well, my wife had the ribeye steak, and it was cooked as to perfection

The service provided by the two young waiters was very good, they didn't stop for a minute. They were serving behind the bar, serving food and made an excellent job of doing both. They spotted tables that needed attention, and didn't seem fazed by the number of covers, an asset and not always found in waiting staff.

The RHI appears to be very popular and I can understand why, the place was a real pleasure, however I think Gordon Ramsey and Alex Polis i would certainly have field day, not with the food, but the decor, it's not the most modern of establishments.

Unfortunately the most disturbing observation was that the place is not clean. Without leaving my seat I noticed display bottles on the bar that hadn't been moved to clean, and we're sitting in a ring of dust. The wooden settle hides a shelf that was thick with dust. I hate to think when the place had a proper clean. Everywhere you look looks dirty, I just hope it only looked dirty!

The inn has a hygiene rating of 4, I'm not sure when this was issued! My concern would be the kitchen, if the front of house isn't up to scratch, what's the kitchen like.

Other reviewers have noted similar issues with the toilets, and although I see for myself, I have no doubt they are right.

Pay attention RHI, pubs are closing at a rate of knots, and today's popular can be tomorrow's boarded up victim.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank rangehunter
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Book early as the Inn fills up quickly in the evening. Menu was varied and the sweets were very tempting! The food was excellent, well presented and tasty. The service was first class: polite and helpful without being intrusive. Loads of parking, kids' area and the toilets were clean and regularly maintained, a well deserved 5 stars!

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Probably the best Pub Food”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Nice place. If sunny you can have a drink outside. The food is extra special and presentation is superb for a pub. I had Lamb Rump which was served with Dauphinoise potatoes, Asparagus and Cabbage. Delicious

Visited September 2013
1 Thank jaguar24f
“forget the food great staff”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

A good variety of different types of food and well cooked. Two of the staff stand out. Not sure of the guy behind the bar. Had grey hair but so friendly efficient. Also Katy who served us . On the whole a very enjoyable experience and well recommend.

Visited July 2014