“Birthday meal”

Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Baslow
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was a small family meal for my birthday and it was lovely I could not fault anything the food was lovely and so were the staff have not been before but will come again

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Myself, hubby and Labrador visited the Robin Hood Inn twice in one day, we stopped in part way through a very long walk on a hot sunny September Sunday to enjoy a cold drink and a little rest. The whole pub, including all the outside areas were very busy and we spotted a number of dishes being brought out to customers, the food looked delicious. So on the journey home we called in for a Sunday Roast, it was late afternoon and whilst still busy there was a table outside where we could sit with our dog. Both my husband and I had the Roast Beef and it was gorgeous, a huge plateful, i really enjoyed the vegetables which still had a nice bite and had not been overcooked. The service was very fast and efficient and the waitresses were lovely. Would definitely recommend and will return when we next visit Derbyshire.

1  Thank Sammi V
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a lovely meal here, the food was tasty and the service was very good, a very welcoming kind of place and even though it was busy, we were served promptly for every course.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I can't normally be bothered to write reviews, but so impressed were we by our meals here today, I just had to comment. I phoned ahead to book a table, as I'd read on Tripadvisor that this is a popular place. We arrived after a day's walking, to find our table with our name on it (and most other tables were reserved too).
I had the fish and chips and they were some of the best I've ever had - quality, soft white fish, fresh-made batter and real home-cooked chips. The mushy peas were great too. My husband had the steak and said it was the best one he'd ever had (he's not easily impressed so this was some accolade).
Our desserts were sticky toffee pudding and home-made Bakewell pudding, and again, were exceptionally good.
The staff were all pleasant and attentive, and the atmosphere was relaxed. There were even some books (about walking in the local area) on a shelf above our table, which we could peruse whilst waiting for our food (though the wait was very short).

1  Thank CPL19
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Have tried to eat here on a few occasions and tonight we were in luck. It is a nicely presented pub which serves great food. It's not a restaurant but the menu has plenty of choice unlike some pubs. My partner and I both had off the specials board the 12 hour slow cooked chilli beef brisket with tortilla wraps, creme fraiche, guacomole and salad. It was delicious, the beef just melted in your mouth. The perfect meal for a chilly autumn evening. The staff were also very helpful and friendly. Will definitely recommend and return.

1  Thank pinkele